Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
LeBentit said:
Hello

My wife and I are current living in Canada, she is a Canadian citizen and we have applied to the sponsorship process.

However, since I am currently here in Canada as a visitor I am only allowed to stay here for 6 months.

We initially started the sponsorship process as inland but since the processing times are longer than 27 months we decided to cancel it and submit another application outland to São Paulo Office in Brazil since the processing times are only 7 months.

My 6 mouths here ends in February so I would like to know if I can remain in Canada as a Visitor (implied status) while we submit a new process outland to São Paulo Office and also if I can receive my Permanent Resident card in Canada after the process is done.

Anyone had a similar experience?

Thank you! :D

Thank you
There is no implied status with outland applications. If you want to remain in Canada you will have to apply for an extension to your visitor status before your 6 months ends in February.

idkl7Square

Dec 9, 2015
I see a lot of mention of including a third envelope which contains evidence of the relationship when going through peoples tips on other threads about setting up the package (envelope 1 is sponsor docs, and 2 is applicant docs).

We are a bit confused as to why it exists, and why it's packed. The only thing I can see being placed in there is a copy of the marriage certificate, which I think might be better off going into both the Sponsor package and the Applicant package (1 copy in each).

Every other piece of evidence I can think of is covered off in the Spouse/Common-law Questionnaire and would be more appropriate going attached to that with references back to questions #2(evidence of outings and trips), #4 (people spouse has met and when/where), #7 (ceremony details and photographs), and #12 (all additional details and documents to prove an ongoing relationship).

Are we wrong in placing all of our additional evidence in question #12? Also where exactly do we put the marriage certificates as it says we both need to include a copy?

Thanks for any advice or corrections!

Snowisland

Nov 23, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
LANDED..........
30-05-2016
idkl7Square said:
I see a lot of mention of including a third envelope which contains evidence of the relationship when going through peoples tips on other threads about setting up the package (envelope 1 is sponsor docs, and 2 is applicant docs).

We are a bit confused as to why it exists, and why it's packed. The only thing I can see being placed in there is a copy of the marriage certificate, which I think might be better off going into both the Sponsor package and the Applicant package (1 copy in each).

Every other piece of evidence I can think of is covered off in the Spouse/Common-law Questionnaire and would be more appropriate going attached to that with references back to questions #2(evidence of outings and trips), #4 (people spouse has met and when/where), #7 (ceremony details and photographs), and #12 (all additional details and documents to prove an ongoing relationship).

Are we wrong in placing all of our additional evidence in question #12? Also where exactly do we put the marriage certificates as it says we both need to include a copy?

Thanks for any advice or corrections!
I used a 5x 6 enveloped to put photos in so they would not be loose. You are only required to have two envelopes, one for sponsor and one for immigrant.
I placed everything except photos in the order which the checklist listed. Including the marriage certificate copy.
So I think the way you are doing it is good.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Where does it say to use two envelopes? I've not heard of that as a requirement. When they get the application, they tear it all apart (both applications) and go through it. Putting it in more than one envelope or organising it with labels really has no point.

Think of it more like one application with two parts. Both parts use the same document proof. You only need one copy of them because they process the applications consecutively.

SAMAWAN

Nov 14, 2014
My Wife Sponsor me from Canada
We received your application for permanent residence on September 26, 2014.
We started processing your application on November 26, 2014.
Remedical Done on 11 June...
Visa Office is London

What is the next step?Huh
How much time for PPR???

safim

Dec 2, 2014
I have a question?
I did an enguiry about my husband's application,
I am jan 2015 applicant,
They send me a respond that they send my application to other agencies to complete background checks and they don't know how long will it take, did anyone had the same experience, please share your experience? I'm so upset:(

Snowisland

Nov 23, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
LANDED..........
30-05-2016
Aquakitty said:
Where does it say to use two envelopes? I've not heard of that as a requirement. When they get the application, they tear it all apart (both applications) and go through it. Putting it in more than one envelope or organising it with labels really has no point.

Think of it more like one application with two parts. Both parts use the same document proof. You only need one copy of them because they process the applications consecutively.
The instructions say the immigrant forms must be in a sealed envelope addressed to the sponsor. So the sponsor has an envelope and the immigrant has an envelope addressed to the sponsor. Both envelopes are then mailed in one packet.
I did not organize with labels or anything other than putting papers in the checklist order . No staples, not even paper clips.

Sunset0505

Dec 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Miss/Ottawa/LA and July/15 in LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
08JUL2015
AOR Received.
09APR2014/SA 05JUN2014
File Transfer...
15JUL2014
Med's Request
2nd-01JUN2015/3rd 15JUL2015
Med's Done....
29/03/14& 15/06/15& 03/08/15/mailed 01/11/2015
Interview........
03NOV2015 in LA
Passport Req..
IP 23SEP15/DM 12/12/15
LANDED..........
29APR2016
Snowisland said:
The instructions say the immigrant forms must be in a sealed envelope addressed to the sponsor. So the sponsor has an envelope and the immigrant has an envelope addressed to the sponsor. Both envelopes are then mailed in one packet.
I did not organize with labels or anything other than putting papers in the checklist order . No staples, not even paper clips.
I am glad ours is getting to the end...we sure didn't need more "stuff" to do!!!

idkl7Square

Dec 9, 2015
Snowisland said:
I used a 5x 6 enveloped to put photos in so they would not be loose. You are only required to have two envelopes, one for sponsor and one for immigrant.
I placed everything except photos in the order which the checklist listed. Including the marriage certificate copy.
So I think the way you are doing it is good.
Thanks! These guys had us worried with 3 envelopes, 300+ pages of proof, an index, tabs etc..

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
idkl7Square said:
Thanks! These guys had us worried with 3 envelopes, 300+ pages of proof, an index, tabs etc..
Well, a lot of people choose to include the third envelope because it makes sense to do it that way.

For any questions in either application, asking about things associated with the relationship, it eliminates redundancy; why provide the same document more than once?

rmv

Star Member
Dec 15, 2015
Do I (applicant) need to get police certificate from my home country AND from Canada when I have been living over 6 months? I have not lived anywhere else.
And do we need to order also my husband (sponsor) police certificate? (Just Canadian one?)

Tahiti2012

Star Member
Nov 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
MISSISSAUGA-MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 8, 2016
Passport Req..
Oct 06, 2016
LANDED..........
07/11/2016
Hello everyone... permission to post. I got 6 envelopes. 1st envelop sponsor, 2nd envelop sponsored spouses. 3,4,5,6 for the Evidence of our relationship. please help if anyone of you sent like mine? thanks in advance for the reply.

Tahiti2012

Star Member
Nov 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
MISSISSAUGA-MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 8, 2016
Passport Req..
Oct 06, 2016
LANDED..........
07/11/2016
Police clearance is only for the Applicant not for the Sponsor. You need a police clearance in your home Country.

bluegirl08

Star Member
Nov 22, 2014
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
18-08-2017
AOR Received.
30-09-2017
File Transfer...
20-10-2017
Med's Request
04-10-2017
i want to ask if there is a big chance for approval for spousal application if you have less evidence of pictures, mostly are just wedding photos because we started as friends for the past few years. then get married. what are the other proof of relationship to be included in support of the application?

Turbo2000

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
02-06-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
DM1: 02-07-2015, IN PROCESS: 09-10-2015
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
14-04-2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
12-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
DM2: 12-18-2015
LANDED..........
JAN. 17TH 2016 !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Six envelopes ! :eek: Come on. I don't think anybody has done it before.

3 envelopes are enough...1. Sponsor 2. Applicant 3. Proof /evidence of relationship.

The main thing is just to organize your documents according to the checklist...In my case I used just one

envelope containing all the documents and a smaller envelope for the pictures. I had no problem.

I also used extra sheets with a brief description...for instance, for the evidence/proof of relationship, numbered it from

1 to 4: (1) Proof of communication (extracts from skype, facebook, whatsapp, e.t.c phone log history where I actually use a highlighter to colour

the calls that involved my spouse and I. (2) Receipts from money transfer (3). copies of flight tickets and boarding pass (4) Pictures

You might use even 10 envelopes...but it doesn't imply your documents are well organized.

Tahiti2012 said:
Hello everyone... permission to post. I got 6 envelopes. 1st envelop sponsor, 2nd envelop sponsored spouses. 3,4,5,6 for the Evidence of our relationship. please help if anyone of you sent like mine? thanks in advance for the reply.