Med's Done....
29/03/14& 15/06/15& 03/08/15/mailed 01/11/2015
Interview........
03NOV2015 in LA
Passport Req..
IP 23SEP15/DM 12/12/15
LANDED..........
29APR2016
Oh yeah...The call centre said they would send us info on who to contact in the US about our case and they copied and pasted the CIC site info...I have emailed the Immigration Minister and asked if the call centre employees were getting Union Wages to copy and paste because if they are I may need to make a carreer change when I return to Canada.. ;D

KelseyTVS

Jun 18, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chandy13.13 said:
hi friends
Please tell me how NDVO calculate the application processing time of spouse 16 month?
NDVO calculate 16 months after application filed or after application received at NDVO.
It is 16 months after NDVO receives the application. However, 16 months is not an average. It's the amount of time to do 80% of applications, which means 79% of applications are processed faster. The wording is poor on the CIC website but times are almost always shorter than what is listed there.

nekeol

Champion Member
Nov 7, 2012
Waterloo region, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London/Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
App. Filed.......
25/9/2011
Doc's Request.
21/11/12
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
19/12/2013, after BGC
Med's Done....
7/1/2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
Alhamdolillah Landed July 2014/Citizenship Applied in JAN 2018
KelseyTVS said:
It is 16 months after NDVO receives the application. However, 16 months is not an average. It's the amount of time to do 80% of applications, which means 79% of applications are processed faster. The wording is poor on the CIC website but times are almost always shorter than what is listed there.

chandy13.13

Star Member
Jul 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-1-2014
AOR Received.
5-4-2014
Med's Done....
6-11-2013 remedicAL 19-3-2015
Interview........
12-03-2015 decision made on 10 sept 2015
Passport Req..
14-sep-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-sep-2015
LANDED..........
very soon
Is background check in every case of spouse or they are gone background check in specific case.
In which case they are gone for background and security check up

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
In looking at the 2015 Outland Spousal application spreadsheet it seems that the 80 percentile processing times for SA are higher than 55 days...granted not everyone is using that spreadsheet (would be helpful if all those who applied in 2015 regardless of month used ONE spreadsheet)

Haven't heard a lot of progress this week in terms of AOR's and SA's....probably lots of CIC employees are on holidays for the summer.

Looking forward to hearing good news from everyone soon!

:)

C.

Annelyn

Jul 24, 2015
Hello all,

Any valid opinion appreciated - I am confused which path to take - short form below to save time

I am - Canadian Permanent Resident, reside and work in Canada (in my 3rd year now) - this forum helped me lots to get my PR

My husband - German citizen (pensioner) we have been married 30 years

My husband is already short of days for his RO obligations here and cannot stay two years here at the moment - he will more than likely get reported next time he comes in.

Therefore:

a) Do we cancel his PR and I start a Spousal application (is that the best thing to do to get it right again and give us a bit of time for him to get here permanently (outland application from Vienna fastest I think)

b) IF we wait until he comes in again - he will more than likely be reported for not enough days - will this go AGAINST a spousal application at that time?

Wait and see OR be honest and cancel and do spousal application?

We have no great excuse - just life being what it is - he is 70 and just never got here yet, just up and down to visit me - age makes him scared of a new life in a new country but he has learnt now to love Canada and it's people so finally we are both on track wanting to stay here - it's been stressfull but one must be positive going forward.........any advice appreciated.

Thanks and success to you all

nekeol

Champion Member
Nov 7, 2012
Waterloo region, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London/Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
App. Filed.......
25/9/2011
Doc's Request.
21/11/12
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
19/12/2013, after BGC
Med's Done....
7/1/2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
Alhamdolillah Landed July 2014/Citizenship Applied in JAN 2018
Annelyn said:
Hello all,

Any valid opinion appreciated - I am confused which path to take - short form below to save time

I am - Canadian Permanent Resident, reside and work in Canada (in my 3rd year now) - this forum helped me lots to get my PR

My husband is already short of days for his RO obligations here and cannot stay two years here at the moment - he will more than likely get reported next time he comes in.

Therefore:

a) Do we cancel his PR and I start a Spousal application (is that the best thing to do to get it right again and give us a bit of time for him to get here permanently (outland application from Vienna fastest I think)

b) IF we wait until he comes in again - he will more than likely be reported for not enough days - will this go AGAINST a spousal application at that time?

We have no great excuse - just life being what it is - he is 70 and just never got here yet, just up and down to visit me - age makes him scared of a new life in a new country but he has learnt now to love Canada and it's people so finally we are both on track wanting to stay here - it's been stressfull but one must be positive going forward.........any advice appreciated.

If he holds valid PR, and at the time of renewal he make renewal proper arrangements, then he can continue his currant status, no need to change. 5/6 are citizenship obligations and nor PR OBLIGATIONS, as long as u renew his card, enough to visit canada time to time.

Jenzo

Jul 14, 2015
Annelyn said:
Hello all,

Therefore:

Ok so you and your husband have had PR for 3 years? He only needs to spend 730 days (a total of 2 years, not consecutive) of the 5 years in Canada. I do not think it matters if he leaves and comes back. If you've only been here 3 years you should be easily able to satisfy this requirement especially since he has been back and forth, and all those days count.

Also, if you have visited him in Germany, those days might count as well:

OPTION 3. Accompanying a permanent resident outside Canada

You may count each day you accompanied a permanent resident outside Canada provided that:

the person you accompanied is your spouse, common-law partner or parent (if you are a child under 19 years of age); and
he or she was employed on a full-time basis by a Canadian business or in the public service of Canada or of a province or territory during the period you accompanied him or her.
Evidence required
You must provide supporting documents to prove that:

The person you are accompanying is a permanent resident;
You are the spouse, common-law partner or child of that person; and
The permanent resident you are accompanying meets his or her own residency obligation.

Read Appendix A carefully: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5445ETOC.asp#appendixA

cempjwi

Mar 14, 2012
CANADA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
31-Jul-12
Doc's Request.
09-Feb-13; Sent 13-Mar-13
AOR Received.
15-Oct-12; In-process 26-Mar-13
File Transfer...
15-Oct-12
Med's Request
02-Apr-13 Chest Xray Only
Med's Done....
14-May-12; 04-Apr-13 (Delivered 15-Apr-13)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-Apr-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2013 (Rcvd May 15th, 2013)
LANDED..........
1-July-2013
Annelyn said:
Hello all,

Therefore:

To maintain PR status a person must have been in Canada for a total of 730 days in the last 5 year period. Unless his PR card is expired nothing will prevent him to come back to Canada using it, even if he has not met his residency obligation.

The tricky part will be when he needs to renew his PR card as he will need to prove that he has met the residency requirement.

As a German citizen, he does not need a visa to come to Canada and his passport alone will allow him to come see you for the time allowed as a visitor, but not to stay longer than the maximum time allowed for visitors, in the best case scenario.

Former PR's may have a hard time proving that they will not over stay in Canada and his age and that he is married to a resident of Canada might complicate things upon entry if he is sent to secondary inspection.

If his card expires and he has not met his obligation and inspection upon entry is not a concern, he can come as a visitor and then you can file inland for PR again and he can stay (and must stay) until the process is complete. However, a PR application for a person whose PR status has not been taken away or if that person has not officially relinquished his/her PR status will probably be returned by CIC if they are able to determine he is a current PR (although it would be very interesting if they actually process the application and approve it if he is still a PR, right?).

Please remember that sponsoring him again is not possible unless 5 years have passed since the time he became a PR (the rule applies even if the new spouse is the same as the previous one).

Also, there is a cohabitation rule that requires new PR's to live with their spouse for 2 consecutive years following the moment they acquired PR status, so he will need to stay in Canada for 2 years after he lands (no more staying away for longer than a reasonable period of time). This is called the Conditional PR status and if this requirement is not met, his PR status will be taken away.

I hope this helps.

cempjwi

Mar 14, 2012
CANADA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
31-Jul-12
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
15-Oct-12
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-Apr-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
1-July-2013
Jenzo said:
Ok so you and your husband have had PR for 3 years? He only needs to spend 730 days (a total of 2 years, not consecutive) of the 5 years in Canada. I do not think it matters if he leaves and comes back. If you've only been here 3 years you should be easily able to satisfy this requirement especially since he has been back and forth, and all those days count.

Also, if you have visited him in Germany, those days might count as well:

OPTION 3. Accompanying a permanent resident outside Canada

You may count each day you accompanied a permanent resident outside Canada provided that:

the person you accompanied is your spouse, common-law partner or parent (if you are a child under 19 years of age); and
he or she was employed on a full-time basis by a Canadian business or in the public service of Canada or of a province or territory during the period you accompanied him or her.
Evidence required
You must provide supporting documents to prove that:

The person you are accompanying is a permanent resident;
You are the spouse, common-law partner or child of that person; and
The permanent resident you are accompanying meets his or her own residency obligation.

Read Appendix A carefully: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5445ETOC.asp#appendixA
This will not apply to your husband because when you visit him in Germany you are not being sent there to work for a "Canadian business or in the public service of Canada".

dreematt

Star Member
May 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
March 17, 2015
Med's Done....
Jan 2015 (Up Front)
Hey guys I need some help. I noticed that I have been working on an expired SIN NUMBER. will this affect my sponsorship app? Like I didn't know that my sin card has an expiration. When I got to Canada they issued me only a year validity work permit because of my passport validation, when I got the one year extension of my work permit I didn't realize that I need to update my sin number as well. What should I do? I am freaking out right now. My legal status will be expiring on August that means I have been working on an expired sin number for over a year now. Please guys I need some advice about this,

cempjwi

Mar 14, 2012
CANADA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
31-Jul-12
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
15-Oct-12
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-Apr-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
1-July-2013
dreematt said:
Hey guys I need some help. I noticed that I have been working on an expired SIN NUMBER. will this affect my sponsorship app? Like I didn't know that my sin card has an expiration. When I got to Canada they issued me only a year validity work permit because of my passport validation, when I got the one year extension of my work permit I didn't realize that I need to update my sin number as well. What should I do? I am freaking out right now. My legal status will be expiring on August that means I have been working on an expired sin number for over a year now. Please guys I need some advice about this,
You should not have any issues, just contact Service Canada to have them extend your expiration date based on your permit before it becomes and issue, if it should ever do.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
cempjwi said:
This will not apply to your husband because when you visit him in Germany you are not being sent there to work for a "Canadian business or in the public service of Canada".
The appendix doesn't say you have to be there for work, it says you have to be employed by a Canadian company. Maybe it's badly worded?

"he or she was employed on a full-time basis by a Canadian business or in the public service of Canada or of a province or territory during the period you accompanied him or her."

That makes it sound like as long as you have a full time job with a Canadian company you can leave the country for a while to be with your spouse and it will count (vacation etc.)

maclun

Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
HONGKONG
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just tried to pay the fees online ,but it said SORRY ...this on-line service is currently not available.......

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
maclun said:
I just tried to pay the fees online ,but it said SORRY ...this on-line service is currently not available.......
It's free for the next 2 hours! Na just kidding, I saw a warning that the system was going down for maintenance at some point, that must be what it is.