VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
PeachShark said:
Question1:
As the rules are changing frequently, I would like to know if above statement is still applicable, if so which centre will be processing the files faster New York or New Delhi?

Question2:
Could someone who got their PR in this category(New Delhi and New York) share their timeframe?
Hi

American apps are sent to Ottawa, not NY.

1. There is no longer an option to choose a visa office. CIC will decide where to send the app. It will most likely be sent to New Delhi because that is where she has been living.

2. Ottawa has been averaging around 6 months for straightforward American apps; there isn't really much info on how fast non-American apps are taking in Ottawa. ND is around 8-9 months.

dreamcatcher8

Jan 17, 2015
Hi everyone,

I'm a Newbie here. Need your advice. I've been reading through some threads regarding this topic, but I might need more information.

I am Filipino and my PR has just been approved. Me and my girlfriend of 3 years are planning to get married (asap).
As i have read (and we will do), we will get married after my landing in Canada. The goal is we are apart the least time, getting her in through the inland sponsorship route.

Our dilemma is where we should get married and how I can bring her with me to Canada after that.

We are planning the steps below:

1. My girlfriend will apply for a TRV (with her family). She has relatives there as well, so reason is to visit family and for leisure.

2. I leave for Canada (Toronto) to be a landed immigrant. PR card will be sent to mailing address in 48 days (published processing time in cic).

3. While waiting for the PR card, I will go back to Philippines since I will need to get married. I will just have the PR card mailed to me by my family member who will receive from Canada mailing address. Worst case is to apply for a single-use permanent resident travel doc in Canada visa office in the Philippines to return to Canada.

>>>Question on the single use travel document -- there is a portion in the form for your activities and employment since you became a PR and a Residency Obligation. Given that I will return to Philippines weeks after I land in Canada, I have no information to put in these fields in the Application for Travel Document (Permanent Resident Abroad). Will this be okay?

4. Once married in the Philippines, I will leave after for Canada, make sure to get a job so I can sponsor my wife (inland) when she arrives.

>>>Question on sponsoring spouse --- In order to sponsor my wife, is it okay to already apply even if I just got employed and will just show my financial sources.

5. After getting a job, she travels to Canada with TRV and I will apply for inland sponsorship, OWP and extension of visa.

>>>Question on her travel with TRV -- will she need a return ticket to ensure she gets in? Or no need for return ticket and if Immigration Officer asks her, will she declare that she will stay for inland sponsorship?

Please let me know the if there are any issues on our initial plan, setbacks, problems, a better way to do it, etc.

Thank you in advance for your advice. I will truly appreciate your feedback on our dilemma.

zbaby

Nov 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO/Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2014
Med's Done....
25-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-09-2015
sorry guys if it is not the right thread, just wondering if i could get some help here as i have been getting the same from senior members here.

our spousal application is reached at mississuaga office on 29th Dec, 2014.
right now we are thinking to apply for TRV as we are newly married and missing each other terribly.

my husband sent an email to AdVO regarding TRV and they replied as below;

You can apply for a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) up to 4 months before your planned departure date. If you are travelling during the summer months (May to September), please apply as early as possible.

The visa section receives applications in person from 8.30am to 10.30am on Sundays, Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays except public holidays. You do not require an appointment to submit an application at the embassy. Only complete applications with correct fees will be accepted. Incomplete applications will be returned. A representative can apply on your behalf provided he or she has your written authorization to collect the passport.

You do not have to apply in person. You can send your application via courier to the Embassy. You must include a completed return airway bill along with the application.

It is important to note that processing times vary from case to case, often due to reasons beyond our control. Some cases, whether due to the individual complexity of the case or the high volume of applications received, will take longer to process than the times indicated on our website.

We will not respond to status enquiries received within our processing times.
Sincerely,

Immigration Section / CG

1) so after the above email shall i apply right now for TRV if i want to be there in june, 2015 or shall i still wait for SA?
2) what are the links to access TRV forms & checklist, fee etc.?
3) do i really need to have a bank balance to apply for TRV even if my husband sends me an offer letter plus the wedding invitation card of brother in law and i show them my employment letter and return ticket?

please help!!

Morganhannah

Oct 7, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-03-2015
AOR Received.
18-04-2015
File Transfer...
28-04-2015
Med's Done....
13-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
27-06-2015
For question 9 in the sponsored spouse questionnaire it asks to describe how your relationship developed since your first contact with your sponsor. My husband is confused as to how to write this question. Should he write every single time we have visited each other which is almost every weekend. Or should he just right in general how our relationship developed and right please see questions 24 and 25 where it asks for a list of all the times you visited your sponsor and they visited you.

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
Morganhannah said:
For question 9 in the sponsored spouse questionnaire it asks to describe how your relationship developed since your first contact with your sponsor. My husband is confused as to how to write this question. Should he write every single time we have visited each other which is almost every weekend. Or should he just right in general how our relationship developed and right please see questions 24 and 25 where it asks for a list of all the times you visited your sponsor and they visited you.
He can write some specifics, but if you guys saw each other every weekend, then a general overview should be ok.

My husband wrote his for each trip I took to visit him between 2008 and 2009. Then when I moved there in 2009 until 2012, it was more a general overview and only included big events, since we were together everyday.

Morganhannah

Oct 7, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-03-2015
AOR Received.
18-04-2015
File Transfer...
28-04-2015
Med's Done....
13-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
27-06-2015
tink23 said:
He can write some specifics, but if you guys saw each other every weekend, then a general overview should be ok.

My husband wrote his for each trip I took to visit him between 2008 and 2009. Then when I moved there in 2009 until 2012, it was more a general overview and only included big events, since we were together everyday.
Thank you, that helps a bunch! I really appreciate it :)

still

Jan 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
Hi

I found your post very useful.
Can you please share the source that states "There is no longer an option to choose a visa office" ?

Thanks

ymserver

Star Member
Jan 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-12-2014
Doc's Request.
12-08-2015 (HK Police cert)
AOR Received.
05-03-2015
File Transfer...
10-03-2015 (SA); 30-03-2015 (AOR2);
Med's Request
12-08-2015
Med's Done....
13-08-2015 (re-med)
Interview........
wavied
Passport Req..
02-11-2015 (DM2), no PPR
VISA ISSUED...
16-11-2015 (COPR)
still said:
Hi

I found your post very useful.
Can you please share the source that states "There is no longer an option to choose a visa office" ?

Thanks
The new IMM0008 Form (updated Nov 2014) has taken away the option to choose a visa office.

still

Jan 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
ymserver said:
The new IMM0008 Form (updated Nov 2014) has taken away the option to choose a visa office.

Found it, thank you!

eminem_n_rihannah99

Star Member
Dec 10, 2014
Mississauga, Ontario, canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2015
Nomination.....
SA 25-05-2015
AOR Received.
25-03-2015
File Transfer...
02-06-2015
Med's Done....
31-10-2014
Interview........
WAIVED!!!!!!!!!!!! YIPPII!!!!
Passport Req..
13-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
SOOOOONN!!!
LANDED..........
SOON!
We will all help each other here. Leave no stone unturned my friends. Be detailed in answering the questions.

Watch movie Labor Day, as an example of how love develops. This will help with question 9 and how to explain it.

Love is the most beautiful yet can be the most painful feeling in the world. :-*

If love was truly the catalyst for all the events that followed in your stories then you will explain question 9 well.

Good luck!

Crappy answer (i.e.) when I met her she was so beautiful. She liked me too. We got to know each other by spending a lot of time together. We fell in love and I proposed to her. She said yes. Our families and friends supported us. We look forward to building a life together in Canada. See attached photos.

Do you think that answered the question well? ::)

2cookies

May 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Yes
hi,

My wife PR is going to expire soon - can she apply for a new one once its expires knowing I can sponsor her? Will CIC allow that or it better to sponsor her?

Many thanks

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
2cookies said:
hi,

My wife PR is going to expire soon - can she apply for a new one once its expires knowing I can sponsor her? Will CIC allow that or it better to sponsor her?

Many thanks
Do you mean that her PR CARD is expiring soon? Is she currently NOT in Canada?

If so...and she is able to return to Canada (and gets past CBSA), all she has to do is stay in Canada for 730 days to reset her PR residency obligation.

2cookies

May 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Yes
Ponga said:
Do you mean that her PR CARD is expiring soon? Is she currently NOT in Canada?

If so...and she is able to return to Canada (and gets past CBSA), all she has to do is stay in Canada for 730 days to reset her PR residency obligation.

Yes she is not in Canada and wont be able to come back to get the requirement.
So am left with either applying a new PR or sponsoring her. I was thinking to apply a new PR - will have be an issue considering I can also sponsor her? I was thinking a new PR take less time.
Kindly give me ideas on this
Thank you

ABHICHARU

Mar 10, 2014
Dear Leon,

It's been an Year, when i have submitted my file, and yet i don't know where my file. actually its showing that they are working on october 14 file, and on my application no updates are available. i m so worried, of they can state me a real reason or answer, than i can decide what to do further. but no answers from them. have mailed them called them but no answer. please tell me waht should i do??