+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
hcseeker said:
Once again CIC has my head spinning and blood pressure high with more bureaucratic bull*censored word*. :mad: Please help if you can.
I'm approved as my wife's sponsor for her PR application that's being processed in Ottawa, since she's a US citizen. She is here in Canada on a visitor status that expires next month. We want to apply to extend her stay here. I created a GC key and MyCIC account so we could apply online, since the wait time is much faster. However, after I answer the questionnaire, the Results page lists 2 options: Family Class: Spouses, Partners and Dependents (Outside Canada) You may be eligible to come to Canada through Family Sponsorship OR
Visitors/Tourists (No temporary resident visa) - over 6 months You maybe eligible to travel to Canada as a visitor without a visa.
Since we already applied for PR I think option 1 doesn't apply. We want her to be able to stay beyond 6 months as a visitor so #2 seems to be the choice. When I click the continue button on that option, the only button I have available is to exit questionnaire.
Soooo... how the hell can I apply online for extension of visitor status
Any help is appreciated.
Yes option #2 seems like what you should be doing. Sounds like there is a mistake in the website maybe you need to call CIC.

That being said why not fill out a paper application and be done with it?

triple p

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2015
Doc's Request.
21-08-2015 (Proof of Sponsor's Canadian Residence); 08-09-2015 (FBI)
AOR Received.
10-04-2015
File Transfer...
24-04-2015 Ottawa; 08-12-2015 LA; DM 19-01-2016; pics request 12-02-2016
Med's Done....
01-10-2014
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 19-02-2016!!!
I'm currently visiting my hubby (I am sponsor) for 5 months and took a temporary leave from my job. I will be returning to Canada and my job at the beginning of Jan., 2015. I have my proof of employment, which states the rate of pay I will receive on the date my leave is over (Dec 20, 2014). Should I submit any other financial information as I am currently not working? If so, what (might be hard to get an updated bank summary statement; however, I have my tax information from the last few years)? Or, will they even care because I have held this job for 9 years.

I plan on sending my application to CPC-M mid-December, should I be worried that I am not in the country at that time? I obviously have a job I am going back to. Should I also send a copy of my rental agreement and landlord receipts (shows that I am paid up until the end of January). I could also include a copy of my temporary leave letter that states the date I will return full time & the email I sent to my boss/HR last week that states I do intend on returning to work in January. I had to send an email as a formality that was requested in my leave letter.

Would it just be better to post the application in January? I just do not want them to think my file is complex and ship it to LA...I would appreciated your advice! Thanks!

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
triple p said:
I'm currently visiting my hubby (I am sponsor) for 5 months and took a temporary leave from my job. I will be returning to Canada and my job at the beginning of Jan., 2015. I have my proof of employment, which states the rate of pay I will receive on the date my leave is over (Dec 20, 2014). Should I submit any other financial information as I am currently not working? If so, what (might be hard to get an updated bank summary statement; however, I have my tax information from the last few years)? Or, will they even care because I have held this job for 9 years.

I plan on sending my application to CPC-M mid-December, should I be worried that I am not in the country at that time? I obviously have a job I am going back to. Should I also send a copy of my rental agreement and landlord receipts (shows that I am paid up until the end of January). I could also include a copy of my temporary leave letter that states the date I will return full time & the email I sent to my boss/HR last week that states I do intend on returning to work in January. I had to send an email as a formality that was requested in my leave letter.

Would it just be better to post the application in January? I just do not want them to think my file is complex and ship it to LA...I would appreciated your advice! Thanks!
You are the sponsor, correct? Where the application processes has nothing to do with the sponsor. Do not worry about where you will be when you send in your application. As a canadian citizen, you are free to live wherever you want when in process. All CIC cares about is that you plan to return to canada upon your spouse's approval. You seem to have great proof of that, so again, not an issue. Also, there is no financial requirement for sponsoring a spouse. There are many sponsors without jobs who successfully sponsor a spouse. Financially, all CIC cares about is whether the sponsor has filed bankruptcy or used welfare within the past 12 months. No need to include financial info that's not on the required list. PRovide the information that is required. If you can't produce certain required financial items, explain why and THEN submit back up material.

Again, whether your spouse's application goes to LA has nothing to do with your eligibility to sponsor. where the application is processed is purely based on your spouse's application. Really, if you have a straight forward case, there is a slim chance of your file getting transferred. Remember, what CIC considers a "red flag" is quite different than what we "think" may be considered a red flag. your file will not be considered "complicated" because you, as the sponsor, are not living in canada and took some time off professionally.

hcseeker

Mar 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2014
Med's Done....
21-04-2014
Linden said:
Yes option #2 seems like what you should be doing. Sounds like there is a mistake in the website maybe you need to call CIC.

That being said why not fill out a paper application and be done with it?
Thanks Linden. Actually the problem was resolved on page 1046 by canuck_in_uk.

khurram19801

Star Member
Sep 18, 2014
AOA, dear wife case i have an question , i have rec ppr 25 september 2014 by email from islamabad embassy, and i sent from passport TCS courior 25 september embassy rec my passport 25 days ago any one know when embassy send back passport to me, i am worry about this why passport late and embassy did issue visa insha Allah, please reply

mccague

Sep 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 29, 2015
AOR Received.
July 30, 2015
File Transfer...
September 10, 2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
26-11-2015
Question About IMM 5669 - Schedule A Background/ Declaration

I have a question about Question Number 8 where it asks to provide Personal History. Now my husband has been travelling to countries such as Dubai and England for BUSINESS MEETINGS and stuff. Do I have to mention that as well. Also, his company name changed due to amendment in the service structure and re branding. Do I mention that. Also, his current Iqama is until March 2015. So shall i mention his residency until them or something else?

Please help me out! I am pregnant and due any time soon lol so want to get this application out of the way before the baby arrives here .. lol

Applicant residing in Saudi Arabia
Visa Office is Abu Dhabi

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
Is it mandatory to submit marriage certificate along with the application?

handsup

Champion Member
Sep 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2015
vermas said:
Is it mandatory to submit marriage certificate along with the application?
Yes

It is a point in Checklist when we filed our case...

If you do not submit i right now they might return the file by saying it incomplete or might ask for it... both will delay the process and would add monthssss

ulsterman82

May 24, 2014
handsup said:
Yes

It is a point in Checklist when we filed our case...

If you do not submit i right now they might return the file by saying it incomplete or might ask for it... both will delay the process and would add monthssss
We triple checked our visa application and ensured that our marriage cert was in there, we ended up being asked for it again so it might be worth while putting extra copies in there just to be sure!

handsup

Champion Member
Sep 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2015
ulsterman82 said:
We triple checked our visa application and ensured that our marriage cert was in there, we ended up being asked for it again so it might be worth while putting extra copies in there just to be sure!
Where are you from?

You might have sent them the translated one??

The requirement is Original certificate. I have read few cases who are asked to send their Marriage certificate in their own language like Nikah Nama for Pakistan in Urdu whereas people sent in |English

ulsterman82

May 24, 2014
handsup said:
Where are you from?

You might have sent them the translated one??

The requirement is Original certificate. I have read few cases who are asked to send their Marriage certificate in their own language like Nikah Nama for Pakistan in Urdu whereas people sent in |English
I'm from the UK and they were Original certs! If they give you 30 days to reply how is that enough time to get an original one and send it in? Luckily we do have a spare!

handsup

Champion Member
Sep 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2015
ulsterman82 said:
I'm from the UK and they were Original certs! If they give you 30 days to reply how is that enough time to get an original one and send it in? Luckily we do have a spare!
IDK whats the reason they are asking when having the original one with no language issue if so.
hmmm well I just know about Pakistan that no doc takes more than max 2 weeks thank God so 30 days time periods seems enough for Pakistan.

handsup

Champion Member
Sep 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2015
and congrats you had the copies :)

hila01

Jul 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2013
LANDED..........
August 2014.
rhcohen2014 said:
each country has specific guidelines, so if the guide/checklist for your country says the applicant needs to send 8 photos, then the applicant needs to send 8 photos.
Thank u rhcohen.