Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
lizetterainey said:
hi, i wonder if someone her can tell me what is AOR? what does it look like? after paying the rprf, ill be waiting for an AOR? im confused please help. thanks a lot!
AOR= Acknowledgement of Receipt. Sometimes you get it from Mississauga when they get around to checking your application. Sometimes you get it from your visa office once they receive it and open it. It is not a guaranteed thing to receive, so don't fret and sit around waiting for it! It is usually just an email.

ssingh

Oct 14, 2014
Hi,

I just got a mail asking for additional documents but have no information in the mail on how to send those documents.
Shall I just simply reply back to the mail with attached documents OR shall I fax them OR send them copy via courier?

Please help

Thanks in advance.

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
ssingh said:
Hi,

I just got a mail asking for additional documents but have no information in the mail on how to send those documents.
Shall I just simply reply back to the mail with attached documents OR shall I fax them OR send them copy via courier?

Please help

Thanks in advance.
Unless they asked for originals, you can scan and email them in. If they need originals, then use a courier.

rapunzel1228

Oct 3, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2014
AOR Received.
02-04-2014
Med's Done....
09-01-2014
Passport Req..
29-09-2014
Hi everyone..

I applied for PR in march from India. Then came over to canada in April on student visa.

I got my DM and PPR on Sept 30. . Since i was already in Canada , I sent the passport to Ottawa, Canada on Oct 6th.
Any idea long is it gonna take for them to send back my passport ?

ssingh

Oct 14, 2014
tink23 said:
Unless they asked for originals, you can scan and email them in. If they need originals, then use a courier.
They have not mentioned anything in the mail.. I guess my first attempt will be scanning the documents and replying back to them on the same mail.

Awmf2014

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rapunzel1228 said:
Hi everyone..

I applied for PR in march from India. Then came over to canada in April on student visa.

I got my DM and PPR on Sept 30. . Since i was already in Canada , I sent the passport to Ottawa, Canada on Oct 6th.
Any idea long is it gonna take for them to send back my passport ?
Did they ask you to submit your application to Ottawa. I am on a visitor record, and I am from Kenya. I asked earlier if I had to submit passport request to Kenya, even when I have temporary resident status in the country, and a valid TRV until 2020.

rapunzel1228

Oct 3, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2014
AOR Received.
02-04-2014
Med's Done....
09-01-2014
Passport Req..
29-09-2014
I had the below given clause mentioned in the email i got for PPR.

"Submitting your passport(s) in Canada (CPC-O)
If you and all the accompanying dependents on your application are currently in Canada and plan to be in Canada for at least three months, you may submit your passport(s) to the Case Processing Centre – Ottawa (“CPC-O”). You are required to send your passport(s) together along with a copy of this letter by mail or courier to the following
address."

Awmf2014 said:
Did they ask you to submit your application to Ottawa. I am on a visitor record, and I am from Kenya. I asked earlier if I had to submit passport request to Kenya, even when I have temporary resident status in the country, and a valid TRV until 2020.

sheng2014

Jun 23, 2014
Hi everybody anybody can help me to my question? if I can apply my open work permit while I am appied already my PR application as my husband sponsoring me in the CIC? is that possible to apply at same time I am waiting for my PR application? hope anybody can send me answer me to my question.. thanks

khristinapa

Oct 15, 2014
Hello everyone!

Today officially marks one year of me living with my boyfriend now. I am from California and now residing in Ottawa Ontario.

I'm currently looking at the Document Checklist just to get an idea of everything that we'll need, and I just have a few questions.

Is it necessary to fill out/check the box for dependant children if I don't have any of my own? or family here with me? I see that it says an application will be returned if those boxes aren't marked as completed.

Another question I have is: Will my boyfriend and I still have a fighting chance of being granted common law sponsorship if we don't have year long proof of me living with him? I have been living with him, and have done everything in my power to prove so, but the only thing I really have that shows my name being shared with his house is a few bank statements. Aside from that, we have over 3,000 emails from each other from when we were long distance, boarding passes, proof of when I got my passport so I could come visit him for the first time, pictures of us together, and on our first trip together. He has a teenage son who also lives with us.
Friends and family know all about is. I'm feeling very 50/50 on this whole thing because I feel as though we didn't do enough to prove that we share the same home. We tried to get my name added to the lease but his landlord said that we couldn't because I wasnt a citizen. Is there anything else I should do? Is there anyway to prove that our relationship is genuine with all stated above? He has basically taken care of me this entire time seeing as how I can't work. It's stressful, and I just want to be done with all of this already so we can have a more normal life.

I also wanted to know if any of you think its best for me to apply inland or Outland... We were looking at outland, but because I never go back to visit California, it wouldn't be too much of an issue not to, but the processing time would be. I only ask because I saw on the very first page of this thread, a woman landed PR within a year, and she had applied inland.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated and I wish you all the best on your journey and thank you to those who help with responding.

POLICAP

Star Member
Mar 6, 2012
To All Senior Members,

Please I need your advice regarding the Security Checks for a dependant who was a minor at the time he entered Canada.
The Security Check is now taken more than a year. This is the only reason why CIC said it was delaying the processing of the Inland Spousal PR application. This is not a refugee application. CIC requested for Police Clearance and finger printing over a year ago. This came back cleaned. Through FOSS notes we learnt that Security Check was initiated. This is my worries. He has never committed any crime here in Canada and the country where he was born before coming to Canada. This is very strange to me. My MP was involved as well. All they could tell my MP was that the application is still undergoing security checks. The Principal applicant security checks was completed within 3 months, why should the Security Checks for a dependent takes more than a year?
Is this right or a foul play?

Thanks,

POLOCAP

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
khristinapa said:
Hello everyone!

Today officially marks one year of me living with my boyfriend now. I am from California and now residing in Ottawa Ontario.

I'm currently looking at the Document Checklist just to get an idea of everything that we'll need, and I just have a few questions.

Is it necessary to fill out/check the box for dependant children if I don't have any of my own? or family here with me? I see that it says an application will be returned if those boxes aren't marked as completed.

Another question I have is: Will my boyfriend and I still have a fighting chance of being granted common law sponsorship if we don't have year long proof of me living with him? I have been living with him, and have done everything in my power to prove so, but the only thing I really have that shows my name being shared with his house is a few bank statements. Aside from that, we have over 3,000 emails from each other from when we were long distance, boarding passes, proof of when I got my passport so I could come visit him for the first time, pictures of us together, and on our first trip together. He has a teenage son who also lives with us.
Friends and family know all about is. I'm feeling very 50/50 on this whole thing because I feel as though we didn't do enough to prove that we share the same home. We tried to get my name added to the lease but his landlord said that we couldn't because I wasnt a citizen. Is there anything else I should do? Is there anyway to prove that our relationship is genuine with all stated above? He has basically taken care of me this entire time seeing as how I can't work. It's stressful, and I just want to be done with all of this already so we can have a more normal life.

I also wanted to know if any of you think its best for me to apply inland or Outland... We were looking at outland, but because I never go back to visit California, it wouldn't be too much of an issue not to, but the processing time would be. I only ask because I saw on the very first page of this thread, a woman landed PR within a year, and she had applied inland.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated and I wish you all the best on your journey and thank you to those who help with responding.
An American applying outland (through Ottawa visa office) can expect full PR in around 6-8 months.
Apply Inland and you'll be waiting around 21 months. It should not be a difficult choice which to choose!

Yes it sounds like proving common-law will be difficult for you. Ask the landlord to sign a statutory declaration that he was aware you were living there the whole time, and the reason you weren't allowed on the lease is due to your status here.
Do you have any shared financial accounts like a joint bank account or supplementary credit card? Shared life insurance? These may be things to consider getting now, if not just to add proof to your application (you don't need to include the dates you opened the accounts).
Proof of you buying shared household items?
Note that you will need at least 2 of your friends/family to write statutory declarations about your relationship/common-law status.
And finally now that you are common-law, your partner MUST change his status with CRA from single to common-law for tax purposes. Can do this via CRA's "my account" website, and print that off for further proof.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
sheng2014 said:
Hi everybody anybody can help me to my question? if I can apply my open work permit while I am appied already my PR application as my husband sponsoring me in the CIC? is that possible to apply at same time I am waiting for my PR application? hope anybody can send me answer me to my question.. thanks
If you apply INLAND, then you can submit the OWP app at same time you submit PR app. OWP app would then be processed after sponsor approval (currently 13 months).
If you already submitted inland app with no OWP, then you need to wait until you have sponsor approval before you apply for OWP.

If you apply OUTLAND, there is no OWP involved. So you could work only after getting PR status.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
POLICAP said:
Please I need your advice regarding the Security Checks for a dependant who was a minor at the time he entered Canada.
The Security Check is now taken more than a year. This is the only reason why CIC said it was delaying the processing of the Inland Spousal PR application. This is not a refugee application. CIC requested for Police Clearance and finger printing over a year ago. This came back cleaned. Through FOSS notes we learnt that Security Check was initiated. This is my worries. He has never committed any crime here in Canada and the country where he was born before coming to Canada. This is very strange to me. My MP was involved as well. All they could tell my MP was that the application is still undergoing security checks. The Principal applicant security checks was completed within 3 months, why should the Security Checks for a dependent takes more than a year?
Is this right or a foul play?
Submit an ATIP request to CSIS - they are the ones doing the background checks. While not common, there are cases in which CIC loses the results back from CSIS.

Some countries can take quite a long time for background checks, depending upon the diplomatic relations with Canada, staffing and workload. I know of some countries were it can take years.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
rapunzel1228 said:
I had the below given clause mentioned in the email i got for PPR.

"Submitting your passport(s) in Canada (CPC-O)
If you and all the accompanying dependents on your application are currently in Canada and plan to be in Canada for at least three months, you may submit your passport(s) to the Case Processing Centre – Ottawa (“CPC-O”). You are required to send your passport(s) together along with a copy of this letter by mail or courier to the following
address."
This is a terrific change in processing for those people from countries that restrict movement of passports (e.g., India and Pakistan).

Congratulations!

khristinapa

Oct 15, 2014
Rob_TO said:
An American applying outland (through Ottawa visa office) can expect full PR in around 6-8 months.
Apply Inland and you'll be waiting around 21 months. It should not be a difficult choice which to choose!

Yes it sounds like proving common-law will be difficult for you. Ask the landlord to sign a statutory declaration that he was aware you were living there the whole time, and the reason you weren't allowed on the lease is due to your status here.
Do you have any shared financial accounts like a joint bank account or supplementary credit card? Shared life insurance? These may be things to consider getting now, if not just to add proof to your application (you don't need to include the dates you opened the accounts).
Proof of you buying shared household items?
Note that you will need at least 2 of your friends/family to write statutory declarations about your relationship/common-law status.
And finally now that you are common-law, your partner MUST change his status with CRA from single to common-law for tax purposes. Can do this via CRA's "my account" website, and print that off for further proof.
Thank you so much for responding! we currently don't have any of the stated above options you listed... but we'll certainly go about doing those things!

About the letters, can my boyfriends son also write a letter? he is only 16. Does he have to be an adult to do so? also do the letters have to be notorized?