+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

spousal sponsorship with ARC Mexico

longsump

Sep 1, 2010
hi, I (canadaian) would like to sponsor my Mexican husband, he has an exclusion order for two years due to misrepresentation on the work visa that he applied. He listened to the bad advice of the immigration consultant, and now we're being punished for two years :( Other than that he has a clean record, never overstayed (he left 2 months before his student visa expired) and doesn't have a criminal record.

I know that we can apply for spousal sponsorship and later on apply for authorization to return to Canada when the CIC request it. However, i do know that ARC in the visa office in Mexico City takes up to 15 months, by that time his exclusion order would have been over. We are just trying to be together as soon as possible, and we're wondering if we should apply for spousal sponsorship about 1/2 year before his exclusion order is over... since the process is going to take 1/2 year to 1 1/2 year anyways. Or would the CIC request us to apply for ARC nonetheless if we apply early? If it means trouble and longer wait, then we're willing to wait till the exclusion order is done, and then apply for spousal sponsorship.

I'm just really confused with what is the best way... my husband already got into trouble with his work visa, I don't want it to happen again! I'm so scared that I would do something that makes the wait even longer! I tried calling the CIC call center but they don't really know the answers or they give me a different answer every time!

I

iarblue

Apply for your spousal sponsorship and apply for your arc before they ever ask for it.It may all be done before 15months.