+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship; stuck in background check for 4 months

AP2104

Apr 29, 2024
Hi everyone. First post here and I have a lot of questions. I applied for PR under the Common-law partner in Canada class in July 2023. I have passed most stages biometrics, medical, eligibility (got AIP and sponsor approval) as of Dec 2023. I received a CV and research topic request in Dec since I'm doing a PhD in Canada. After they received the ADR, I got nothing from IRCC. All I could get was from my gcms notes and calling them that I have passed criminality and info sharing. They told me that they are waiting to get my application back from their "third party service providers" and told me to be patient. The security pages on GCMS notes are blank. I have gone past the normal processing time by a month now and stuck in background check since Dec 2023. Not sure what to do. Any suggestions on what can be done? Is anyone else in a similar situation? I will probably graduate this fall. Should I apply for an OWP now to maintain status or will my application come through before then? I have upcoming travel for conferences in May and July and not sure what to do if my portal invite comes when I'm outside Canada. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi everyone. First post here and I have a lot of questions. I applied for PR under the Common-law partner in Canada class in July 2023. I have passed most stages biometrics, medical, eligibility (got AIP and sponsor approval) as of Dec 2023. I received a CV and research topic request in Dec since I'm doing a PhD in Canada. After they received the ADR, I got nothing from IRCC. All I could get was from my gcms notes and calling them that I have passed criminality and info sharing. They told me that they are waiting to get my application back from their "third party service providers" and told me to be patient. The security pages on GCMS notes are blank. I have gone past the normal processing time by a month now and stuck in background check since Dec 2023. Not sure what to do. Any suggestions on what can be done? Is anyone else in a similar situation? I will probably graduate this fall. Should I apply for an OWP now to maintain status or will my application come through before then? I have upcoming travel for conferences in May and July and not sure what to do if my portal invite comes when I'm outside Canada. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!
Apply for OWP now just in case. What nationality?