+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP! PLS, HELP TO GET ME OUT MY SITUATION! :'( THANK YOU!

Sentivo

Nov 18, 2014
keesio said:
Sorry, I can't help you with this question. However I do know there have been a few people who did cancel their inland applications and go outland. I don't know any more details than this so hopefully one of those people will see this thread and respond.
Thank you ^^ I'm still sitting here and waiting! :)
Oh, and 1 more thing. I called CIC before I applied inland app. They advised that I could write a letter to explain my situation that we need income to support our 2 kids and my fiancé needs an OWP ASAP to get a job. They might speed up first stage approval. Is that right? :)

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
Sentivo said:
Thanks keesio :)
Does anyone know how long I will have to wait to reapply outland after withdrawing my previous inland application? Will I get any trouble if I reapply outland? Please, please, help?
[/quote

There is no wait time. You can cancel your application and request a refund on line. No you won't get into trouble.

Kayaker

Aug 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2014
AOR Received.
04-03-2014
Med's Done....
08-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-09-2014
LANDED..........
11-10-2014
Sentivo said:
Thank you ^^ I'm still sitting here and waiting! :)
Oh, and 1 more thing. I called CIC before I applied inland app. They advised that I could write a letter to explain my situation that we need income to support our 2 kids and my fiancé needs an OWP ASAP to get a job. They might speed up first stage approval. Is that right? :)
I've never heard of Inland applications being speeded up for any reason... unfortunately there are people from the first half of 2013 still waiting, it seems. The CIC call center is known for giving conflicting (depends on who you talk to) and unreliable information.

Yes, you can cancel and reapply immediately.

Yes, you can request a refund.

I've also heard that you can use the same receipt and send that for your Outland application. (But please check with someone else who cancelled and reapplied on this forum - that might apply only to the Right of Permanent Residence fee.)

Sentivo

Nov 18, 2014
Oh, and is it right that my fiancé couldn't apply OWP after first stage approval if we reapplied the spousal sponsorship outside Canada? :) (it's just for inland, right?)

Kayaker

Aug 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2014
AOR Received.
04-03-2014
Med's Done....
08-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-09-2014
LANDED..........
11-10-2014
There is no OWP for Outland applicants.

Sentivo

Nov 18, 2014
Kayaker said:
I've never heard of Inland applications being speeded up for any reason... unfortunately there are people from the first half of 2013 still waiting, it seems. The CIC call center is known for giving conflicting (depends on who you talk to) and unreliable information.

Yes, you can cancel and reapply immediately.

Yes, you can request a refund.

I've also heard that you can use the same receipt and send that for your Outland application. (But please check with someone else who cancelled and reapplied on this forum - that might apply only to the Right of Permanent Residence fee.)
Thanks Kayaker :) I'm sorry for asking so many Qs. So, I have to wait for another 2 weeks (or might be longer) for them to send back my inland application? I still have the copy receipt, but I think they only want the original one! :( Do you know any links that they re talking about what I'm concerning? (Changing from inland app to outland one) I appreciate for your help <3

Kayaker

Aug 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2014
AOR Received.
04-03-2014
Med's Done....
08-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-09-2014
LANDED..........
11-10-2014
There seem to be a whole bunch of people on this thread who are talking about reapplying:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/inland-applications-2014-t179207.3810.html

They are people who applied in 2014 like you. I think they'll have lots of good advice and knowledge for you!

Kayaker

Aug 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2014
AOR Received.
04-03-2014
Med's Done....
08-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-09-2014
LANDED..........
11-10-2014
Btw, I've heard that since the FBI now takes up to 12 weeks to issue your record, people are sending their applications without the FBI certificate, and instead include a letter of explanation saying it has been ordered on dd/mm/yyyy and send proof, such as proof of payment, and say they will send it as soon as they get it.

You ARE supposed to send everything together, but I've heard CIC may start to make exceptions for the FBI certificate because it takes so long now.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
Sentivo said:
Thanks Kayaker :) I'm sorry for asking so many Qs. So, I have to wait for another 2 weeks (or might be longer) for them to send back my inland application? I still have the copy receipt, but I think they only want the original one! :(
since the receipts are generally printed by home computers, there is no "original" receipt needed. you can simply send in a copy of the receipt you already have. cic is not going to know if it was the original one printed from the computer or a 2nd copy or 3rd, and i doubt they will care. all that matters is a valid receipt is included in your application.

Kayaker said:
Btw, I've heard that since the FBI now takes up to 12 weeks to issue your record, people are sending their applications without the FBI certificate, and instead include a letter of explanation saying it has been ordered on dd/mm/yyyy and send proof, such as proof of payment, and say they will send it as soon as they get it.

You ARE supposed to send everything together, but I've heard CIC may start to make exceptions for the FBI certificate because it takes so long now.
yes, this is correct. CIC is "looking the other way" when police or medical records are not included in the original application. Applications have not been sent back because of these missing items, and cic will request it upon sponsor approval, so because the FBI is taking longer to return records, this is the ideal option. The FBI will mail the record to canada.

Sentivo said:
Oh, and is it right that my fiancé couldn't apply OWP after first stage approval if we reapplied the spousal sponsorship outside Canada? :) (it's just for inland, right?)
a us outland applicant is generally approved in 6 months, so there is no need for an OWP. as soon as the applicant lands and signs up for a SIN#, they are eligible to work. not being able to appy for an OWP is not a reason to apply inland over outland. it makes no sense why someone would wait 14 months to be able to work as an inland applicant when they can be a landed immigrant and have the legal right to work in half that time by applying outland.

Sentivo

Nov 18, 2014
rhcohen2014 said:
since the receipts are generally printed by home computers, there is no "original" receipt needed. you can simply send in a copy of the receipt you already have. cic is not going to know if it was the original one printed from the computer or a 2nd copy or 3rd, and i doubt they will care. all that matters is a valid receipt is included in your application.

yes, this is correct. CIC is "looking the other way" when police or medical records are not included in the original application. Applications have not been sent back because of these missing items, and cic will request it upon sponsor approval, so because the FBI is taking longer to return records, this is the ideal option. The FBI will mail the record to canada.

a us outland applicant is generally approved in 6 months, so there is no need for an OWP. as soon as the applicant lands and signs up for a SIN#, they are eligible to work. not being able to appy for an OWP is not a reason to apply inland over outland. it makes no sense why someone would wait 14 months to be able to work as an inland applicant when they can be a landed immigrant and have the legal right to work in half that time by applying outland.
Thanks rhcohen2014, my receipt wasn't printed by home computers. It's an original receipt that CIC sent to me. I paid the fee thru my bank. They kept the original. I only have the copy 2 :)

And I just checked again about the processing time for outland application. I made a mistake. It's taking about 16 months (not 16 weeks) for stage 2 to be processed (at CPC Ottawa), so it might take totally 18 months for outland app(not included the waiting time for the Police Certificate from FBI).
I think we are not going to withdraw inland app, cause we might wait only 10-12 months more to have first stage approval then my fiancé could apply for an OWP. We don't wanna wait another 18 months if we reapply outland. That's what I'm thinking. Thanks all for your advices! :)

P.S: Oh and 1 more thing about reapplying outland app after withdrawing inland app. I would have to wait at least for 1 month to get a letter from CIC saying that my inland app had been canceled and would be eligible to start a new application. Thanks!

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
Sentivo said:
And I just checked again about the processing time for outland application. I made a mistake. It's taking about 16 months (not 16 weeks) for stage 2 to be processed (at CPC Ottawa), so it might take totally 18 months for outland app(not included the waiting time for the Police Certificate from FBI).
I think we are not going to withdraw inland app, cause we might wait only 10-12 months more to have first stage approval then my fiancé could apply for an OWP. We don't wanna wait another 18 months if we reapply outland. That's what I'm thinking. Thanks all for your advices! :)
AGAIN... it does NOT take 16 months for straightforward US citizen applications to be processed in ottawa. AGAIN... the posted processing times on the CIC website are misleading and do not reflect what US citizen applicants are facing today. AGAIN... US straightfoward applicants are getting approved in about 6 months time. if you don't believe me and everyone else who has said this numerous times, click on the link to the Ottawa spreadsheet in my signature below to see that virutally ALL 2014 US applicants up to June/July are ALREADY approved and landed. IT DOES NOT TAKE 16 MONTHS FOR A STRAIGHTFORWARD US CITIZEN TO BE APPROVED AS AN OUTLAND APPLICANT IN OTTAWA.

obviously you made your choice. good luck with inland. unfortunately, for some applicants it makes sense to stay on that track and hope to have PR before 2016.

Kayaker

Aug 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2014
AOR Received.
04-03-2014
Med's Done....
08-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-09-2014
LANDED..........
11-10-2014
Did you even read what the definition of "processing time" is on the CIC website?

Anyway, it's probably better for you not to worry about this any more. There is a way to make your wait shorter, but it seems like you are very patient and prepared to take the longer route, so just wait it out.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
Sentivo said:
Please see again what I wrote here earlier:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/spousal-sponsorship-pls-help-to-get-me-out-my-situation-thank-you-t252017.0.html;msg3733815#msg3733815

The two key items I posted were:

And what the timelines for Ottawa does not show is the fast track speed for US citizens. Ottawa handles applications for nationals from various countries, not just US citizens/residents, and that impacts the average posted time.

And:

Straightforward US Citizens (no "red-flags") get fast tracked and their application is (currently) done in 3-6 months.

Sentivo

Nov 18, 2014
Hi guys,
I've reviewed all the thing and I have considered about it and I made the final decision. I talked to my fiancé about it and we will try to reapply outland. Thanks so much again :)

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
Sentivo said:
Hi guys,
I've reviewed all the thing and I have considered about it and I made the final decision. I talked to my fiancé about it and we will try to reapply outland. Thanks so much again :)
Good choice 8)