+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship - PAKISTAN

capricorn786

Nov 17, 2014
I live in Montreal, QC.
I went to Pakistan and got married in January, and came back to Canada in May.
I'm expecting and will be due on December 9.
I'm only starting the application process to sponsor my husband now.

I had some concerns:

- Should I wait until baby is born to send the application package in? Aside from all the forms that I found online for sponsorship of the family class, do I need any other forms regarding the baby? Will CIC be asking me for any information or proof about baby's father? I've heard from some that my husband will have to complete a medical exam to prove that he is actually the father? Is this true? Or is all the information they need in the spousal application forms?

- How will my marriage be recognized in Canada since it took place in Pakistan? Do I first need to change my marital status to 'married' somewhere? Do I need to inform anyone, i.e. government?

- My husband's NIC card is currently in Urdu. Does he need to have another made in English, and send me a certified copy of that?

Any help would be very much appreciated! :)

BTW just out of curiosity, what is the total processing/wait time for spousal immigration for Pakistan, from when the application is first submitted to when the spouse becomes a permanent resident, assuming the application package is complete and there are no problems in the interview either? Is it 28 months?

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
1. No you can go ahead and start sponsorship when ready. If the baby is born in Canada (or if you are a Canadian citizen), the baby will be Canadian so all you need to do is update CIC when the baby is born. It should not impact the sponsorship application of your husband. And CIC should not need any more proof that he is the father.

2. If the marriage is legal in Pakistan, Canada will recognize it as long as it does not violate any Canadian laws (for example if your husband was already married and you are the second wife then Canada will not recognize your marriage since polygamy is illegal in Canada) and you have all the paperwork (marriage certificate, etc)

3. CIC will want certified translations to English/French for all documents not in English/French. He doesn't need to get a another NIC card per se but he needs to get a certified translation of it and send in the original certified translation along with a copy of the original document.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
capricorn786 said:
BTW just out of curiosity, what is the total processing/wait time for spousal immigration for Pakistan, from when the application is first submitted to when the spouse becomes a permanent resident, assuming the application package is complete and there are no problems in the interview either? Is it 28 months?
Timelines depend on a lot of factors. Islamabad does have a long timeline unfortunately. But the post times on CICs page is the average time. If you submit a strong application with good relationship proof, it is reasonable to think that it will be processed quicker. Seems like it is the interview that really really adds to the wait time (for all VOs) and being able to avoid an interview is really important for fast processing. How to avoid the interview? Provide a rock solid case of your relationship with the case officer has no doubt that you have a legitimate marriage based on the desire to be married to each other.

Good luck!

handsup

Champion Member
Sep 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2015
you will have to wait not for more than a year if your VO is London Visa Office.
Your husband does not need to prove for being father of your baby.
Following copies will need to be certified and translated:

- Nikah Nama (Urdu Original to be certified by Foreign ministry; Translated into Eng needs to be notarized)
- I did not get my CNIC translated, get it's copy be notarize
- Union Council Marriage certificate
- Nadra Marriage Certificate
- Education Certificates, Bay Form, Birth Certificate of spouse attested by Foreign Ministry
- Passport copy of spouse to be notarize

mrashid123

Nov 8, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-03-2012
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
27-06-2012
File Transfer...
~ July 2013 (after receiving my Originals)
Med's Request
20-11-2013
Med's Done....
28-11-2013
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
21-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2014!!! (Soo relieved!! Alhamd!!)
LANDED..........
14-03-2014!! (Happiest day of my life!! :):)
capricorn786 said:
I live in Montreal, QC.
I went to Pakistan and got married in January, and came back to Canada in May.
I'm expecting and will be due on December 9.
I'm only starting the application process to sponsor my husband now.

I had some concerns:

- Should I wait until baby is born to send the application package in? Aside from all the forms that I found online for sponsorship of the family class, do I need any other forms regarding the baby? Will CIC be asking me for any information or proof about baby's father? I've heard from some that my husband will have to complete a medical exam to prove that he is actually the father? Is this true? Or is all the information they need in the spousal application forms?

- How will my marriage be recognized in Canada since it took place in Pakistan? Do I first need to change my marital status to 'married' somewhere? Do I need to inform anyone, i.e. government?

- My husband's NIC card is currently in Urdu. Does he need to have another made in English, and send me a certified copy of that?

Any help would be very much appreciated! :)

1. Post this question on Islamabad thread.... there are a lot of ppl in ur situation n they can guide further on this question.... but I think that since ur child will b born in Canada u don't need to fill out any additional forms... its a different story if the baby is born in Pakistan to a Canadian parent.... so I don`t think u should wait till the baby is born... when ur putting ur application together mention that ur baby is due... make sure u have all ur husband`s original documents as u will need to submit those with the application... Wutever u heard bout the medical exam is wrong.... ur husband will NOT have to prove he is ur child's father.... the medical exam is straight forward... u may need to submit ur child's birth certificate.... the CIC website also has a guide for how to fill out all the forms so make u follow that n there won't b many issues....

2. U don`t really need to "register" ur marriage in Canada.... but u do need to submit ur original nikah nama with ur application... make sure u have it in both Urdu and English... if u just have the Urdu one get it translated in English

3. U don't need to get ur husband's CNIC translated from Urdu.... in my case for my wife we never did this n it didn't come up as an issue

4. If u look on CIC's website u can find all the processing times for visa offices around the world.... but that info can b misleading since its only an indication of how the visa office has done in the past... basically that is the time it took the visa office to process 80% of the cases within the given period.... these days all Pakistani applications are being processed in London n if u look in the Islamabad thread u'll see a lot of ppl r getting their visas within 10-11 months..... the speediest cases have been done in 7-8 months.

Hope this helps.... but I would recommend u check out the Islamabad threads.... all the best!

capricorn786

Nov 17, 2014
Thank you everyone!

And now one more thing:

What do they mean when they say they want...

"Official documentation confirming your relationship to your sponsor and both of your relationships
to the other family members on your application. This may include family lists and
household registries." ?

How do I get this documentation?

handsup

Champion Member
Sep 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2015
capricorn786 said:
Thank you everyone!

And now one more thing:

What do they mean when they say they want...

"Official documentation confirming your relationship to your sponsor and both of your relationships
to the other family members on your application. This may include family lists and
household registries." ?

How do I get this documentation?
this could be
nikahnam of you both
birth certificates
cnic copies of parents and siblings of both parties

this is what I got from above info