+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

Matheeno

Aug 25, 2016
Re: SPOUSAL Sponsorship PAKISTAN @ London Visa Office

No changes to November...waiting on the queue.
Come on cic...those DMs got us all giddy.

Landing_PR

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2015
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
App. Filed.......
Dec 10, 15
Doc's Request.
Sept 28, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 4, 2016
File Transfer...
Feb 19, 2016
Med's Done....
Dec 3, 2015/Re-Med: April 25, 2017
Interview........
15-05-2017

flx2015 said:
it really does seem that way because the CIC never bothered to introduce spousal TRVs when the processing times started to jump.

also, does anyone know what's the best way to get from toronto to lahore direct? i usually go via europe or the UAE, but this time i want to get to pak as quickly as possible. is PIA really as bad everyone says? and they're so cheap too, i could go business class for the same amount i'd spend on economy for other airlines. :eek:
PIA is as bad as they say. There was no inflight entertainment for the 14 hour flight round trip. The flight attendants haven't been paid since feb 2016 so they refuse to provide service. There were no pillows on our way back to Toronto from Lahore. All in all a bad flight and worst experience. They cancelled my return flight and ask to reissue it but I had to run to their office in Lahore to confirm the tickets. When I got there, I was told that it was a mistake made by the ticket agent and I had to pay $500 to reissue the ticket. Since I was limited with my vacation days, I paid the reissue fee :'(

The only positive is arriving in 13 hours since the flight now flies over Kabul. can't really say if it's a major positive though.

Ps: look for October dates. It's the cheapest month to travel with pia

Red.Rose

Jan 6, 2015

Landing_PR said:
PIA is as bad as they say. There was no inflight entertainment for the 14 hour flight round trip. The flight attendants haven't been paid since feb 2016 so they refuse to provide service. There were no pillows on our way back to Toronto from Lahore. All in all a bad flight and worst experience. They cancelled my return flight and ask to reissue it but I had to run to their office in Lahore to confirm the tickets. When I got there, I was told that it was a mistake made by the ticket agent and I had to pay $500 to reissue the ticket. Since I was limited with my vacation days, I paid the reissue fee :'(

The only positive is arriving in 13 hours since the flight now flies over Kabul. can't really say if it's a major positive though.

This is one perspective on PIA. My close friend recently traveled from Pakistan to Canada to finish her degree and then returned this week. She chose PIA both ways (direct) and had only good things to say about it. Especially the landing, you can't beat the skill of Pakistani pilots!

flx2015

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Dec-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Sept-2016
Med's Request
16-Sept-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Oct-2016

Landing_PR said:

what they did with the return ticket was pretty silly. can't believe they did that. as for the in flight experience, i think i'd be ok with all that. pretty much all i want is for them to not crash and kill me before i get the chance to get even with my MP's immigration consultant and her 25 month timeline.

ps my wife is so happy that i'm coming, even if it's only for 4-5 days.

mjbibi7

Star Member
Feb 13, 2016

Hi everyone, I had a question. Today on my CIC account the "IN PROCESS" changed to "DECISION MADE" under Sponsorship Application Status.

I want to know what does that exactly mean, since I received a letter from CIC on March 18, 2016 that I have met requirements for eligibility to sponsor and the file had been sent to London office.

Sponsorship Application Status (DECISION MADE)
We received your application to sponsor ------- on January 29, 2016.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 9, 2016.
We started processing your application on March 8, 2016.

Permanent Residence Application Status (IN PROCESS)
We received -------- application for permanent residence on January 29, 2016.
We started processing --------- application on March 24, 2016.
Medical results have been received.

Does this all end when both will be decision made? Because I when I saw that one of them had been changed, other then the usual anxiety attack, I felt emotions I never knew we humans are capable of feeling, just by looking at two words.

Please, let me know what this means. Thanks!!!

2calgary

Jan 21, 2013
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

mjbibi7 said:
Hi everyone, I had a question. Today on my CIC account the "IN PROCESS" changed to "DECISION MADE" under Sponsorship Application Status.

I want to know what does that exactly mean, since I received a letter from CIC on March 18, 2016 that I have met requirements for eligibility to sponsor and the file had been sent to London office.

Sponsorship Application Status (DECISION MADE)
We received your application to sponsor ------- on January 29, 2016.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 9, 2016.
We started processing your application on March 8, 2016.

Permanent Residence Application Status (IN PROCESS)
We received -------- application for permanent residence on January 29, 2016.
We started processing --------- application on March 24, 2016.
Medical results have been received.

Does this all end when both will be decision made? Because I when I saw that one of them had been changed, other then the usual anxiety attack, I felt emotions I never knew we humans are capable of feeling, just by looking at two words.

Please, let me know what this means. Thanks!!!
It means be relax they are still working on PA files

ONLY SPONSOR SIDE is finalized, which was a long time ago, they are just updating system NOW

naveedali

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2015
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2016
AOR Received.
Sep 2016
File Transfer...
Oct 2016

Landing_PR said:

Heard they are improving their service now. Bought return ticket for my wife and son in 105k pkr from oct to dec.

barkatain

May 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2015
Doc's Request.
26-07-2016
Med's Request
07-02-2017
Med's Done....
15-02-2017
Interview........
14-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting

What the hell is wrong with LVO, SO SILENT, why are the testing our patience

Landing_PR

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2015
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
App. Filed.......
Dec 10, 15
Doc's Request.
Sept 28, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 4, 2016
File Transfer...
Feb 19, 2016
Med's Done....
Dec 3, 2015/Re-Med: April 25, 2017
Interview........
15-05-2017

barkatain said:
What the hell is wrong with LVO, SO SILENT, why are the testing our patience
I don't understand the hold? What are they up to? And why for November/December group? Surely, they can ask December for doc requests now.

angelr

Star Member
Mar 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-2016
AOR Received.
NO AOR
File Transfer...
14-03-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront 07-12-2015
Passport Req..
October 24 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 7 2016
LANDED..........
January 2017

flx2015 said:
what they did with the return ticket was pretty silly. can't believe they did that. as for the in flight experience, i think i'd be ok with all that. pretty much all i want is for them to not crash and kill me before i get the chance to get even with my MP's immigration consultant and her 25 month timeline.

ps my wife is so happy that i'm coming, even if it's only for 4-5 days.
Hey Flx if you are looking for cheap flights, few weeks ago i came across a fare for CAD 1300 for Dec / Jan with Saudi Airlines, its not direct flight to PK but a cheap fare.

flx2015

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Dec-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Sept-2016
Med's Request
16-Sept-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Oct-2016

Landing_PR said:
I don't understand the hold? What are they up to? And why for November/December group? Surely, they can ask December for doc requests now.
it is definitely weird.

i had a look at the timelines for the december 2014 applicants, and the vast majority of them had their files opened in the last 2 weeks of august or the first week of september. we've passed that and they still haven't gotten around to finalizing november, much less open december. it boggles my mind.

angelr said:
Hey Flx if you are looking for cheap flights, few weeks ago i came across a fare for CAD 1300 for Dec / Jan with Saudi Airlines, its not direct flight to PK but a cheap fare.
thx but i'm only looking for direct this time.

rightback

Star Member
Mar 3, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
Jun-2011
Doc's Request.
July-2015
AOR Received.
Oct-2015
File Transfer...
Mar-2016
Med's Request
May-2016 - Re-Med Mar-2017
Med's Done....
May-2016 Re-Med Apr 2017
Passport Req..
28-April 2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-May-2017
LANDED..........
18-June-2017

flx2015 said:
i'm doing a bit of research into spousal visas for the UK, and they have an income requirement of about 30,000 CAD. that means I'd have to get a job first before bringing my wife, but brexit will make job hunting a little difficult. as far as processing times go, it's 8 weeks for the standard service, and 1 day for premium. the premium service costs around 2000 CAD... almost as much as my wife spends on shopping every two months.

it's shocking to see the difference in processing times between here and there.
better change a wife ;D

ra03ra

Champion Member
May 12, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2016
AOR Received.
16-07-2016
File Transfer...
SA - Aug 23, 2016
Med's Done....
08/06/2016
Passport Req..
03/01/2017
VISA ISSUED...
13/01/2017

I find Turkish is the cheapest and the best. I flew with them this year. Airport is good, service is good and entertainment is ok too, though I didn't like the cheap headset they gave. I would fly again with Turkish so long as there situation improves by then. :)

naveedali

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2015
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2016
AOR Received.
Sep 2016
File Transfer...
Oct 2016

ra03ra said:
I find Turkish is the cheapest and the best. I flew with them this year. Airport is good, service is good and entertainment is ok too, though I didn't like the cheap headset they gave. I would fly again with Turkish so long as there situation improves by then. :)
Yup turkey is cheaper and better then others. I was getting ticket of turkish for 1100cad but had the same issue like flx needed to book direct flight.

khan1001

May 16, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
06 May, 2016
Doc's Request.
19 November, 2016
AOR Received.
26 May, 2016
File Transfer...
SA - 30 June, 2016
Med's Request
10 Feb, 2017
Med's Done....
Upfront - 28 March, 2016. Remedical - 22 Feb, 2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-04-2017

ra03ra said:
Agree. Turkish is the cheapest I found. I got a return ticket from Montreal to Islamabad $800 in February this year.
I am going with Turkish again this December for $1400 in Christmas where the rest of the Airlines is about 1800 - 2000 dollars.

Last month I was checking PIA for September - October and it was about $1150 from Toronto - Islamabad return flight.