+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship, need advice on working in canada remotely

danapefq

Aug 15, 2018
Hi everyone, I really appreciate the help I have gotten here and I am hoping for some more advice. Here is our situation:

I live in NY and my fiance lives is Toronto, we are getting married in a small civil ceremony in May, then having a big celebration with family and friends in august, and shortly thereafter we'll be applying for my fiance to sponsor me as a PR, with outland being the current planned route. We've known each other about a year and a half and been dating 7 months at this point, so by the time we apply we should have copious documentation of our relationship over 2 years and our wedding. My fiance is on ODSP, and also has income from a small(no employees) consulting business ne owns. I have an ~50k/yr job in the states, which currently allows me to work remotely.

I am trying to determine how we can both move in together as quickly as possible and support ourselves with as much stability as possible.

Because my job allows me to work remotely and my company does no business in canada, I am able to work remotely from toronto, which I have been doing while visiting periodically, but once I move permanently I have not worked out with my management whether I will be able to stay on long term. Given my fiance is on ODSP we want to show clear proof we can support ourselves. Should I include the fact that I can work remotely on the application and then move and continue working while it processes, or should I simply provide my employment information when we apply and then leave my job and move in with my fiance while it is processing, then get a job once it is approved?

I would be very appreciative of any advice here