App. Filed.......
28-04-2017
AOR Received.
30-05-2017
Med's Request
01-02-2018
Med's Done....
03-02-2018
Thanks, do you know if it's just the applicant that must attend to Mississauga, or the applicant and sponsor? That way I can plan financially for the trip. Thanks!
it'll have to be you and the sponsor. it's not gonna be in Mississauga. ircc has offices all over the country. you'll be landing at an office geographically close to you.

icelandicpie

Jun 22, 2017
Anything from July applicants. I'm July 14th and haven't had any request for medical. When i call immigration it says background processing.

How long does that take and whats the next step?
July 31st here and same as you, they haven't requested a medical yet. I sent my police certificate + Schedule A in September.

I saw someone who applied in April and got a request for medical in November (7 months), so we should get a request soon if the timeline is similar.
This is what my profile shows:

Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you. Help - Application status
Review of eligibility Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility. Help - Review of eligibility
Review of medical results If you need a medical exam, a message with instructions will be sent to you. Help - Review of medical results
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents. Help - Review of additional documents
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Interview
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Biometrics
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. Help - Background check
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

icelandicpie

Jun 22, 2017
Does anyone know how long it takes to officially become a PR after medicals have been received? (I thought they were aiming to process a complete application under a year)

marvz21

Jan 20, 2015
Does anyone know how long it takes to officially become a PR after medicals have been received? (I thought they were aiming to process a complete application under a year)
still takes months. the really good sign that you’re near the end of the process is when the sponsor gets sponsorship approval. they say they will process 80% of applications in 12 months. so still there are 20% that will go beyond 12months.

icelandicpie

Jun 22, 2017
still takes months. the really good sign that you’re near the end of the process is when the sponsor gets sponsorship approval. they say they will process 80% of applications in 12 months. so still there are 20% that will go beyond 12months.
How will we know when the sponsor gets sponsorship approval?
I haven't heard anything in months...

psoni

May 13, 2017
ANY DECEMBER APPLICANT RECEIVE OWP APPROVAL? I SENT BOTH APPLICATION TOGETHER BUT IN ACCOUNT ITS SHOWING 14 DECEMBER FOR PR APPLICATION AND 7 DECEMBER FOR OWP APPLICATION.IS THIS NORMAL?

Sarahrabelo

Feb 5, 2018
Any Nov applicants who got their OWP already?
I am still waiting. My OWP app was received on nov 10 2017. I hope I get it soon because I must leave canada because I am fighting for my daughter’s custody. Anybody knows what I can do to get my OWP faster?

marvz21

Jan 20, 2015
I am still waiting. My OWP app was received on nov 10 2017. I hope I get it soon because I must leave canada because I am fighting for my daughter’s custody. Anybody knows what I can do to get my OWP faster?
sorry but there is no faster way. first week of november were already approved so yours might be coming soon. were you in status when you submitted your OWP application?

Noslord2003

Star Member
May 17, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
17-02-2017
AOR Received.
12-03-2017
Med's Done....
June
Interview........
25-01-2018
LANDED..........
25-01-2018
i got request for police certificate and medical exam, but i did upfront medical exam. So i submitted my policy certificate and medical exam with my application on Dec 1st, 2016.
Ok just wait then. It's a waiting game now. But also call ircc to verify that you haven't been sent any correspondence just to be on a safe side.

Reactions: vampirepeach

CdnwifeUSwife

Star Member
Feb 5, 2018
Peterborough
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
App. Filed.......
21-12-2017
Doc's Request.
08-02-2018
AOR Received.
07-02-2018
Med's Request
15-06-2018
Med's Done....
29-06-2018
LANDED..........
25-10-2018
I’ve called IRCC to see about speeding up the OWP and there’s no way for them to do so. Typically 3.5 to 4 months you’d get it from the day they received your app. I resubmitted my wife’s recently so now we’ll have to wait another 3-4 months. Ugh..