+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2017 timeline and updates

himakshi

Aug 10, 2015
Hi everyone,

I submitted my application through Canada Post and the tracking result shows that it was received but I didn't receive any text message confirming that. I see many people here received the text message. Is there anyone who didn't receive the text message? Just wondering if I should contact them somehow to doublecheck if they've received it? Thanks!
Hi.. I am in the same boat. on tracking i found that it was delivered the very next day. But didnt get any text / email . so now its the waiting game.

himakshi

Aug 10, 2015
1. Ussualy by email (i assumed all people have email account)
2. To link your application, you need to have an account on http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/account.asp
If you applied online- it will automatically linked (i assumed you applied tru your account on the link given) or once you get AOR- it will give you application number- you can link it after. When do u need? Its depend on you, if you dont want to link it, every information will be email to you but .. for myself, its mandatory bcs it gave me : detailed application status in real-time and messages about my application online instead of by mail that i may missed it.

Thanks Nadaa. I applied on paper. ( as per my understanding , i had to do on paper as we both are already in canada , n later link it to the CIC).

HomeAgain17

Star Member
Nov 1, 2017
Hamilton, ON
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
05-09-2017
Doc's Request.
06-11-17
AOR Received.
31-10-17
Interview........
14-09-2018
LANDED..........
14-09-2018
Was there anyone who received their Application back incomplete?
We recieved my husband's OWP back as incomplete due to missing the $155 fee :( Sending it back today to Vegreville and starting the wait time all over again...

Trinh

Sep 12, 2017
I sent a wrong police file to CIC, then I had to resend it through this website:
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

I did it once and I received a confirmation email: "We are pleased to confirm the reception of your document. We have forwarded it to the responsible office for their consideration." -> So it was good.

But I had to resend another file last week, I just received their email with this kind of confused content:
"We can confirm the reception of the documents.

If further information is needed, a request may be sent by the responsible office.

However, there is no information stating that you are a representative on this file. If you wish to obtain further information, the applicant must provide written consent to IRCC by completing the Use of a Representative form and submitting it via the IRCC Web form available on our website. You may also contact the appropriate governing body to verify that you are a member in good standing.

If you already provided a Use of a Representative form, please resend the form and make sure to fill out all sections of the form correctly.

For more information on using a lawyer or other representative, or on how to become a representative, please visit our website."

What??? We do not use lawyer service at all! We just resent the file. Oh my...
Or they meant that I was not a person who applied?

I read somewhere on this topic that someone has CIC agency's staff's phone number. Does any one have their phone number? Please let me know! I want to call them to confirm that I don't use any lawyer, and I am the person who applied. :(

I'm thinking that I will use this link again to ask them...
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx?_ga=2.73850769.2030923985.1509385070-1186146095.1493909998

Such a nightmare!

Last edited:

shazahsan

May 17, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Hi.. I am in the same boat. on tracking i found that it was delivered the very next day. But didnt get any text / email . so now its the waiting game.
You only get the text message if you signed up/subscribed to the text pilot whereby you print a barcode for texting only and place it at the very top of the app, but as of September end they got rid of the pilot so now no one will get it. You'll get an AOR email when it's time (whatever the AOR period is right now, 6-8 weeks after app received).

Thirdy21

Star Member
Apr 3, 2014
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 29 and June 24
File Transfer...
April 29, 2014
Med's Request
April 30, 2014
Med's Done....
May 8, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 10, 2014
LANDED..........
Very Soon
For those who are in colleges in Ontario and you are a spouse or common law of a citizen or pr, you are exempted from international fees. This is according to the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities. Operating Procedure on Tuition And Ancillary Fees Reporting.

Mutato_KT

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
QC
Category........
FAM
Hi, Everyone,

With the OWP, we finally got the SIN.

After which, we proceeded to RAMQ for Medicare. We were asked to submit:
  • the original of an approval-in-principle letter issued by the Canadian immigration authorities, confirming that they are granting you the right to apply for permanent residence on Canadian territory.
  • the original of the permit issued by the Canadian immigration authorities allowing you to be in Canada.
Has anyone encountered this? Are these documents you (anyone) has?

Thanks.

Ylajali

Star Member
Jun 8, 2017
App. Filed.......
2017-04-11
AOR Received.
2017-05-04
Med's Request
2017-11-15
Hi, Everyone,

With the OWP, we finally got the SIN.

After which, we proceeded to RAMQ for Medicare. We were asked to submit:
  • the original of an approval-in-principle letter issued by the Canadian immigration authorities, confirming that they are granting you the right to apply for permanent residence on Canadian territory.
  • the original of the permit issued by the Canadian immigration authorities allowing you to be in Canada.
Has anyone encountered this? Are these documents you (anyone) has?

Thanks.
the approval-in-principle letter you will get only at the end of the process, so you won't be able to get health care with that document for now. There is another way to get coverage, which is to present your owp with your AOR to proove that you submitted a PR application, and a letter from an an employer confirming you will be working full time for more than 6 months (they need beginning and end date of the contract or the mention that you have a permanent position)

stke4130

Star Member
Mar 29, 2017
Reactions: Noslord2003