IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
File transferred to CIC Edmonton on 30th October still no news yet. Anyone in this situation?
What does ECAS say?

Wangab

Star Member
Oct 28, 2017
What does ECAS say?
It says medical which I did on May 5, 2017 was successful.
They are doing background check
They are checking to see if I meet eligibility requirements.
Then I got this letter on 30-10 that file transferred to local office.
But my sponsor has been approved

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
It says medical which I did on May 5, 2017 was successful.
They are doing background check
They are checking to see if I meet eligibility requirements.
Then I got this letter on 30-10 that file transferred to local office.
But my sponsor has been approved
Sounds like myCIC, not ECAS. But that does explain what's going on. It's been referred to an inland office for review or interview. Given that you are at the eligibility stage, it's probably a relationship interview (if one is requested). Those can vary wildly, as they are scheduled by the local office, when they have time to schedule. In the mean time, I would suggest ordering your GCMS notes, so you can at least familiarize yourself with their concerns..

Wangab

Star Member
Oct 28, 2017
Sounds like myCIC, not ECAS. But that does explain what's going on. It's been referred to an inland office for review or interview. Given that you are at the eligibility stage, it's probably a relationship interview (if one is requested). Those can vary wildly, as they are scheduled by the local office, when they have time to schedule. In the mean time, I would suggest ordering your GCMS notes, so you can at least familiarize yourself with their concerns..
I have ordered those notes last month it’s still in. I contacted Edmonton cic they say processing time is 12 months

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
I have ordered those notes last month it’s still in. I contacted Edmonton cic they say processing time is 12 months
That just further confirms my suspicion. The notes will share why it was transferred. Here is from the IP-8 processing manual (google: cic ip8 to read for yourself), Pg 35:
"
5.36 Review by local CIC

The local CIC office may need to interview the applicant and/or the sponsor to assess concerns raised by the CPC, including:

- the need to confirm identity and relationship;
- the authenticity of the relationship;
- possible misrepresentation, including misrepresentation in obtaining temporary resident status (Note: Persons who have used a fraudulent or improperly obtained passport, travel document or visa to gain entry to Canada will be excluded from being granted permanent residence under the spousal public policy if the document was not surrendered or seized upon arrival and the applicant subsequently used these fraudulent or improperly obtained documents to acquire temporary or permanent resident status. See Appendix A for further details on the spousal public policy);  violation of the legislation or conditions of temporary residence;
- inadmissibility for reasons of serious criminality or security; and,
- a request was submitted by the applicant for H&C consideration and a positive H&C decision could not be made at the CPC (See Section 15 for guidelines on processing cases when the applicant has requested H&C consideration).

The local CIC office should instruct the applicant to bring any necessary documents to the interview. When asking questions, the officer should focus on identified areas of concern that will assist in reaching a decision.

If a relationship of convenience is suspected, the officer should interview the applicant and the sponsor separately.
"

Dec 20, 2017
Happy New Year one and all. I have a question regarding my COPR document. The Travel document number listed within the Personal Details section on my COPR is associated to my old UK passport (which I renewed in July 2016). The old passport was the document used for my last entry into Canada (June 2016) and for my initial PR application. I presented both the expired and the new passports during my landing interview.

As my new and updated UK passport has a different document number to that listed on my COPR - will it be an issue? My application is complete and currently just waiting on my PR card to arrive in the mail. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Happy New Year one and all. I have a question regarding my COPR document. The Travel document number listed within the Personal Details section on my COPR is associated to my old UK passport (which I renewed in July 2016). The old passport was the document used for my last entry into Canada (June 2016) and for my initial PR application. As my new and updated UK passport has a different document number to that listed on my COPR - will it be an issue? My application is complete and currently just waiting on my PR card to arrive in the mail. Any info would be greatly appreciated!
You've landed. It won't be an issue for the card to be issued. But you can just update them via IRCC web form, for completeness (though I highly doubt it's required).

Dec 20, 2017
Actually wondering whether it is even an error at all. I seem to recall the agent telling me that some information was auto-populated onto the COPR (from the original application/database). I presume the travel document number listed here is taken from the original application - and wasn't updated as it needs to match the travel document used at last entry date into Canada. I don't believe PR cards have a passport number printed on them either.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Actually wondering whether it is even an error at all. I seem to recall the agent telling me that some information was auto-populated onto the COPR (from the original application/database). I presume the travel document number listed here is taken from the original application - and wasn't updated as it needs to match the travel document used at last entry date into Canada. I don't believe PR cards have a passport number printed on them either.
They sure don't. It's only your UCI. That's why I am confident it won't matter. You'd just be alerting them to a new passport (which they would likely correct the next time you cross into Canada anyway, I bet). You're literally a number (UCI) to them now -- just like the rest of us :).

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Goodmorning folks; anyboy have an idea what month they are currently processing; seems Dms slowed down
At CPC-M they don't work during Christmas. I believe they are mid October for 2016's.

Reactions: Yas-incanada-spouse
Dec 20, 2017
They sure don't. It's only your UCI. That's why I am confident it won't matter. You'd just be alerting them to a new passport (which they would likely correct the next time you cross into Canada anyway, I bet). You're literally a number (UCI) to them now -- just like the rest of us :).
Haha, sure am. Thanks for your input - much appreciated. Having a nightmare trying to link the PR card application to my CIC account (assuming I can do this, to track the status of the card).

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Haha, sure am. Thanks for your input - much appreciated. Having a nightmare trying to link the PR card application to my CIC account (assuming I can do this, to track the status of the card).
61 days is what their check processing times page last said. My wife's arrived around that time.