+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

Arctic_cat

Aug 15, 2017
Hey congrats! When did you see the DM on ECAS for both sides, if i may ask? I am gonna be 5 weeks from the DM on Thursday and still waiting for landing letter. I am an August applicant from Montreal.
Enjoy the landing.

Salute!
Hi they received my application sept 9 2016
Aor oct 17 2016
Owp feb 1 2017
Csq Received feb 6 2017
My background check in progress since january 16 2017
Just august 14 2017 upto now i checked my cic updated "we are reviewing your eligibility" and "background check still in progress"
August 15 2017 email received for landing date August 30 2017 and checked ecas decision made both sides.
No SA and Aip letter received.

cenker

Star Member
Aug 1, 2016
Montreal
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
11-08-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
June 2016

Salute!
Hi they received my application sept 9 2016
Aor oct 17 2016
Owp feb 1 2017
Csq Received feb 6 2017
My background check in progress since january 16 2017
Just august 14 2017 upto now i checked my cic updated "we are reviewing your eligibility" and "background check still in progress"
August 15 2017 email received for landing date August 30 2017 and checked ecas decision made both sides.
No SA and Aip letter received.

NICE :) My wife actually has received the SA a few days after the DM on ECAS. Still waiting for landing... any time soon :)

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Oui once we get the copr upon pr granted
But if you ever receive your AIP letter before your CoPR, then register with your AIP, because that would start your "up to 3 months" clock earlier. The RAMQ will start on the first of the 3rd month after you register.
For example, we registered my wife with her AIP on March 20th, she started to be covered from June 1st.
But you have an OWP, are you working full-time? If yes, you can possibly already register (but I'm less familiar regarding the rules with an OWP).

Reactions: Arctic_cat

cenker

Star Member
Aug 1, 2016
Montreal
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
11-08-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
June 2016
But if you ever receive your AIP letter before your CoPR, then register with your AIP, because that would start your "up to 3 months" clock earlier. The RAMQ will start on the first of the 3rd month after you register.
For example, we registered my wife with her AIP on March 20th, she started to be covered from June 1st.
But you have an OWP, are you working full-time? If yes, you can possibly already register (but I'm less familiar regarding the rules with an OWP).
In QC, they don`t issue a health card for OWP holders. That was disappointing to find out when I moved from Ontario. All those years I had a health card since I had a full time job in Ottawa, ON. Different rules in QC. C`est la vie.

Reactions: sylvain1

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
I know with the Ontario (OHIP) rules, they require the OWP + a letter from the employer supporting the application. That letter has to state when you started working for the company, what you do there, and that they expect to employ you for at least the next 6 months.

Mon français n'est pas très bon, so I cannot glean the requirements from websites. But I suspect that it might be *something* similar...

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
In QC, they don`t issue a health card for OWP holders. That was disappointing to find out when I moved from Ontario. All those years I had a health card since I had a full time job in Ottawa, ON. Different rules in QC. C`est la vie.
Really???

Arctic_cat

Aug 15, 2017
Really???
Im working part time..my husband called ramq,if i got a full time job with minimum 140hrs per month or got an aip letter i can apply for a health card. Since i dont receive aip letter and im only working less than 140 hrs and just started this summer because ill be coming back to school full time on september for my french class and will work on weekends we cannot comply the requirements so i guess the scheduled landing interview this aug30 once pr granted will be a great chance to apply for my healthcard right after if we get the copr etc.

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
It's unclear from the website, but I would definitely try again.
Check here: http://www.ramq.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrants-foreign-workers-students/health-insurance/Pages/eligibility.aspx
It says that temporary and seasonal workers are eligible. By definition, a work permit holder is a temporary worker.

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Im working part time..my husband called ramq,if i got a full time job with minimum 140hrs per month or got an aip letter i can apply for a health card. Since i dont receive aip letter and im only working less than 140 hrs and just started this summer because ill be coming back to school full time on september for my french class and will work on weekends we cannot comply the requirements so i guess the scheduled landing interview this aug30 once pr granted will be a great chance to apply for my healthcard right after if we get the copr etc.
Yes, try to do it on the same day. Because of the strange way of counting the "up to 3 months" rule in Quebec, if you register in August, you'll probably get covered from November 1st, but if you wait until September 1st or 2nd to register, then your coverage will start only on December 1st.

Arctic_cat

Aug 15, 2017
Thanks for the advice!
Yes, try to do it on the same day. Because of the strange way of counting the "up to 3 months" rule in Quebec, if you register in August, you'll probably get covered from November 1st, but if you wait until September 1st or 2nd to register, then your coverage will start only on December 1st.
Oui thanks for the advice!!!

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Thanks for this info, I wasn't sure about that. So with a full-time job (35 hours a week or more) you can register like in Ontario. Probably as @profiler mentioned for Ontario, one needs a letter from the employer to register.

cenker

Star Member
Aug 1, 2016
Montreal
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
11-08-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
June 2016
Really???
When I moved to Montreal I changed my DL and of course right away tried to get the health card. They said NO! You must have a work permit that you obtained by being sponsored by a Quebec company. I wasn`t sponsored by anyone. I just had my open work permit. That`s another thing I am looking forward to after becoming PR. My health is good but you never know..

Reactions: profiler