+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

sikko

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Awesome, congrats sipfarms. :) :)

Just looked at the spreadsheet,Are they only processing western countries first in 2016?Hard to belive it's a mere Coincidence. :-\

prezdork

Star Member
Oct 19, 2016
profiler said:
His english doesn't matter... my wife has uni level english... IMM 5406 requires one in English or French and one in native. It's in the instructions at the top. They need both.
??

This is what it says on the top of the form:

"Complete ALL names in English and in your native language."

I just assume we write the names in English and then their names in Japanese on the same sheet.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
prezdork said:
??

This is what it says on the top of the form:

"Complete ALL names in English and in your native language."

I just assume we write the names in English and then their names in Japanese on the same sheet.
And is the key word here.

Just trying to save some pain...

You can, but if they have trouble reading they will send back.

We did two separate with "English" and "Cyrillic" at the tops... no return and a PCC aside, they've processed all but silently...

LDRLDM

Oct 8, 2016
Good evening!

Can I ask a very complicated question?

My father is married to someone in the US (they are now going through divorce, but still legally married in the US), and the woman had a child prior to their marriage (also married to someone in our home country, divorced in the US).

My father and my mother are not divorced or annulled in my home country, but they divorced in the US (both agreed to it, signed physically themselves while in the US).

My father has since lived in the US and my mother went back to her home country after the divorce.

Now I am confused as to what I should put on the Additional Family Information sheet. I do not know whether I should write my parents as married (since they are in our home country, though my father is married both in the US and back home) and whether I have to include my step sibling whose whereabouts and whatnots are beyond my knowledge.

I am in a complicated family situation, thus putting it into writing drives me nuts.

I do not plan on committing misrepresentation that is why I am seeking an advice as to how to declare everything, but if I deliberately ommit certain facts, would they really know? (Just out of curiousity)

Thanks,

LD

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
LDRLDM said:
Good evening!

Can I ask a very complicated question?

My father is married to someone in the US (they are now going through divorce, but still legally married in the US), and the woman had a child prior to their marriage (also married to someone in our home country, divorced in the US).

My father and my mother are not divorced or annulled in my home country, but they divorced in the US (both agreed to it, signed physically themselves while in the US).

My father has since lived in the US and my mother went back to her home country after the divorce.

Now I am confused as to what I should put on the Additional Family Information sheet. I do not know whether I should write my parents as married (since they are in our home country, though my father is married both in the US and back home) and whether I have to include my step sibling whose whereabouts and whatnots are beyond my knowledge.

I am in a complicated family situation, thus putting it into writing drives me nuts.

I do not plan on committing misrepresentation that is why I am seeking an advice as to how to declare everything, but if I deliberately ommit certain facts, would they really know? (Just out of curiousity)

Thanks,

LD
Are you sponsoring?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
LDRLDM said:
No. I think I am the Principal Applicant then, right? I apologize for forgetting to mention it.
You are being sponsored? Just need to make sure I understand which side of the plate you are on...

OK, here is what I would do (I encourage others to chime in with their $0.05 to keep me honest). I would put your biological mother and biological father on the form. I would attach a separate piece of paper introducing the situation, and any other players on the field and how they relate, and when.

This way you've been totally upfront, and absolutely no misrepresentation can be inferred. That said, they won't care about relationship status of your parents, they use them more for background checks (I believe?).

LDRLDM

Oct 8, 2016
profiler said:
You are being sponsored? Just need to make sure I understand which side of the plate you are on...

OK, here is what I would do (I encourage others to chime in with their $0.05 to keep me honest). I would put your biological mother and biological father on the form. I would attach a separate piece of paper introducing the situation, and any other players on the field and how they relate, and when.

This way you've been totally upfront, and absolutely no misrepresentation can be inferred. That said, they won't care about relationship status of your parents, they use them more for background checks (I believe?).
Do they check on the parents listed? Would it show that my father has married another person?

The thing is, my father doesn't want to cooperate into giving me details about his wife and step son, their whereabouts and whatnots because he does not know anymore too. They are on the last stages of divorce I think and would even have court hearing for that.

Thus my father is highly discouraging me to put their names on the form, saying "they would not know."

Even if I want to, I cannot and do not know their addressess.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
LDRLDM said:
Do they check on the parents listed? Would it show that my father has married another person?

The thing is, my father doesn't want to cooperate into giving me details about his wife and step son, their whereabouts and whatnots because he does not know anymore too. They are on the last stages of divorce I think and would even have court hearing for that.

Thus my father is highly discouraging me to put their names on the form, saying "they would not know."

Even if I want to, I cannot and do not know their addresses.
Ok, so you can state on your additional sheet that you are not sure about any other family members as your father and mother have not discussed them?

Then you are pretty honest :)

LDRLDM

Oct 8, 2016
profiler said:
Ok, so you can state on your additional sheet that you are not sure about any other family members as your father and mother have not discussed them?

Then you are pretty honest :)
Yes, I am being sponsored. (Answering your question from previous post)

So...

1. Do I write them as married, next to their names is their civil status.
2. And if I decided not to write said step mother and sibling. What are my chances of being caught omitting certain facts?

Thank you, dear sir.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
LDRLDM said:
Yes, I am being sponsored. (Answering your question from previous post)

So...

1. Do I write them as married, next to their names is their civil status.
2. And if I decided not to write said step mother and sibling. What are my chances of being caught omitting certain facts?

Thank you, dear sir.
1 You should state their civil relationship as you know it. If that's divorced, then Divorced.
2. Include a separate sheet stating what you know. They may look at it for a bit, but if you have told them what you know, then it's up to your father to commit misrepresentation, and not you. Tell the truth and don't be afraid to say "I don't know". Just explain why you don't know. I am sure you are not the first...

LDRLDM

Oct 8, 2016
profiler said:
1 You should state their civil relationship as you know it. If that's divorced, then Divorced.
2. Include a separate sheet stating what you know. They may look at it for a bit, but if you have told them what you know, then it's up to your father to commit misrepresentation, and not you. Tell the truth and don't be afraid to say "I don't know". Just explain why you don't know. I am sure you are not the first...

Thank you, Profiler!

Please if any one can share their two cents as well, it would be highly appreciated.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
LDRLDM said:

Thank you, Profiler!

Please if any one can share their two cents as well, it would be highly appreciated.
np... and nickels... we lost our pennies :(

LDRLDM

Oct 8, 2016
^

Oh. I cannot rate yet? And modify? What? That ain't good. :eek:

Will do +1 Profiler, as soon as I can. Thanks for the help.