07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Dear Sir/Madam:
I am pleased to advise you that the processing of your application for permanent residence will be finalized at an interview
that has been scheduled for:
DATE: 06/06/2017 TIME: Anytime between 10:00-11:00AM
In order to grant you permanent residence, you must provide us with satisfactory original identity documents. All
applicants must provide their original valid passport at the landing interview.

What kind of questions should I expect? Anyone knows from experience. Thank you
Congratulations! I'll let you know on Friday what were the questions asked in our interview.

Speechless

Star Member
May 18, 2017
Hi Profiler/Carolbd/Sylvana,

when I login in my cic account I see three options (under request document)

subject date sent date read

can anyone tell me what is date read stand for?

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017

The date you opened the document.

cariie up

Star Member
Sep 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18,2016
AOR Received.
June 10,2016
Med's Request
upfront
Hello everyone, I received an email from CIC today. Here's what it says:

" In order to continue processing your immigration application, or the application of your relative in Canada, you and the following persons are required to attend an interview.
Please see attached document for the list of requested items you must bring to the interview.
In addition, please bring the following to the interview:
 If you were sponsored as a spouse, please ensure that you bring with you your original marriage certificate that was submitted at time of your application for permanent residence.
 If you were sponsored as a common-law partner, please ensure that you bring with you at least one of the following original documents that was submitted at time of your application for permanent residence: joint residential lease agreements, mortgage, title of property, governmental-issued documents indicating the same address for your sponsor and you (e.g. Canadian Revenue Agency documents,
provincial medical form) or any other original documents supporting your relationship.
UNLESS OTHERWISE INDICATED, ALL DOCUMENTS MUST BE ORIGINAL AND ACCOMPANIED BY AN OFFICIAL TRANSLATION IF NECESSARY.
If you require an interpreter, please bring one with you. Should you and your spouse both require an interpreter, please note:
a) If the interpreter is not certified, two interpreters will be required
b) If the interpreter is certified, only one interpreter is required.
Please note that counsels and family members are not eligible to represent clients as interpreters.
Important notice concerning applications based on humanitarian considerations
Please note that since the implementation of the new Immigration and Refugee Protection Act on June 28th, 2002, marriage or common-law relationship to a Canadian citizen or permanent resident is no longer a sufficient reason in and of itself to grant a ministerial exemption. It is therefore important that you demonstrate at your interview the excessive difficulty which would be caused if you were required to submit your application abroad is required by the Act. Consequently, you may bring with you any proof or document which you deem necessary in support of your application.
If you are unable to attend the interview on the date and time indicated, you must inform us well in advance, giving a substantive reason why you are unable to attend. If you do not inform us in advance and do not attend, we will have to assume that you are no longer interested in going to Canada and your application will be refused.
Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.

Is This a relationship interview? If so, any idea guys what questions will be asked? what's gonna be like? Does this email show any positivity? or maybe they are kind of in doubt of our relationship???
Please guys I need some input here. Thanks a lot and I appreciate your responses

Last edited:

Sam8119

Aug 26, 2016
No I refused to do post doc(s), I had nice offers, but I declined them. I like my life here and I didn't want to end up mid 30s with no job stability, no retirement plan,... I still do research though but as a "professional".
Okay, I guess so you are employed in industry then..!!

Sam8119

Aug 26, 2016
Dear Sir/Madam:
I am pleased to advise you that the processing of your application for permanent residence will be finalized at an interview
that has been scheduled for:
DATE: 06/06/2017 TIME: Anytime between 10:00-11:00AM
In order to grant you permanent residence, you must provide us with satisfactory original identity documents. All
applicants must provide their original valid passport at the landing interview.

What kind of questions should I expect? Anyone knows from experience. Thank you
Congrats Maina,
That was quick :)

Reactions: Maina4576

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017

It mean you open and read it

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017

" In order to continue processing your immigration application, or the application of your relative in Canada, you and the following persons are required to attend an interview.
Please see attached document for the list of requested items you must bring to the interview.
 If you were sponsored as a spouse, please ensure that you bring with you your original marriage certificate that was submitted at time of your application for permanent residence.
 If you were sponsored as a common-law partner, please ensure that you bring with you at least one of the following original documents that was submitted at time of your application for permanent residence: joint residential lease agreements, mortgage, title of property, governmental-issued documents indicating the same address for your sponsor and you (e.g. Canadian Revenue Agency documents,
provincial medical form) or any other original documents supporting your relationship.
UNLESS OTHERWISE INDICATED, ALL DOCUMENTS MUST BE ORIGINAL AND ACCOMPANIED BY AN OFFICIAL TRANSLATION IF NECESSARY.
If you require an interpreter, please bring one with you. Should you and your spouse both require an interpreter, please note:
Please note that counsels and family members are not eligible to represent clients as interpreters.
Please note that since the implementation of the new Immigration and Refugee Protection Act on June 28th, 2002, marriage or common-law relationship to a Canadian citizen or permanent resident is no longer a sufficient reason in and of itself to grant a ministerial exemption. It is therefore important that you demonstrate at your interview the excessive difficulty which would be caused if you were required to submit your application abroad is required by the Act. Consequently, you may bring with you any proof or document which you deem necessary in support of your application.
If you are unable to attend the interview on the date and time indicated, you must inform us well in advance, giving a substantive reason why you are unable to attend. If you do not inform us in advance and do not attend, we will have to assume that you are no longer interested in going to Canada and your application will be refused.

Is This a relationship interview? If so, any idea guys what questions will be asked? what's gonna be like? Does this email show any positivity? or maybe they are kind of in doubt of our relationship???
Please guys I need some input here. Thanks a lot and I appreciate your responses
Looks like it is there is an interview thread but just you and partner practice and make sure your answer match and they feel it was not strong enough

Last edited:

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017

Yes, sorry to read that, but that sounds like a relationship interview. I don't understand the part about the excessive difficulty if you were required to submit your application abroad.
Regarding questions, I read previously that they can ask very personal questions. How often do you have sex, who is sleeping on which side of the bed, what is the color of the curtains in the bedroom,....

Best of luck with the interview. Just be confident in yourself and answer truthfully. I think genuine couple should not worry, that will not be a pleasant time, but in the end they will know you're a genuine couple.

Reactions: carolbb23

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017

Is that the extent of the letter? It's very interesting that they really only care about a marriage certificate or proof of cohabitation. Do you have a dependant listed on the application?

Did you happen to make an application under H&C?

cariie up

Star Member
Sep 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18,2016
AOR Received.
June 10,2016
Med's Request
upfront
Yes, sorry to read that, but that sounds like a relationship interview. I don't understand the part about the excessive difficulty if you were required to submit your application abroad.
Regarding questions, I read previously that they can ask very personal questions. How often do you have sex, who is sleeping on which side of the bed, what is the color of the curtains in the bedroom,....

Best of luck with the interview. Just be confident in yourself and answer truthfully. I think genuine couple should not worry, that will not be a pleasant time, but in the end they will know you're a genuine couple.
Thank you so much for your reply. I really appreciate it. It will be difficult then, (sigh). I am quite worried already. Our relationship is genuine. We have been together for 5 years already, hope we wont fail in the interview...thank you so much

cariie up

Star Member
Sep 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18,2016
AOR Received.
June 10,2016
Med's Request
upfront
Is that the extent of the letter? It's very interesting that they really only care about a marriage certificate or proof of cohabitation. Do you have a dependant listed on the application?

Did you happen to make an application under H&C?
That's the full content of the email, I just deleted my personal info. Yes, I do have dependents included in the application. I noticed, mine is quite different from others...this makes me nervous. You think I am going to be denied???

cariie up

Star Member
Sep 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18,2016
AOR Received.
June 10,2016
Med's Request
upfront
Looks like it is there is an interview thread but just you and partner practice and make sure your answer match and they feel it was not strong enough
thanks a lot. This makes me nervous...