+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

Sam8119

Aug 26, 2016
I see, still looks like a great number, if they can provide remote work opportunity, would be the best

That's a per yr number. Fire that into xe.com and it comes up in the realm of 155. Cost of living, maintaining our home here and there, my son lives here so frequent travel, etc. It feels like a lateral move. Plus no satellites or Intel agencies...

I'll flirt for now. If it costs more than a trip to Seattle, I'll probably refuse it.

Sam8119

Aug 26, 2016
I am June, 01 and still no progress except medical passed, and I did that voluntarily last Nov. So, not sure when ll get SA, AIP or directly DM, hopefully soon. I too am in Calgary, for CEC class my fiend got appointment within a week of getting passport req. Polarvolcano of this forum got landing interview in Calgary within a week of DM.

Good news! My account updated today to say that i've passed my medical exam that I did ahead of time and sent in with my application 11 months ago. I'm seeing that it's about a month from passing med checks to landing interviews, anyone else land or going to be landing soon in Calgary? Hoping it's faster than a month but i'm still pretty happy to see some movement!

Reactions: Americanwife94

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
I made more teaching than 110/hr CDN. But I would prefer to die the most painful, of painful deaths than teach ever, ever again. I was shot an opportunity from Bermuda to work for $150USD/hr....but they didn't like the idea of me being married (????). To put into scale, It may be a little more than now, but when you factor in the rest of the costs, it almost feels lateral.

I am waiting to hear back regarding that question... but that would constitute a daily commute into the heart of Toronto every day... that's terrible :(.
This is reminding me an episode of the Simpson... I will always remember what Marge was saying:

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
This is reminding me an episode of the Simpson... I will always remember what Marge was saying:
Lmao... Ahh the Simpsons. Every North Americans reality for two decades...

Teaching, I was a "subject matter expert". One of my old profs was my supervisor. Was epic on paper. 4k a month after income tax, for 15hrs a week work.

Add that to the "day job" and hey, we are doing ok! But then the crazy ex wanted me to pay for full time day care, despite being home, and leave work at ridiculous times (early!!)

Anyway, I'll keep you updated on the flirtations... If they're just not that into me, I'll send them Sam's body-pic... #swimmer. You know, I have a Bronze Cross Sam? True story. Past life parent-profilers made me into a dolphin...then beer and computers made me fat...

Last edited:

browning911

Champion Member
Mar 30, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPCMISS
App. Filed.......
30-03-2016
Doc's Request.
Redo IMM5406 and IMM5669 (Jan 2017)
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
Med's Request
00-00-0000
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
Thank you browning!... remember we have the same timeline!.. hahhaha so i am just monitor your updates on your application coz i know i will be the next in Line... :) so do you have your Landing interview?
We got SA and AIP but no DM yet.

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017

Teaching, I was a "subject matter expert". One of my old profs was my supervisor. Was epic on paper. 4k a month after income tax, for 15hrs a week work.

Add that to the "day job" and hey, we are doing ok! But then the crazy ex wanted me to pay for full time day care, despite being home, and leave work at ridiculous times (early!!)

Anyway, I'll keep you updated on the flirtations... If they're just not that into me, I'll send them Sam's body-pic... #swimmer. You know, I have a Bronze Cross Sam? True story. Past life parent-profilers made me into a dolphin...then beer and computers made me fat...
Yes, like most people of our age, I watched this show for a long time, but I was watching mainly the Quebec French translated version.
But that particular segment, I saw it in the original version. That made me laugh. Although I never had the pony tail, that's true that my PhD will never make me rich and that it was a terrible choice of life. ;) And my wife is a PhD student!!! But honestly, I'm happy with my life, I'll probably never earn 100k a year, however I earn a decent salary and I like my life here in Quebec city.

Reactions: carolbb23

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
We got SA and AIP but no DM yet.
It has to come soon! I'll tell them on Friday: hey, please send Browning her DM! She's been waiting for long enough now!

Reactions: profiler

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017

My husband makes good money pay crazy taxes each year I say to him welcome to Canada pr boy

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
It has to come soon! I'll tell them on Friday: hey, please send Browning her DM! She's been waiting for long enough now!
Three more winks my friend when it's over its a sweet victory and it's finish

Reactions: sylvain1

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Yes, like most people of our age, I watched this show for a long time, but I was watching mainly the Quebec French translated version.
But that particular segment, I saw it in the original version. That made me laugh. Although I never had the pony tail, that's true that my PhD will never make me rich and that it was a terrible choice of life. ;) And my wife is a PhD student!!! But honestly, I'm happy with my life, I'll probably never earn 100k a year, however I earn a decent salary and I like my life here in Quebec city.
Did you ever see the Tracey Ulman show? I used to sneak up late nights when my dad would be asleep on the couch, and my mom off at school to watch it. That's where the Simpsons got their start.. in very short segments.. I distinctly remember the very first skit.... boy did I catch hell for that one :).

Truth be told: I don't have a Doctorate. Hell, I don't even have a Bachelors ;). I have met many a PhD in my chosen field. And I hold my own with them. I get the old, "Piled High and Deep" explanation of what a PhD is... Wife wanted me to stay at Laurier to finish schooling (for free).... but.... satellites!

I am reasonably happy as well. My only goal now, is retiring comfortably. Paying down/off a mortgage within a year or two, would go a loooong way to that goal.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
If it's not here by friday, I will be hacking (the html, and screen-shotting) to make the internet give up the goods...

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
My husband makes good money pay crazy taxes each year I say to him welcome to Canada pr boy
Actually, it's not terrible TBH. If you evaluate against other G7's, look at their social programs funded by tax vs. their taxation, and factor in the population. Simple fact is, we are actually on par. Sure american's "pay" less, but they get far less, and they actually are being conned out of WAY more. That's an example. France pays more in income tax -- but has doctors come to your home, and has a bunch other social programs we don't.

Totally on par. *shrug* $0.05.

Reactions: carolbb23

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Three more winks my friend when it's over its a sweet victory and it's finish
@sylvain1... the calendar got away from me! I forgot you have a sweet weekend coming!

Now, tell your wife to pack extra underpants... lmao! My wife lost her mind going to the immigration office. Refused to even talk to me. I guess she was thinking they were about to deport her. But, then again, she didn't listen to me. I told her, it's done. Process over. You win.

#NeversBelievesMe.

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
Actually, it's not terrible TBH. If you evaluate against other G7's, look at their social programs funded by tax vs. their taxation, and factor in the population. Simple fact is, we are actually on par. Sure american's "pay" less, but they get far less, and they actually are being conned out of WAY more. That's an example. France pays more in income tax -- but has doctors come to your home, and has a bunch other social programs we don't.

Totally on par. *shrug* $0.05.
It is true

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
@sylvain1... the calendar got away from me! I forgot you have a sweet weekend coming!

Now, tell your wife to pack extra underpants... lmao! My wife lost her mind going to the immigration office. Refused to even talk to me. I guess she was thinking they were about to deport her. But, then again, she didn't listen to me. I told her, it's done. Process over. You win.

#NeversBelievesMe.

Same with mr

Reactions: sylvain1