16-MAR-2017
Med's Done....
07-APR-2017
Interview........
17-MAY-2017
LANDED..........
22-JUN-2017
What's the differences in the letter?

I suspect this is a validation of either your (or your partner's) identity, or a QA on the security channel.
The only difference is that AIP#2 has the following which wasn’t on AIP#1:

IMPORTANT: your application for permanent residence could be refused if:
 You and your family members do not meet all statutory requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.
 You receive a letter asking for a reply and fail to respond within the requested timeframe.
 You fail to advise Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) of any changes to your address. Changes to your contact information should be made through our online service at ..
 You are not self-supporting. Persons in receipt of social assistance or welfare benefits, either directly or indirectly, are defined in the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act as inadmissible persons.
 You do not have a valid sponsorship. For example, if your sponsor withdraws his or her support prior to you being determined to be a Permanent Resident.

If preliminary information indicates that you meet all statutory requirements, you will receive a letter asking you to attend an interview at the Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada Centre in your area. A final determination on your application for permanent residence will be made at this interview. If you do not attend this interview, it could be interpreted as a lack of interest in permanent residence and your application could be refused.
and this letter is signed off by the Officer XXX, Etobicoke IRCC. The first AIP was just Case Processing Centre Mississauga.

GuyanaGirl

Jul 4, 2016
Visa Office......
Kitchener
App. Filed.......
July, 20th 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Letting a sistah know:
Bring:
- Photos
- His PP
- Your DL
- Receipt
- Tissues/Tequila/Fully charged cell phone for pics

Totally it. You need nothing more. The rest, they ignored. They take passport, come back with a CORP + Passport. They toss the pic(s) on it (the PR Card copy), and hold onto the second. He validates infos. He affirms he is "Not a crook" (See: Richie_Trump). Sign, Done. Move on..

Best of luck Girl!
Tissues? Nahhhh don't need that....maybe to wipe up the tequila and salt spills o_O

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
The only difference is that AIP#2 has the following which wasn’t on AIP#1:

IMPORTANT: your application for permanent residence could be refused if:
 You and your family members do not meet all statutory requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.
 You receive a letter asking for a reply and fail to respond within the requested timeframe.
 You fail to advise Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) of any changes to your address. Changes to your contact information should be made through our online service at ..
 You are not self-supporting. Persons in receipt of social assistance or welfare benefits, either directly or indirectly, are defined in the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act as inadmissible persons.
 You do not have a valid sponsorship. For example, if your sponsor withdraws his or her support prior to you being determined to be a Permanent Resident.

If preliminary information indicates that you meet all statutory requirements, you will receive a letter asking you to attend an interview at the Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada Centre in your area. A final determination on your application for permanent residence will be made at this interview. If you do not attend this interview, it could be interpreted as a lack of interest in permanent residence and your application could be refused.
and this letter is signed off by the Officer XXX, Etobicoke IRCC. The first AIP was just Case Processing Centre Mississauga.
Yeah, I think that's the officer's answer to the interview. Looks like they used a pre-canned response. I am waiting for your landing interview now.

matthars

Star Member
Feb 24, 2016
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
2-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
20-APR-2016
Med's Request
16-MAR-2017
Med's Done....
07-APR-2017
Interview........
17-MAY-2017
LANDED..........
22-JUN-2017
Yeah, I think that's the officer's answer to the interview. Looks like they used a pre-canned response. I am waiting for your landing interview now.
ECAS now shows Decision Made.

Reactions: sylvain1

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Tissues? Nahhhh don't need that....maybe to wipe up the tequila and salt spills o_O
We brought everything CIC ever sent us... they didn't care. So, we had to carry it with us all morning. They use the passport to locate the COPR to print. So, it's clearly going to be issued, if they can find it, right? The pics, one is affixed to their copy of the COPR for your (his) file, and the other shipped to CIC-Sydney (NS) to have a card generated.

They don't like sloppy drunks (that spill booze or salt), so try not to start pre-drinking until at least 9:30...

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017

GuyanaGirl

Jul 4, 2016
Visa Office......
Kitchener
App. Filed.......
July, 20th 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
We brought everything CIC ever sent us... they didn't care. So, we had to carry it with us all morning. They use the passport to locate the COPR to print. So, it's clearly going to be issued, if they can find it, right? The pics, one is affixed to their copy of the COPR for your (his) file, and the other shipped to CIC-Sydney (NS) to have a card generated.

They don't like sloppy drunks (that spill booze or salt), so try not to start pre-drinking until at least 9:30...
Voodoo a sloppy drunk? NEVER! ...OK ...there was that one time 9 years ago...but i mean...21 year olds are excused right??

I just realized that when i post on here, i tend to make it sound like i am the applicant and that "I" am landing....everything gets lost in translation, nothing separated into parts...just the hope for one ending

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Voodoo a sloppy drunk? NEVER! ...OK ...there was that one time 9 years ago...but i mean...21 year olds are excused right??

I just realized that when i post on here, i tend to make it sound like i am the applicant and that "I" am landing....everything gets lost in translation, nothing separated into parts...just the hope for one ending
Why did I have to read this like 4 times? Then I laughed my ass off. Must be Thursday before May two-fer...

Just a suggestion, don't do sushi for a celebratory meal... we totally got screwed on that deal.

Wife had a dental stent installed some years ago in Moscow. Which I had no idea about. So, we are out for sushi on May 6 and she covers her mouth and says she thinks she "cracked her tooth"... The stent broke into 3 pieces, inside her jaw..

Yep, that's $6,000 implant surgery right there -- and as good as my benefit plan is, it doesn't cover that. The x-ray from our dentist here was sent to her old dentist (as she is headed there soon -- maybe they can do something to prolong it?). The old dentist said that the Canadian doctor(s) are right, and let them do the work...

Last edited:

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
It's Thirsty Thursday that's why! :confused:
Well, anyway, it's a long weekend, thank god... I did add a recommendation to my previous post...

GuyanaGirl

Jul 4, 2016
Visa Office......
Kitchener
App. Filed.......
July, 20th 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Why did I have to read this like 4 times? Then I laughed my ass off. Must be Thursday before May two-fer...

Just a suggestion, don't do sushi for a celebratory meal... we totally got screwed on that deal.

Wife had a dental stent installed some years ago in Moscow. Which I had no idea about. So, we are out for sushi on May 6 and she covers her mouth and says she thinks she "cracked her tooth"...

Yep, that's $6,000 implant surgery right there -- and as good as my benefit plan is, it doesn't cover that. The x-ray from our dentist here was sent to her old dentist (as she is headed there soon -- maybe they can do something to prolong it?). The old dentist said that the Canadian doctor(s) are right, and let them do the work...
...OMG..and i was craving some Ye's afterwards :|
Good lord, well...remember allllllll the money you saved from not taking a lawyer for your application? ...well....there is it going away from your bank account anyhow

I lost a filling the other day.... bit down on a Jolly Rancher ( Quickest way to get 3 minutes of silence from anyone..ask them to bite down hard on a Jolly Rancher) ...and out popped my filling...

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
...OMG..and i was craving some Ye's afterwards :|
Good lord, well...remember allllllll the money you saved from not taking a lawyer for your application? ...well....there is it going away from your bank account anyhow

I lost a filling the other day.... bit down on a Jolly Rancher ( Quickest way to get 3 minutes of silence from anyone..ask them to bite down hard on a Jolly Rancher) ...and out popped my filling...
It was at Ye's too. This will require a little more extensive repair, then replacing a filling -- and it's a front tooth. Needs to be replaced with a screw into her skull....

#HappyLandings!

GuyanaGirl

Jul 4, 2016
Visa Office......
Kitchener
App. Filed.......
July, 20th 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
It was at Ye's too. This will require a little more extensive repair, then replacing a filling -- and it's a front tooth. Needs to be replaced with a screw into her skull....

#HappyLandings!
What in the world did she bite into?

Yeah the filling was no issue at all for me...
They weren't kidding that you learn something new everyday....on you landing day you figured out that wifey has some expensive dental work

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
What in the world did she bite into?

Yeah the filling was no issue at all for me...
They weren't kidding that you learn something new everyday....on you landing day you figured out that wifey has some expensive dental work
Was the next day. She totally went nuts ordering from the menu... So there is no telling. Perhaps a dragon roll? Tempura? It was soft, whatever it was.

In talking to an engineer friend who's family is from the FSU, they've also noted major problems with medicine / medical / dental materials / service quality. So, given how the stent failed (I can see it from the x-ray), and having several years of mechanics under my belt before my engineering life -- that's bad metallurgy -- the materials the stent was made from snapped into 4 pieces. When it's less than an inch long, in a low(er) pressure area, that type of failure should never happen. Bent, sure. Shattered? Never.