Jul 4, 2016
Visa Office......
Kitchener
App. Filed.......
July, 20th 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
profiler said:
The Governor General visited Google when they were still in the Tannery one day. I was working at the time in that building for a larger, reasonably well known Learning Management System company in the cloud computing sphere...

Scary sh!t... Building had CSIS agents EVERYWHERE....

The "park" i work in is named after David. I was told Harper visited us years back too....

Heard PM is at a startup in Kitchener

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
GuyanaGirl said:
Heard PM is at a startup in Kitchener
Yeah, they funneled millions into KWCG's "incubator" sphere. They are trying to make Canada's silicon valley explode.

Funny, cause I had a recruiter try to sell Toronto/GTA to me as "The New Waterloo Region"

I just cackled at them. What a ridiculous statement. How many dev offices does Google have in GTA again? How about Intel? Sorry, I had trouble there counting to ZERO...

GuyanaGirl

Jul 4, 2016
Visa Office......
Kitchener
App. Filed.......
July, 20th 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
profiler said:
Yeah, they funneled millions into KWCG's "incubator" sphere. They are trying to make Canada's silicon valley explode.

Funny, cause I had a recruiter try to sell Toronto/GTA to me as "The New Waterloo Region"

I just cackled at them. What a ridiculous statement. How many dev offices does Google have in GTA again? How about Intel? Sorry, I had trouble there counting to ZERO...

LOL, thats a heap of crap if i have ever heard it before !
Personally know a talented developer who had a hell of a time finding worthwhile opportunities in Toronto ...so he packed his family up and came to Waterloo....had since been employed and offered roles by the likes of Intel/McAfee...AirBus etc

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
GuyanaGirl said:
LOL, thats a heap of crap if i have ever heard it before !
Personally know a talented developer who had a hell of a time finding worthwhile opportunities in Toronto ...so he packed his family up and came to Waterloo....had since been employed and offered roles by the likes of Intel/McAfee...AirBus etc
2, actually :). But this one has spent a little more time in the networking/security/streaming and cloud spheres. I did try my hand at electronic medical records/Canada Infoway, but that wasn't really for me. I do still get offers via LinkedIn and via email/telephone to do consulting on the side for those...

And yeah, My friends and I generally don't entertain offers from recruiters. My latest scheme for making them go away is advising them what my current salary is. And telling them that if I have to leave the city where I live, add 15k/yr for every 20 km I have to travel per day. And 3 wks vacation on top of that.

My bud (who lives in Kitch) has a scheme that he tells them 145 or he doesn't want to waste their time talking...

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
GuyanaGirl said:
Uh huh...on the Next Episode of DM's " BROWNING TAKES THE LEAD"

feels like a horse race

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017

GuyanaGirl

Jul 4, 2016
Visa Office......
Kitchener
App. Filed.......
July, 20th 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
profiler said:
2, actually :). But this one has spent a little more time in the networking/security/streaming and cloud spheres. I did try my hand at electronic medical records/Canada Infoway, but that wasn't really for me. I do still get offers via LinkedIn and via email/telephone to do consulting on the side for those...

And yeah, My friends and I generally don't entertain offers from recruiters. My latest scheme for making them go away is advising them what my current salary is. And telling them that if I have to leave the city where I live, add 15k/yr for every 20 km I have to travel per day. And 3 wks vacation on top of that.

My bud (who lives in Kitch) has a scheme that he tells them 145 or he doesn't want to waste their time talking...
Your Bud is absolutely correct! Don't show up to the Knife fight with a water gun

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
GuyanaGirl said:
Your Bud is absolutely correct! Don't show up to the Knife fight with a water gun
Sometimes they actually take the bait though. One of the more well known (Big 4) banks repeatedly hammered me with requests to meet. 2 actually, one that starts with a C and one that starts with a T. C told me a ridiculous number, but that's to commute to Toronto. T was every week for 6 months to work in their lab in kitch making mobi apps... no thanks. I told them both that I make it a personal mission to never work in industries that possess the intent or the desire to screw Canadians.

Anyway, we have digressed.

GuyanaGirl

Jul 4, 2016
Visa Office......
Kitchener
App. Filed.......
July, 20th 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
profiler said:
Sometimes they actually take the bait though. One of the more well known (Big 4) banks repeatedly hammered me with requests to meet. 2 actually, one that starts with a C and one that starts with a T. C told me a ridiculous number, but that's to commute to Toronto. T was every week for 6 months to work in their lab in kitch making mobi apps... no thanks. I told them both that I make it a personal mission to never work in industries that possess the intent or the desire to screw Canadians.

LMAO!!!!

Do i even want to know what their response to that was?
who i am kidding...OF COURSE I WANT TO KNOW WHAT THE RESPONSE WAS

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
GuyanaGirl said:
LMAO!!!!

Do i even want to know what their response to that was?
who i am kidding...OF COURSE I WANT TO KNOW WHAT THE RESPONSE WAS
Well, that was after T kept peppering me and refusing to hear my escalating "No"s. Then new recruiters would show up from that organization making similar requests. Finally when I issued that comment, it completely ceased. C just thanked me for my time in responding.

GuyanaGirl

Jul 4, 2016
Visa Office......
Kitchener
App. Filed.......
July, 20th 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Oh boy, looks like they drew the lottery for Parents and Grandparents.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
GuyanaGirl said:
Oh boy, looks like they drew the lottery for Parents and Grandparents.
But they still have yet to send me a letter!!! I am starting to actually get annoyed.

As to PGP draw -- Mother-In-Law et al would not be moving to Canadia. They have grandkids there, my wife's brother still lives there with his family, babushka is still there, etc. She has a MEV good for 10 yrs, so she thought that was more than enough. When we have kids, she wouldn't be coming for more than 6 months. "My workplace would forget who I was!" is what she remarked after I mentioned the Super Wisa idea...

GuyanaGirl

Jul 4, 2016
Visa Office......
Kitchener
App. Filed.......
July, 20th 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
profiler said:
But they still have yet to send me a letter!!! I am starting to actually get annoyed.

As to PGP draw -- Mother-In-Law et al would not be moving to Canadia. They have grandkids there, my wife's brother still lives there with his family, babushka is still there, etc. She has a MEV good for 10 yrs, so she thought that was more than enough. When we have kids, she wouldn't be coming for more than 6 months. "My workplace would forget who I was!" is what she remarked after I mentioned the Super Wisa idea...
It's coming don't worry! Might have stopped for a bowl of Pho but it's on it's way

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
GuyanaGirl said:
It's coming don't worry! Might have stopped for a bowl of Pho but it's on it's way
I know, I know. Them email blasting 100,000 people means my email (that was due out today, RIGHT?!) won't show up until later. Lame.

GuyanaGirl

Jul 4, 2016
Visa Office......
Kitchener
App. Filed.......
July, 20th 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
profiler said:
I know, I know. Them email blasting 100,000 people means my email (that was due out today, RIGHT?!) won't show up until later. Lame.
Correct is right
Imagine trying to call the call center right now....uh...no thanks!