00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
profiler said:
He suggested that all the islands have all been made out to look the same. And cruising the area only gives you a short time. So, his suggestion was the one that leaves Galveston and heads to the Yucitan (Mayian region). He said that would give you something cool to do, other than just staying on the boat. But he did comment that Trinidad, Grenada, or St Maarten were of particular interest.
Well if he did not mention Saint Lucia, Martinique, Guadeloupe and Barbados then he does not know what he is talking about. ;) My Dad was born and grew up in Grenada.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
browning911 said:
Well if he did not mention Saint Lucia, Martinique, Guadeloupe and Barbados then he does not know what he is talking about. ;) My Dad was born and grew up in Grenada.
And he said that you would say that, too.

james131313

Apr 24, 2017
profiler said:
Mmmmmkay..

So, you have supplied leases, and tenant insurance. So, this is a good start, you will need to include a letter to them when you respond anyway. It's important to key this in very strongly.

What they are seeking is something like T4's (or the Tuition form ... T5501? something like that?) from that period showing the same address, any mailings you both had at the same address, joint accounts, joint utilities (cell phone?), things you have bought together for your home, etc.

Also, include stat decl's (if you have yet to do so) for anyone that knows your relation is continuing and genuine. Parents? Etc.

did you submit a Stat Decl of Common Law Union? If so, also key off this in your response.
Well, a few of the tuition forms have my parent's address because I was too lazy to ever change some of the information (with five years of hindsight, not the best of ideas) but we have the T4s at least, and (for example) a study visa with that first address on it. But, we're really lacking on the joint finances, since our expenses are relatively limited (I don't have a cell phone, for example). Really it's just rent, which I paid in cash until about a year ago, power (which is in her name) and then things like groceries, which are shared, but for which one can't really conjure up evidence. We might have some evidence that she paid parts of my tuition, but I'm not sure what we have for that.

And we've never really bought things for the home, just been given things that people no longer wanted. We did give a number of Statutory Declarations, but not one for ourselves. So, we're getting that tonight. That, with the T4s, and resending the tenants insurance documentation (since that apparently wasn't on the list of proofs that they have for us, and yet it presumably would count as a separate item) seems like it ought to be enough, but then I assumed we were good previously, so I'm a little concerned.

GuyanaGirl

Jul 4, 2016
Visa Office......
Kitchener
App. Filed.......
July, 20th 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
profiler said:
He suggested that all the islands have all been made out to look the same. And cruising the area only gives you a short time. So, his suggestion was the one that leaves Galveston and heads to the Yucitan (Mayian region). He said that would give you something cool to do, other than just staying on the boat. But he did comment that Trinidad, Grenada, or St Maarten were of particular interest.
I agree, every single island deserves a few days to explore. A lot of the things that make them charming are not immediately known and commercialized, but it will make all the difference in your experience.

Yucatan peninsula is one of my fav places so far, so much to do ! ( Ahau Tulum, Akumal turtle beach !!! )

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
james131313 said:
Well, a few of the tuition forms have my parent's address because I was too lazy to ever change some of the information (with five years of hindsight, not the best of ideas) but we have the T4s at least, and (for example) a study visa with that first address on it. But, we're really lacking on the joint finances, since our expenses are relatively limited (I don't have a cell phone, for example). Really it's just rent, which I paid in cash until about a year ago, power (which is in her name) and then things like groceries, which are shared, but for which one can't really conjure up evidence. We might have some evidence that she paid parts of my tuition, but I'm not sure what we have for that.

And we've never really bought things for the home, just been given things that people no longer wanted. We did give a number of Statutory Declarations, but not one for ourselves. So, we're getting that tonight. That, with the T4s, and resending the tenants insurance documentation (since that apparently wasn't on the list of proofs that they have for us, and yet it presumably would count as a separate item) seems like it ought to be enough, but then I assumed we were good previously, so I'm a little concerned.
Hard to say. It was also depend on what your story was when you submitted too. You have to examine the evidence holistically. You can also ask friends to review.

My wife and I married quickly, with only friends at the wedding. Civic ceremony. We did have a honeymoon, and the like. We'd known each other since 2013.

We submitted:
- 75 photos: Anything from trips to Toronto/NF, family BBQ's (including when her mother came to visit us; her with my family, etc), her with my family and my son, her and I fishing/etc, wedding, honeymoon, etc.
- Marriage Certificate (long-form)
- cohabitation proofs (everything she's ever been mailed to our home address was included, her DL, my DL, etc)
- 4 declarations, 2 were stat decl's, 2 were witnessed by a notary. All written by members of my family
- and all of her identity proofs

They didn't ask us for an interview, no messages, nothing. One thing I attribute to this was having two friends evaluate our pictures. One of them commented: "Wow, I didn't realize how much time you two spend together.." So, this was a helpful outside opinion. Perhaps you would consider doing the same with your new proofs?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
GuyanaGirl said:
I agree, every single island deserves a few days to explore. A lot of the things that make them charming are not immediately known and commercialized, but it will make all the difference in your experience.

Yucatan peninsula is one of my fav places so far, so much to do ! ( Ahau Tulum, Akumal turtle beach !!! )
He said much are the same though. But I suppose if you were paying attention (you spent more than a day there) you would see their quarks.

I know the wife wants to see Wegas. She wants to understand how a desert can be turned into a cash-cow. I told her, it's ridiculously gimmicky (yes, those are words... honest!). I don't know if I can stand doing Wegas again, though :(.

james131313

Apr 24, 2017
profiler said:
Hard to say. It was also depend on what your story was when you submitted too. You have to examine the evidence holistically. You can also ask friends to review.

My wife and I married quickly, with only friends at the wedding. Civic ceremony. We did have a honeymoon, and the like. We'd known each other since 2013.

We submitted:
- 75 photos: Anything from trips to Toronto/NF, family BBQ's (including when her mother came to visit us; her with my family, etc), her with my family and my son, her and I fishing/etc, wedding, honeymoon, etc.
- Marriage Certificate (long-form)
- cohabitation proofs (everything she's ever been mailed to our home address was included, her DL, my DL, etc)
- 4 declarations, 2 were stat decl's, 2 were witnessed by a notary. All written by members of my family
- and all of her identity proofs

They didn't ask us for an interview, no messages, nothing. One thing I attribute to this was having two friends evaluate our pictures. One of them commented: "Wow, I didn't realize how much time you two spend together.." So, this was a helpful outside opinion. Perhaps you would consider doing the same with your new proofs?
We already have, which is part of what is confusing. We had a lawyer friend who sponsored his wife go through them in advance. We submitted comfortably more than 100 photos, showing my presence at her family events, hers at mine, shared holidays, graduations photos showing both our families, and on and on, 3 statutory declarations, and all of my identity proofs. I'm now beginning to think that they missed the insurance documents, and without those there's shabby evidence of our having lived together (just the leases, really). So, giving them our stat declaration, resending everything and drawing attention to the insurance and a host of proofs of address will hopefully be enough.

You'd think that people who'd lived together for five years would have more evidence, but oh well.
Anyway, thanks for the advice. It was helpful. That DM will come soon.

GuyanaGirl

Jul 4, 2016
Visa Office......
Kitchener
App. Filed.......
July, 20th 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
profiler said:
He said much are the same though. But I suppose if you were paying attention (you spent more than a day there) you would see their quarks.

I know the wife wants to see Wegas. She wants to understand how a desert can be turned into a cash-cow. I told her, it's ridiculously gimmicky (yes, those are words... honest!). I don't know if I can stand doing Wegas again, though :(.
blahhh, i agree with you. it's probably the one place on earth i have very little to zero interest in ... Tell her Coco Bongo in the Yucatan is a good time too

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
GuyanaGirl said:
blahhh, i agree with you. it's probably the one place on earth i have very little to zero interest in ... Tell her Coco Bongo in the Yucatan is a good time too
I had to go for work. There was a Conference there that (previous) work paid me to attend. I can say I did it. I got the nose bleed to prove it (air is sooo terribly dry). Stayed at the Luxor...

I will say, it's pretty easy to make new friends there. We attended an Irish pub like every night (Ri Ra ... google it... was in the Mandalay Bay indoor "mall" on the Strip). They knew we were canucks. They were always pretty nice to us. Even scored a recipe just by asking and saying, "We are from 3000 miles away -- we are no competition for you"....annnnnd out came the details.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
james131313 said:
We already have, which is part of what is confusing. We had a lawyer friend who sponsored his wife go through them in advance. We submitted comfortably more than 100 photos, showing my presence at her family events, hers at mine, shared holidays, graduations photos showing both our families, and on and on, 3 statutory declarations, and all of my identity proofs. I'm now beginning to think that they missed the insurance documents, and without those there's shabby evidence of our having lived together (just the leases, really). So, giving them our stat declaration, resending everything and drawing attention to the insurance and a host of proofs of address will hopefully be enough.

You'd think that people who'd lived together for five years would have more evidence, but oh well.
Anyway, thanks for the advice. It was helpful. That DM will come soon.
Thanks! Best of luck!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
@justxher: I bet you get a DM email after 6pm eastern... if you don't have it yet.

But that begs the question, where is everyone else's DM's from march? Browning is waiting....

james131313

Apr 24, 2017
I've just found the new IMM5589E document that presents radically different requirements for proof. Anyhow, any ideas on how to construe the following requirements:

Proof of financial dependency on one another; (Minimum 1 document).
Important documents for you or your sponsor showing that you are recognized as each other's spouse (such as employment or
insurance benefits). (Minimum 1 document).

SC2VHL

Mar 29, 2017
profiler said:
@justxher: I bet you get a DM email after 6pm eastern... if you don't have it yet.

But that begs the question, where is everyone else's DM's from march? Browning is waiting....
Just got my DM email as well. Hmm.. in the email was just asked to just bring the wife passport and nothing else.

So now, just waiting for the Etobicoke location to call.

PS: MyCIC status didn't even change at all.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
james131313 said:
I've just found the new IMM5589E document that presents radically different requirements for proof. Anyhow, any ideas on how to construe the following requirements:

Proof of financial dependency on one another; (Minimum 1 document).
Important documents for you or your sponsor showing that you are recognized as each other's spouse (such as employment or
insurance benefits). (Minimum 1 document).
I showed that my partner was dependant on me. Gave proof of her enrollment in my extended health benefits, and beneficiary to my pension.

I also included a letter that stated very clearly that changing all our utilities etc to include both names is not high on my priority list. As they come up, we discuss, and if it makes sense to do so, we change. This doesn't mean we are not interdependent, but realistically, I make 4x what she does. Why would she bare those types of expenses while she establishes herself in Canada?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
SC2VHL said:
Just got my DM email as well. Hmm.. in the email was just asked to just bring the wife passport and nothing else.

So now, just waiting for the Etobicoke location to call.
You guys are killing me. ..

Glad and very happy for you all... but but but....