+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications 2016 timeline and updates

nataliengan

Star Member
Mar 4, 2014
profiler said:
Not to sound callus but, I am really not surprised. What's happening, it's no surprise to me. They are hoping to finish 2016's by December 2017. Whatever that means for their internal timeline is up to them at this point. They have yet to communicate how that will look. So, just about everyone is guessing.
just makes me a little bit frustrated to waiting for news from CIC. .. but i knew my work permit was approved last week..only good news since sep 2016.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
I had to... you know that, right? I just....I couldn't resist.

so they have moved one month in two weeks. reasonable speed :D
By my guesstimations, that would put them in pretty reasonable shape to deliver on their promise of all backlogged applications to be completed by December. *IF* (big if) they continued at the present rate:

1 month (on the calendar) = 2 weeks of actual time, or 2 weeks for every actual week. So, we have 52 weeks to work with (give or take a holiday -- I think they should give a holiday up :)), and we have 120 weeks to play catch up with (assuming they also want to show progress on new applications too -- also assuming the FIFO they promised it was -- and 120 wks is from Aug 25 2015 -> Dec 12 2017).

With 52 weeks of actual time, that means they could in theory process 104 weeks of applications (at present clip). They would be damned close to flushing the backlog completely. Unless my math went horribly wrong. In that case, my next career will be Horse whisper, or sales...

I am an end of January applicant my projection is that I will get DM on March 1st, 2017.

Venture to guess your DM date? Anybody? 8)
That's the spirit :).

We are 190 days from the present "August 25 2015" date they announce on the automated attendant. So, that's 27.143 wks. 27.143 / 2 = 13.5715. Add that to today's date, and I am guessing my wife will be done on or before Monday April 24 2017.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
nataliengan said:
just makes me a little bit frustrated to waiting for news from CIC. .. but i knew my work permit was approved last week..only good news since sep 2016.
Totally a "Don't call us, we'll call you" relationship. It's everyone's frustration. You're not alone here..

Last time we heard anything was august when they erroneously sent out a wave of PCC requests -- which my notes have later identified to have been a person not scanning original documents fast enough -- so the system made a mistake and demanded us to get another PCC...

zumbagirl

Mar 15, 2016
profiler said:
I had to... you know that, right? I just....I couldn't resist.

By my guesstimations, that would put them in pretty reasonable shape to deliver on their promise of all backlogged applications to be completed by December. *IF* (big if) they continued at the present rate:

1 month (on the calendar) = 2 weeks of actual time, or 2 weeks for every actual week. So, we have 52 weeks to work with (give or take a holiday -- I think they should give a holiday up :)), and we have 120 weeks to play catch up with (assuming they also want to show progress on new applications too -- also assuming the FIFO they promised it was -- and 120 wks is from Aug 25 2015 -> Dec 12 2017).

With 52 weeks of actual time, that means they could in theory process 104 weeks of applications (at present clip). They would be damned close to flushing the backlog completely. Unless my math went horribly wrong. In that case, my next career will be Horse whisper, or sales...

That's the spirit :).

We are 190 days from the present "August 25 2015" date they announce on the automated attendant. So, that's 27.143 wks. 27.143 / 2 = 13.5715. Add that to today's date, and I am guessing my wife will be done on or before Monday April 24 2017.

love it!
care to run a poll?
cheers

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
zumbagirl said:
love it!
care to run a poll?
cheers
I think the quickest way to get that done is to ask our dear friend, simpsol22 to add a column 'DM guess' to the current inland spread.

For anyone who wants to play along, here is a simple date maths calculator to help you out: https://www.timeanddate.com/date/dateadded.html

RaviJ

Star Member
Oct 12, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9/27/16
AOR Received.
11/02/16
Med's Done....
upfront
nataliengan said:

Hi , when did you apply for your owp?i applied on Sept 30th and still awaiting mine.

Annjo89

Star Member
Dec 2, 2015
Hi,
My boyfriend and I are going to apply for Inland Sponsorship Visa - Common-law. I am Swede and he is Canadian.

1. I have a question about the Open Work Permit. In the Application to Change Conditions, Extend my Stay or Remain in Canada as a Worker under Details of intended work in Canada question 5:Duration of expected employment. I already have a job and my intention is to continue working there during the process. What dates should I write there?

2. Could someone explain what the difference categories means and what I should apply for, Question 3 "I am applying for one or more of the following":
*A Work Permit with the same employer
* An initial work permit or a work permit with a new employer
* Restoration of your status as a worker

I have a Working Holiday Visa now and I have worked for my current employer for 3 months now.

3. One more thing, I am participant in the IEC program, my Working Holiday Visa expires May 8th. Do I have to provide proof of health insurance from Sweden covering the intended extension to my length of stay in Canada when/if CIC issue me an Open Work Permit? I am covered through my boyfriends insurance, shall I provide that?

Cheers!!

zumbagirl

Mar 15, 2016
profiler said:
I think the quickest way to get that done is to ask our dear friend, simpsol22 to add a column 'DM guess' to the current inland spread.

For anyone who wants to play along, here is a simple date maths calculator to help you out: https://www.timeanddate.com/date/dateadded.html
cool!
would you arrange it?

this is pretty much the first time since we have started this journey a year ago we can actually see "the tunnel at the end of the light" - (as my old friend used to say)

simpsol22

Feb 11, 2015
South Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Landing: Surrey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2015
Doc's Request.
17-06-2016
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
04-06-2016
LANDED..........
13-02-2017
profiler said:

Thanks for calling me a dear friend, however I do not believe I have authority to add columns. You'd have to speak to Ms. Sophie--the creator/owner of the spreadsheet. :) I'm just an editor.

Also, have you looked at the stats tab? Already kind of guesses the average DM. if you want that sheet modified in anyway...I can help there.

simpsol22

Feb 11, 2015
South Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2015
Doc's Request.
17-06-2016
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
04-06-2016
LANDED..........
13-02-2017
InlandSep16 said:
I called this morning their 1800 number and now they are processing app received by "Tuesday Aug 25th,2015".
IMOP, I think they are working in a full pace , since beginning of the year to now, the jumped from July to end of August in matter of 15 days.
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Last night it said August 14th. :)

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
it's going to be a slow few months

nataliengan

Star Member
Mar 4, 2014
RaviJ said:

Hi , when did you apply for your owp?i applied on Sept 30th and still awaiting mine.
my sowp was sent with applications, so it received by cic on 13th sep...I called them last week and was told by my owp was approved. just waiting for paper owp

simpsol22

Feb 11, 2015
South Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2015
Doc's Request.
17-06-2016
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
04-06-2016
LANDED..........
13-02-2017
profiler said:
Where is Zumbagirl... :D

*resumes optimism* :D

EDIT: I did verify this. Looking at the inland spreadsheet, and acknowledging that it's maybe 2% of who actually applied, they should be at December in a couple weeks. Where is Maria -- we need to get planning some landing parties :).

And someone in the 2015 inland thread claims to have received a landing invitation..... Carol, Simpsol22, etc -- looks like you're up next!
really hoping. ...ever since I noticed my MyCIC and Ecas updated on Friday for Medical, I've been checking more than once a day. I think it may have updated due to my relentless asking of why it hadn't been looked at since 7.5 months had passed.
I really wish I knew how many NOT on the spreadsheet are actually done for Sept-Nov (out of the total spousal pool)....more and more Oct and Nov that were skipped are already getting news now.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
1. I have a question about the Open Work Permit. In the Application to Change Conditions, Extend my Stay or Remain in Canada as a Worker under Details of intended work in Canada question 5:Duration of expected employment. I already have a job and my intention is to continue working there during the process. What dates should I write there?
OWP, leave all employer and employment details blank. It's open, meaning anywhere for anyone.

2. Could someone explain what the difference categories means and what I should apply for, Question 3 "I am applying for one or more of the following":
*A Work Permit with the same employer
* An initial work permit or a work permit with a new employer
* Restoration of your status as a worker

I have a Working Holiday Visa now and I have worked for my current employer for 3 months now.
New employer means you don't know yet (in OWP) -- pick this one.

New permit same employer is for closed work permits. Don't choose this one.

Restore status, well if you're out of status for 90 days or less, you can request to restore it as a worker. Not needed if you file before your present permit expires.

3. One more thing, I am participant in the IEC program, my Working Holiday Visa expires May 8th. Do I have to provide proof of health insurance from Sweden covering the intended extension to my length of stay in Canada when/if CIC issue me an Open Work Permit? I am covered through my boyfriends insurance, shall I provide that?
No. Inland OWP expects that you'd be eligible for provincial health care insurance. Not needed.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
simpsol22 said:
Thanks for calling me a dear friend, however I do not believe I have authority to add columns. You'd have to speak to Ms. Sophie--the creator/owner of the spreadsheet. :) I'm just an editor.

Also, have you looked at the stats tab? Already kind of guesses the average DM. if you want that sheet modified in anyway...I can help there.
You are a dear friend :).

Any chance you know how to reach Ms Sophie? Have an "in" you can leverage?? ;)