+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship for Nigeria spouse help

Clusted101

Sep 1, 2018
Category........
FAM
Hello,
I am looking for some tips and help on sponsoring my nigerian husband to canada.
We got married in May 2017 and our son was born November 2017.

We have a bit of a story, we met in canada and his visa expired and we decided I would come with him to meet his family. We travelled together and shortly after he applied for a visitors visa so he could come back for a little bit with me (So I did not have to fly alone) sadly it was denied due to not enough reason for coming. We got engaged on Valentine's day! And started planning our wedding. We learned I was pregnant shortly after and decided it best if I went back to Canada after our wedding for better health care.
We applied for another visitors visa so he could be there for the birth of our son. Again his visa was denied due to not enough ties in Nigeria. So I gave birth to our son without him there and he didn't meet our son till February when I travelled to the states to meet him because he couldn't get a visitors visa to Canada to meet our son but got one to the US no issues. We stayed together there for about a month then he went back to Nigeria and I went back to Canada.
We didn't want to be apart any longer and I ddikt want him missing out on our son growing so we planned for me and our son to go to Nigeria for a short while to visit and meet his family. We now have got most of our documents together for the sponsorship but are worried about a couple of things.

1. His previous refusals of visitors visas
2. Currently I am not working but hope to return in November.
3. I do not have my own place but I am staying with my mother who has written a letter stating once he is allowed in canada we can stay with her free of charge until we get our own place.
4. The fact that we have not been married long.
5. We don't have any shared bank accounts because we didn't get married until we were in Nigeria and I then returned. The bank informed us we both have to be present in order to get a joint bank account.

I was hoping maybe someone has gone through something similar or has some tips to reassure us that we will be approved.

I don't want to wait any longer then I have to for our family to be together.

Please any helpful tips would be welcome

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
1. His previous refusals of visitors visas
2. Currently I am not working but hope to return in November.
3. I do not have my own place but I am staying with my mother who has written a letter stating once he is allowed in canada we can stay with her free of charge until we get our own place.
4. The fact that we have not been married long.
5. We don't have any shared bank accounts because we didn't get married until we were in Nigeria and I then returned. The bank informed us we both have to be present in order to get a joint bank account.
Hi

1. Provided they are fully declared, not an issue.
2. You aren't required to be working but you need to show how you will support yourselves in Canada without welfare.
3. That's fine.
4. You've been married 1.5 years. That's fine.
5. Joint bank accounts are not a requirement for sponsorship.

Clusted101

Sep 1, 2018
Category........
FAM
Hi

1. Provided they are fully declared, not an issue.
2. You aren't required to be working but you need to show how you will support yourselves in Canada without welfare.
3. That's fine.
4. You've been married 1.5 years. That's fine.
5. Joint bank accounts are not a requirement for sponsorship.

Hi thank you for your response.
It has made me feel a bit more positive!