+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship for MILITARY personnel in Pakistan

Sar03

Feb 17, 2015
I am sponsoring my husband who is currently serving in the military in Pakistan. We were recently asked to submit Supplementary Information form which asks to submit official military service completion or exemption certificates. We are unable to provide both. My husband will resign from the military after the immigration process is completed and the resign itself will take a few months to complete.

Has anyone here dealt with the same or similar situation? I would welcome any input/suggestion.
Thank you.

Mercy24

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-Nov 2014
AOR Received.
23-Jan 2015
File Transfer...
12-Feb 2015 InProcess......: 7-Aug 2015
Med's Request
25-Aug 2015
Med's Done....
7-Sep 2015 DecisionMade.: 28-Sep 2015
Passport Req..
7-Oct 2015
VISA ISSUED...
12-Oct 2015
LANDED..........
24-Dec 2015
Which form is this?

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
You can submit an explanation with the form. Say that your husband is serving in the military at this time, and is planning to resign later. Therefore you do not have his certificate of completion.
You should include proof of this - proof he is serving in the military now, and if you have anything, proof he is planning to resign.

Sar03

Feb 17, 2015
Mercy24, this is the form: http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/pakistan/assets/pdfs/pakistaninationals-form-en .pdf

canadianwoman, I was also thinking along the same lines. I do have a few concerns about that letter of explanation:
If I state that my husband is planning to resign, are there chances that CIC holds our application and wait until the resignation process is complete?
What should be the reason for not applying for resignation before the immigration process is completed?

Finally, has it happened before that CIC exempts a requirement when explanation is provided? I would ask others to please share any similar experience.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
If his job is his only source of income, he could state that he does not want to resign until closer to the date when he will receive PR.

In other cases a letter of explanation has been accepted instead of the form. For example, people who do not have an Option C will write a letter explaining why, and it is accepted, usually.

Amakyzuu

Nov 18, 2016
I am sponsoring my husband who is currently serving in the military in Pakistan. We were recently asked to submit Supplementary Information form which asks to submit official military service completion or exemption certificates. We are unable to provide both. My husband will resign from the military after the immigration process is completed and the resign itself will take a few months to complete.

Has anyone here dealt with the same or similar situation? I would welcome any input/suggestion.
Thank you.
Hello. Pls what's the situation now with your husband's application. How long did it take?

Usman2777

Aug 22, 2024

Thank you.
What’s the update?I want to apply with same intention as yours pls update about your case