+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

sposorship application for my kid born overseas

agreed

Jan 6, 2013
Hi,
We both are Permanent Residents of Canada since December 2013. Due to some emergency situations; my wife had to travel to India during her last months of pregnancy and our child is born in India. My baby got her TRV approved. But we planning to bring her to Canada only after 6 months. My question is ;can we proceed with her sponsorship application now? At the border services; when they determine how long she can stay in canada ; would her PR application in process would be an issue? Or should she wait 6 more months until she reaches Canada?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi

Provided you are currently in Canada, you can apply for sponsorship now. As a PR, you must be residing in Canada throughout the process.

A PR app in process will not be an issue at the border.

agreed

Jan 6, 2013
Hi,
Thanks for the reply. I heard that I need to be in Canada only until my eligibility to sponsor is approved. Once they forward the application to Canadian High Commission in India; I heard that I don't need to be in Canada.I remember reading it in the CIC website. Correct me if I'm wrong

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
agreed said:
Hi,
Thanks for the reply. I heard that I need to be in Canada only until my eligibility to sponsor is approved. Once they forward the application to Canadian High Commission in India; I heard that I don't need to be in Canada.I remember reading it in the CIC website. Correct me if I'm wrong
You need to be in Canada to sponsor your child for PR. Once approved, you still need to stay in Canada until child has PR.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
agreed said:
Hi,
Incorrect. Only Canadian citizens can reside out of Canada during the process. PRs must reside in Canada the entire time.