+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsorship with no intention of moving.

bubloo07

Dec 25, 2007
Hi,
I am a British national and my fiance is Canadian. We are getting married late next year.

She wants to sponsor me for immigration to Canada after we are married. At the same, I will also be sponsoring her for her to come to the UK.

We have no intention of living in Canada in the foreseeable future and are going to settle in the UK. However, she thinks that me having a Canadian immigration will help keep my options open in the future, should we be required to move later for whatever reason.

I want to know, if this is even possible, as I believe that once you get sponshorship, you actually have to move to the country or you lose it.

If someone can answer this question, I would much appreciate it.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

bubloo07 said:
Hi,
I am a British national and my fiance is Canadian. We are getting married late next year.

She wants to sponsor me for immigration to Canada after we are married. At the same, I will also be sponsoring her for her to come to the UK.

We have no intention of living in Canada in the foreseeable future and are going to settle in the UK. However, she thinks that me having a Canadian immigration will help keep my options open in the future, should we be required to move later for whatever reason.

I want to know, if this is even possible, as I believe that once you get sponshorship, you actually have to move to the country or you lose it.

If someone can answer this question, I would much appreciate it.
You actually have to land, ie use it, if you have no intention to move in the near future, why waste the time and money?

PMM

/

bubloo07

Dec 25, 2007
It is so its easier for me to relocate in future.

Can you become a landed immigrant, then go back to your home country?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

bubloo07 said:
It is so its easier for me to relocate in future.

Can you become a landed immigrant, then go back to your home country?
Yes, but unless you are accompanying a Canadian Citizen spouse, you must remain in Canada for 2 years in 5 year period. Also as in your previous post, your wife will have submit with the application a statement that once you are issued a visa, she will be returning to Canada. In the statement, she has to outline what she has done in the way of obtaining employment/accommodation when she returns.

PMM

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
This is really silly. If you are a British national, you can go with your wife to Canada at any time. Once there, you can set up your household and she can sponsor you to immigrate. You wouldn't even have to leave the country.