+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsorship To Canada after Deportation

M

mikeymyke

You can't sponsor him from France because he doesn't have legal status there. You can only sponsor him from Sri Lanka. And you can't sponsor him from Canada either because he has no chance of getting a visitor visa to Canada for you to apply inland.

The best way for you is for him to return to Sri Lanka, live with him for a year at least, then apply outland. The living together thing will help prove the genuineness of your marriage, and also it will help you better assess his intentions on being with you.

sookiri

Jun 1, 2014
hey, i saw your post and decided to reply..
anyways i'm also in the same boat..i was deported but my gf decided to come all the way to sri lanka and we got married and just applied for a spousal sponsorship,
but in these type of cases i think a good lawyer is a plus because its a very complicated matter
and also the proof does matter ( my entire application set was over 2.5kg)
and also being positive is the most important part..
how ever i think your bf should go to sri lanka and apply from there..
my advise is that both of you two should go to sri lanka and get married.and you can go to canada,and apply for a spousal sportsmanship,what my lawyer told me was about 14 months..
anyways if you pm,i can refer you to my lawyer in toronto..(if you are also in toronto)

sookiri

Jun 1, 2014
so have you figured out what to do?
and as for the moment.you guys should get married and start collecting all your data

Smsm81

Oct 24, 2012
mikeymyke said:
You can't sponsor him from France because he doesn't have legal status there. You can only sponsor him from Sri Lanka. And you can't sponsor him from Canada either because he has no chance of getting a visitor visa to Canada for you to apply inland.

The best way for you is for him to return to Sri Lanka, live with him for a year at least, then apply outland. The living together thing will help prove the genuineness of your marriage, and also it will help you better assess his intentions on being with you.
Guys, please only give certain answers as to not scare those who are already terrified.
Where are you now? in Canada or in France? is he still in France? I dont know if this could work but you might marry him while in France, if the laws entitle so, then both of you go to his country. then apply from there for sponsorship. he might also apply for visitor visa once after submitting the application. for sure you will need a lawyer to help you understand how to settle your file in order.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Smsm81 said:
Guys, please only give certain answers as to not scare those who are already terrified.
Where are you now? in Canada or in France? is he still in France? I dont know if this could work but you might marry him while in France, if the laws entitle so, then both of you go to his country. then apply from there for sponsorship. he might also apply for visitor visa once after submitting the application. for sure you will need a lawyer to help you understand how to settle your file in order.
I don't see how mikeymyke was supposed to `sugar coat' his reply. It was a solid suggestion, albeit scary, but...true.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
Agree (with Ponga). mikeymike's answer was honest and fair. The OP needs to know what the deal is if she is going to have any chance.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
As others have said, mikeymike is being honest with the situation the OP is in. Why sugarcoat it? CIC is not going to be nice and polite just so they don't want to offend the OP. Mikeymike is giving the OP the brutal reality check of what CIC will actually see. CIC are not going to go over applications with rosey glasses on. They are looking at it with a microscope and try to see it for what it is. Is the OP's marriage real or marriage of convenient for the applicant to avoid going back to Sri Lanka.

The OP has to be fully aware of what she is getting herself into and what to expect from CIC. This way the OP will be prepared and not act surprised if CIC says otherwise.

JRPW

Star Member
Jul 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
2013 (re-med)
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Smsm81 said:
Then why come on here and ask for advice? Dealing with immigration in any country can be stressful. I know what I'm talking about as I have personally dealt with Japanese Immigration while I was living in Japan and Canadian Immigration while applying for the wife's PR. If one can't deal, or accept, certain answers to their questions, don't ask.