+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsorship of Parents ....

hep

Oct 25, 2011
Hello everyone

I have a situation and am hoping to hear from others who might have been in the situation so that I know what to expect.

my sponsorship application was approved from Canada and was forwarded to Islamabad in early 2009. The application included my father, mother, and one more dependent. My father was was the the principal applicant.

Unfortunately my father passed away shortly thereafter, and nothing happened for about 2 years. I then went through the process of making changes to the application in Islamabad and even got the fees refunded that I had submitted for my father.

They recently issued a new file number for my mother and had us fill in the forms such that my mother can become the principal applicant. I can check the status of the application and it shows that they started processing application in July 2011. So far (in last 4 months) they have asked us to provide police report, new forms, and some education documents (of sponsor).

I am now starting to get concerned that all the time that we waited (approximately 30 months) for the application to be processed might have been wasted as they have issued us a new file number and the status shows that they have only started processing application as of July 2011 (when we submitted the new forms so that my mother becomes principal applicant).

Does anyone has any knowledge/experience on this matter? Would we have to wait again for years so that our application is processed or the time that was already waited would be counted such that now it will process fairly fast as we already waited approximately 30 months in the past while we were waiting in the queue for our turn.

To me it would make sense and would only be fair that we are not put in the back of the queue again. If you have any knowledge/ experience in this matter then please share it with me as I am starting to get anxious!

Many thanks.

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Sorry to hear that your father passed away before fulfilling his ambition (yours too) to become Canadian PR.
According to my understanding , most unfortunately, the application could be in the new queue because the new file is opened for your mother being the PA is changed and simultaneously new file number is allocated. So there is no possibility of any reduction of processing time. Moreover family class - parents/ brothers/sisters etc.. are not treated under priority processing like spouse and dependent children.

hep

Oct 25, 2011
That stinks. I doubt it though because mind you that the application had already completed the wait time and we had informed them of the change in our situation about 2 years ago. During the 2 years time we continued to wait .... that time would have been counted as well as waiting time, but who knows.

I wonder if anyone else has any knowledge or actual experience in this regard.

Thanks.