+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

sponsorship of parents and grandparents for Canadian Permanent Residence

petersiddle28

Oct 12, 2013
done said:
does anyone know if for people who live in quebec, do they need to prof 3 years of income or only one year

thnx in advance
I am sure its 3 years like any other but quebec requires some more requirements as far as I know

sunshinemrc

Dec 16, 2013
petersiddle28 said:
They say to make it fair, it should be mail or courier to Mississauga, so isn't that unfair to other provinces as people living in Toronto will be able to mail it quicker?
In a way yes, however if you send it by courier (FedEx) from Mississauga to Mississauga, or Vancouver to Mississauga, it will be receipted next business day. I think the only advantage may be with regular mail, but I wouldn't trust Canada Post with any delivery :eek:

done

Oct 28, 2013
sunshinemrc said:
Parents sponsorship will need 3 years of income regardless of which province you live in.
dear sunshinemrc, thanks for your answer

in quebec site it says:
[/quote]
You must demonstrate that you have, over the past twelve months and will continue to have at your disposal sufficient financial resources for the duration of the undertaking. The following elements are considered. The following elements are considered:
[/quote]

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/EN/IMMIGRATE-SETTLE/sponsors-sponsored/requirements-sponsor/specific-requirements/financial-standards/index.html

it is very confusing does anyone knows for sure

Regards

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
done said:

in quebec site it says:

You must demonstrate that you have, over the past twelve months and will continue to have at your disposal sufficient financial resources for the duration of the undertaking. The following elements are considered. The following elements are considered:

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/EN/IMMIGRATE-SETTLE/sponsors-sponsored/requirements-sponsor/specific-requirements/financial-standards/index.html

Regards
You need 3 years.
You are reading old information, or info not specific to parents/grandparents. Wait until the new forms are released specifically for parents, and you will clearly see the 3 years income requirement at LICO+30%.

reet81

Dec 27, 2013
@ Rob_To
please reply to my question on page 6. Also what are the forms you think we will be filling this time at this stage,I mean only sponser forms or other immigration forms-Immi-0008 and background declaration too. I asked that so that I can collect all necessary information from them

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
done said:

in quebec site it says:

Regards
It's not confusing at all. There are new rules being introduced when parent / grandparent sponsorship reopens. You must now meet LICO for three years to qualify to sponsor. These rules will apply to everyone in all provinces.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Re: sponsorship of parents

reet81 said:
1. In 2011,our family income was 79k which is 1k less than current LICO requirement,i just want to make sure if LICO of 2011 year was less than current LICO or it is same for last 3 years.
LICO usually increases a little bit every year.

In 2011, from the tables you can look up online, LICO for family size of 7 was 58,827 so +30% would be 76,475.

2. After 2011,our income is more than 150k,so if I sign my husband as co-signer this year to sponser his parent only. Will it be possible for me to sponser my parent on my own basis next year.
If you submit for Jan 2, 2014, you will need to submit CRA income proofs for 2010, 2011 and 2012 (since 2013 LOA won't be available yet). So does your family income qualify for 2010 LICO+30% also?

After the 5000 applications are received, the program will shut down again. So nobody really knows if any new rules will be established when they re-open it, or if they will even re-open in Jan 2015.

reet81

Dec 27, 2013
Thanks Rob_TO,I really aprreciate your help

No, not enough in 2010 ,I am just hoping if they will only ask for 2011,2012 and 2013 when program re-opens.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
reet81 said:
Thanks Rob_TO,I really aprreciate your help

No, not enough in 2010 ,I am just hoping if they will only ask for 2011,2012 and 2013 when program re-opens.
Yes but the problem is, you need to show official tax return (LOA or Option C) to prove income. So your 2013 return won't be ready until around February 2014. Most likely the 5000 cap on new application, will be reached within the first week of 2014 after the program re-opens. So by the time you have proof for 2013 income... the program will already be closed again. So you may need to wait until the program re-opens yet again, in 2015.

You could try to submit without 2013 proof saying it will come later, but in this case your app would most likely be rejected and returned to you as incomplete.

done

Oct 28, 2013
scylla said:
It's not confusing at all. There are new rules being introduced when parent / grandparent sponsorship reopens. You must now meet LICO for three years to qualify to sponsor. These rules will apply to everyone in all provinces.
Dear scylla & Rob_TO

Many many thanks for your answer,

we were suppose to send the application that we filled, there is only one year of income, I will go to ask a lawyer.

I appreciate your help very much, you've saved me a lot of time and probably money.

Regards

done

done

Oct 28, 2013
scylla said:
Update

Dear scylla, forum members

I called immigration Quebec and here is the answer.

For QC residents we do not need to prove 3 years of income to CIC only we need one year to satisfy QC requirement.

Hope it'll help others

Thanks

done

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
done said:
Dear scylla & Rob_TO

Many many thanks for your answer,

we were suppose to send the application that we filled, there is only one year of income, I will go to ask a lawyer.

I appreciate your help very much, you've saved me a lot of time and probably money.

Regards

done
What application have you filled out? The new forms aren't available yet and won't be posted until tomorrow. If you send in the forms you have filled out now then the application will be automatically refused.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
done said:
Update

Dear scylla, forum members

I called immigration Quebec and here is the answer.

For QC residents we do not need to prove 3 years of income to CIC only we need one year to satisfy QC requirement.

Hope it'll help others

Thanks

done
Did you talk to a customer service rep on the phone? If so, then how could they possibly know this answer if the new parent sponsor forms aren't yet released by CIC yet?? I would not trust what they told you.

Family sponsorship is a FEDERAL government program, so all the main rules are the same no matter what province you are in. There is zero chance they would make it easier for 1 province to sponsor, over another.

Adal

Nov 27, 2013
done, scylla and Rob_TO

I would also recommend to wait until new forms and guides are released to the public. On the other hand immigration is a shared responsibility between FED and QC. QC has its own immigration processes (they grant their famous CSQ for example) In the previous parents/grandparents process specs it is QC who determined financial eligibility. For example in the federal package QC residents were not required to send the Financial Evaluation form nor the Option-c printouts. Years ago in previous versions of the process applicants were required to send the application first to QC and once they had the CSQ they completed the FED part.

This approach should not change. QC should continue determining financial eligibility, but this does not mean QC is not going to change their requirements. Quite the opposite, QC has been following Federal guidelines in many many immigration programs during the recent last years. So, I would say QC is also going to race the bar in terms of financial requirements, basically because the reasons behind that decision are also valid in QC.

Hope this help.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Adal said:
This approach should not change. QC should continue determining financial eligibility, but this does not mean QC is not going to change their requirements. Quite the opposite, QC has been following Federal guidelines in many many immigration programs during the recent last years. So, I would say QC is also going to race the bar in terms of financial requirements, basically because the reasons behind that decision are also valid in QC.
There are some aspects that QC is able to control, but at the Federal level there are certain aspect to family sponsorship that QC has no control over, and must abide by the CIC rules. I believe the number of years of proving income (now 3, used to be 1) is a a Canada-wide requirement and QC has no choice but to follow this.

i.e. Same thing like the definition for common-law. CIC/Fed definition is 12 months of cohabitation, so QC could not just suddenly say if you apply through QC you only need 6 months cohabitation. Certain rules must be followed for every province.

But yes, we will see for sure when the new forms are released tomorrow.