Recvd on JUN 09,2014 CPC-MISSISSAUGA.
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
Approved by CPC-MISSISSAUGA nd file trfd. to CPC-Ottawa on April 14,2016
Med's Request
received vide email dated June 30,2016.
Med's Done....
AS on July 21 nd information sent to CPC-Ottawa on July 26,Medical results recvd. line in ecas visible
Interview........
expecting waiver
Passport Req..
Email dtd. Oct.20,2016 recvd. for submission of PPTS nd submitted on Oct. 24, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Docs recvd. on Aug 07,2016
LANDED..........
With God blessings, landed with my spouse at Calgary on April 26,2017.
Hello,
I really appreciate the inputs u ALL are providing in the thread.
I have some confusions . COULD u please help me get rid of them ?

1.My parent(S) live in India. i WANT TO sponsor my father i the capacity of PA.My mother will be accompanying member.Should I have to fill IMM 1344, mail it to my home country for signature of PA ND THE SAME after the signature be mailed back to me

2. Will IMM 0008,IMM 0008 DEP, IMM5669 AND the documents to meet visa office specific requirements ,as per IMM 3029, be sent in the same pack by me or they are to be sent only after determination of eligibility check is successfully completed at case processing center - Mississauga on my application to sponsor my parent.

I am looking forward to ur reply.
Thanks,
mspjal

petersiddle28

Oct 12, 2013
mspjal said:
Hello,
I really appreciate the inputs u ALL are providing in the thread.
I have some confusions . COULD u please help me get rid of them ?

1.My parent(S) live in India. i WANT TO sponsor my father i the capacity of PA.My mother will be accompanying member.Should I have to fill IMM 1344, mail it to my home country for signature of PA ND THE SAME after the signature be mailed back to me

2. Will IMM 0008,IMM 0008 DEP, IMM5669 AND the documents to meet visa office specific requirements ,as per IMM 3029, be sent in the same pack by me or they are to be sent only after determination of eligibility check is successfully completed at case processing center - Mississauga on my application to sponsor my parent.

I am looking forward to ur reply.
Thanks,
mspjal
Forms aren't out yet

done

Oct 28, 2013
Dear freind members

I will stat by answering the questions

I fill up IMM 1344 from here
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp

I payed 550$ for the application online here
https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/orderSummary.do

When I called immigration QC I spoked to a lady and that what she told.
you don't need to prove 3 years of income, you need to satisfy QC requirement.
I asked her again and she said the same thing. she didn't mention one year period

My sister in law wants to sponsor her mother, she is QC resident for the last 6 years and has CSQ. I'm just trying to help, my advice was to take a lawyer.

So now I'm totally confuse. How does CIC except payment if the program is not yet open? I payed today with my visa.

Regards

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
done said:
Dear freind members

I will stat by answering the questions

I fill up IMM 1344 from here
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp

I payed 550$ for the application online here
https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/orderSummary.do

When I called immigration QC I spoked to a lady and that what she told.
you don't need to prove 3 years of income, you need to satisfy QC requirement.
I asked her again and she said the same thing. she didn't mention one year period

My sister in law wants to sponsor her mother, she is QC resident for the last 6 years and has CSQ. I'm just trying to help, my advice was to take a lawyer.

So now I'm totally confuse. How does CIC except payment if the program is not yet open? I payed today with my visa.

Regards
Again, the forms are not released yet, so NO call centre rep will be able to confirm any new rules yet.

You need to read here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp
New parent and grandparent sponsorship application forms, guide and information on how to apply will be available on December 31, 2013.

All new applications must be completed using the new forms.

No new applications will be accepted for processing before the program re-opens on January 2, 2014.

To allow for the counting of the cap in a fair and equitable manner, applications must be individually packaged and delivered to CIC’s Case Processing Centre in Mississauga, Ontario exclusively by mail or by courier only.

Fee payment to the Receiver General for Canada will be accepted on or after January 2, 2014 by credit card or certified cheque only.

mspjal

Star Member
Dec 22, 2013
CALGARY
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
n/a
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
Jan 07,2014 ,REACHED cic-m on Jan 10,2014,at 11.30 AM
Doc's Request.
In Process since 22/04/2016
Nomination.....
credit card charged on Jan 25,2014
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
AS on July 21 nd information sent to CPC-Ottawa on July 26,Medical results recvd. line in ecas visible
Interview........
expecting waiver
Passport Req..
Email dtd. Oct.20,2016 recvd. for submission of PPTS nd submitted on Oct. 24, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
@petersiddle,ROB_TO ND OTHERS,

This is in pursuance to my last post.

U are correct, forms shall be uploaded on Dec 31,2013 only.
What I actually wanted to know whether IMM 1344(SPONSORSHIP FORM) ought to be filled by me nd mailed to my father in my home country for getting it countersigned by him.More so, other forms ,such as IMM 0008 ,IMM 0008dep,IMM 5669 ND the information in conformity to Visa OFFICE SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS are to be completed by PA.will the forms completed by PA WITH SUPPORTING DOCS CONSTITUTE THE PACKAGE TO BE SENT BY ME TO CASE PROCESSING CENTER-MISSISSAUGA OR I WILL HAVE TO SEND ONLY THE FORMS COMPLETED BY ME FOR ELIGIBILITY CHECK ON MY APPLICATION ? The forms to be completed by PA SHALL FOLLOW ONLY AFTER SUCCESSFUL CHECK OF my ELIGIBILITY nd they would be sent to the designated visa office in my home country for determination of his(PA) eligibility after having undergone background check,etc.

Could u please through some light on this ?

Thank u so much
Good luck to all!!
mspjal

petersiddle28

Oct 12, 2013
mspjal said:
@ petersiddle,ROB_TO ND OTHERS,

This is in pursuance to my last post.

U are correct, forms shall be uploaded on Dec 31,2013 only.
What I actually wanted to know whether IMM 1344(SPONSORSHIP FORM) ought to be filled by me nd mailed to my father in my home country for getting it countersigned by him.More so, other forms ,such as IMM 0008 ,IMM 0008dep,IMM 5669 ND the information in conformity to Visa OFFICE SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS are to be completed by PA.will the forms completed by PA WITH SUPPORTING DOCS CONSTITUTE THE PACKAGE TO BE SENT BY ME TO CASE PROCESSING CENTER-MISSISSAUGA OR I WILL HAVE TO SEND ONLY THE FORMS COMPLETED BY ME FOR ELIGIBILITY CHECK ON MY APPLICATION ? The forms to be completed by PA SHALL FOLLOW ONLY AFTER SUCCESSFUL CHECK OF my ELIGIBILITY nd they would be sent to the designated visa office in my home country for determination of his(PA) eligibility after having undergone background check,etc.

Could u please through some light on this ?

Thank u so much
Good luck to all!!
mspjal
What I actually wanted to know whether IMM 1344(SPONSORSHIP FORM) ought to be filled by me nd mailed to my father in my home country for getting it countersigned by him
Yes, but this will take time so better to fax, and you print back in color printer

More so, other forms ,such as IMM 0008 ,IMM 0008dep,IMM 5669 ND the information in conformity to Visa OFFICE SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS are to be completed by PA
Yes, once approved, these are the forms ( atleast from what I have read ) but again NEW forms might have diff specifics

ill the forms completed by PA WITH SUPPORTING DOCS CONSTITUTE THE PACKAGE TO BE SENT BY ME TO CASE PROCESSING CENTER-MISSISSAUGA OR I WILL HAVE TO SEND ONLY THE FORMS COMPLETED BY ME FOR ELIGIBILITY CHECK ON MY APPLICATION ? The forms to be completed by PA SHALL FOLLOW ONLY AFTER SUCCESSFUL CHECK OF my ELIGIBILITY nd they would be sent to the designated visa office in my home country for determination of his(PA) eligibility after having undergone background check,etc.
I wish you have broken down your question, but IIRC - its only after successful selection

..better to ask in main parents forum, lot of ppl experienced in this

mspjal

Star Member
Dec 22, 2013
CALGARY
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
n/a
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
Jan 07,2014 ,REACHED cic-m on Jan 10,2014,at 11.30 AM
Doc's Request.
In Process since 22/04/2016
Nomination.....
credit card charged on Jan 25,2014
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
expecting waiver
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
petersiddle28 said:
What I actually wanted to know whether IMM 1344(SPONSORSHIP FORM) ought to be filled by me nd mailed to my father in my home country for getting it countersigned by him
Yes, but this will take time so better to fax, and you print back in color printer

More so, other forms ,such as IMM 0008 ,IMM 0008dep,IMM 5669 ND the information in conformity to Visa OFFICE SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS are to be completed by PA
Yes, once approved, these are the forms ( atleast from what I have read ) but again NEW forms might have diff specifics

ill the forms completed by PA WITH SUPPORTING DOCS CONSTITUTE THE PACKAGE TO BE SENT BY ME TO CASE PROCESSING CENTER-MISSISSAUGA OR I WILL HAVE TO SEND ONLY THE FORMS COMPLETED BY ME FOR ELIGIBILITY CHECK ON MY APPLICATION ? The forms to be completed by PA SHALL FOLLOW ONLY AFTER SUCCESSFUL CHECK OF my ELIGIBILITY nd they would be sent to the designated visa office in my home country for determination of his(PA) eligibility after having undergone background check,etc.
I wish you have broken down your question, but IIRC - its only after successful selection

..better to ask in main parents forum, lot of ppl experienced in this
petersiddle,

Thank u immensely for providing me the necessary information.
If we go by IMM 5287(DOC CHECK LIST), it is absolutely clear as to what forms/docs are to be sent to case processing center-MISSISSAUGA,pending other docs to be completed nd consigned by the sponsored parent to the designated VO in the sponsor's home country.This is what the present format depicts. However, the new guide lines may have some different instructions.
I FEEL OBLIGED FOR UR KIND HELP.

God bless u nd ur family !!!

mspjal

mssga

Dec 31, 2013
It is 8:40 am now on dec 31 and forms are still not available for the parent and grandparent sponsorship. I called the cic office at 8am they said they don't know either but they are supposed to be available some time today. Wondering if anyone has found any other info anywhere else?

mssga

Dec 31, 2013
there is something new on the website but still not working. under 'forms and guides', sponsor your family (from inside canada) they have a parents and grandparents category labelled 'new'. but it still takes you to 'web page not found - error 404' - just like the old one.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
If you are going to sponsor parents or grandparents, you are going to have to learn to be patient. Now would be a good time to start...

done

Oct 28, 2013
Important: The gouvernement du Québec establishes the scales used to evaluate the financial capacity of sponsors residing in Québec and to determine the length of the undertaking.

Consequently, measures issued by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) to modify the scales used to evaluate sponsors’ financial capacity or the duration of the sponsorship undertaking will not apply to Québec sponsors or people sponsored by them.

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/EN/IMMIGRATE-SETTLE/sponsors-sponsored/index.html

kittylona

Nov 5, 2011
Friends,

I was reading the new application package. Looks like if we have to submit applications starting Jan 2,2014- all we need are the NOAs or Option Cs for 2010,2011 & 2012. We don't have to wait for 2013 tax filing.I am looking at the "Federal Income Table for Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship".

Based on the above could you please share your thoughts:
We don't need 2013 NOA?
Also the $ figures shown in the "Federal Income Table for Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship" are LICO + 30% ..right?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
kittylona said:
Friends,

I was reading the new application package. Looks like if we have to submit applications starting Jan 2,2014- all we need are the NOAs or Option Cs for 2010,2011 & 2012. We don't have to wait for 2013 tax filing.I am looking at the "Federal Income Table for Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship".

Based on the above could you please share your thoughts:
We don't need 2013 NOA?
Also the $ figures shown in the "Federal Income Table for Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship" are LICO + 30% ..right?
Correct - you need to supply 2010, 2011 and 2012 only. The LICO amounts required for each year can be found here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5772ETOC.asp