+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

sponsorship cancellation

saika

Apr 4, 2014
My husband suddenly cancelled my sponsorship saying that he doesn't want me to come to Canada. Now what I want to know is, how long it takes to cancel sponsorship? You just send an email and they mail you back that the sponsorship has been cancelled? Does it take a day only?

M

mikeymyke

I would assume it takes just a few days to cancel, because status changes are a high priority for CIC, and they will respond to them quickly, more so than status requests.

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
I don't think it really matters at this point, does it? If he's cancelling the sponsorship, then he's cancelling it. I don't see why it makes a big difference if CIC officially cancels it on Tuesday, or a month from then.

saika

Apr 4, 2014
obviously it matters! he's talking about divorce and all, i'm suspecting that something odds happening there, that's why i needed to know the specific time period of it!

M

mikeymyke

saika said:
obviously it matters! he's talking about divorce and all, i'm suspecting that something odds happening there, that's why i needed to know the specific time period of it!
No she's right, it doesn't matter. As soon as he informs CIC he wants to end the sponsorship, whether it takes 1 month for CIC to cancel your application or 1 day, you will not get PR. Even if after you get PR, and he decides to divorce, you will lose your PR anyway because you will not satisfy the conditional 2 year PR requirement.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
saika said:
If he is talking about divorce and cancelling your sponsorship, then you aren't going to receive your PR Visa, so it really becomes irrelevant what his reasons are. He is not likely to tell you exactly what they are and even if he does, there really is not much you can do about the situation. I am sorry for you that you have to hear about loosing your relationship with your husband this way, but how long it takes to cancel your sponsorship really is not relevant. Once he has submitted his request to cancel, it is done. It might take CIC a week or a month to finalize all the paperwork on their side of the coin, but once your husband requests the cancellation, it is over. There is no going back.

If, as you suspect, something else odd is going on, and he changes his mind, you will have to start a new application and begin again from the start like everyone else.