+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring wife - what details of family members ?

salmankhan

Mar 4, 2009
Hi,
I am a canadian PR and sponsoring my wife outside canada. When filling the for IMM008 Generic on page 2 they are asking about Details of Family Members.

1 - As she is the only one applying as principal applicant So Does she need to include me in their as Spouse ?
2 - If yes then the question Will accompany you to canada will be No or Yes? As i am already in canada.

As the instructions said "You must provide the following details about each of your family members, whether they will be accompanying you to Canada or not. You must include your spouse or common law partner if applicable, and all of your dependent children , and those of your spouse or common law partner, who are not already permanent residents or citizen of canada"

Thanks,

Boncuk

Nov 15, 2008
You just answered your own question
As the instructions said "You must provide the following details about each of your family members, whether they will be accompanying you to Canada or not. You must include your spouse or common law partner if applicable, and all of your dependent children , and those of your spouse or common law partner, who are not already permanent residents or citizen of canada"

You are a permanent resident so you don't need to be on it. You are the one sponsoring her.

hirenkarishma

Mar 17, 2009
Boncuk said:
You just answered your own question

You are a permanent resident so you don't need to be on it. You are the one sponsoring her.
yeah its true

lisa_joanne_uk

Star Member
Apr 11, 2009
UK
salmankhan said:
Hi,
    I am a canadian PR and sponsoring my wife outside canada. When filling the for IMM008 Generic on page 2 they are asking about Details of Family Members.

1 - As she is the only one applying as principal applicant So Does she need to include me in their as Spouse ?
2 - If yes then the question Will accompany you to canada will be No or Yes? As i am already in canada.

Thanks,

I got a bit confused with that question at first too. Because you are her spouse the question is not applicable unless she has children, then you need to put there details :)

mitzib47

Nov 5, 2012
so just to clarify, i am trying to sponsor only my husband and we have no children together, so who am i adding as a dpendent? myself or my husband? or no one at all i can leave that part of the application blank? thanks

Snehan

Star Member
Sep 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-06-2015
AOR Received.
12-08-2015
Med's Done....
Passed (20-08-2015)
Interview........
Not asked Yet
Passport Req..
18-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2015
LANDED..........
12-02-2016
Hi folks,

1. If my wife is not accompanying me this time then can i sponsor her later on so that she can migrate ?
2. If yes then how much time it will take for her to get the visa if i sponsor her ? (My visa office will be Singapore)
3. Can she visit Canada with any other visa before she migrates ?

Please suggest urgently.