20 Aug 2010
File Transfer...
20 Aug 2010
Passport Req..
09 Sep 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Still waiting......
Hi All

I m new to this site. I hope to get my questions clarified soon so that I can go ahead and file my application.

I hold Canadian PR since June 2009. I never lived in Canada before and after getting my PR (I was living in Germany before when i applied for my PR and now in India since 2008 till date). I work for an International MNC in India since 2008. I got married in 2009 July. Here are my questions.

1. I got an onsite opportunity for atleast 2 years in Canada. I will be going in July and I would like to sponsor my wife. Since I have never lived/worked in Canada, I did not file any tax return. So how can I provide the proof for OPTION C? Can I still go ahead and get Option C though nothing would be in there? or write a letter? I Will have my first pay int he month of July when I work in Canada with the Client. Can I still go ahead and apply in July though I dont have my first pay slip or Do I need to Produce my 12 month paystubs from India? Do I also need a letter from my employer/client and would that suffice? I m confused on qns 17,18,19.

2. Which other financial proof is required for successful processing of my Wife's application?

3. I will be going for the Outside canada application option. How quickly would the file be processed?

I look forward for your answers. Especially question 1. Pls advice.

Look to hear from soon, Thanks, V

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
vinjovi555 said:
1. Since I have never lived/worked in Canada, I did not file any tax return. So how can I provide the proof for OPTION C? Can I still go ahead and get Option C though nothing would be in there? or write a letter? I Will have my first pay int he month of July when I work in Canada with the Client. Can I still go ahead and apply in July though I dont have my first pay slip or Do I need to Produce my 12 month paystubs from India? Do I also need a letter from my employer/client and would that suffice?
The Option C is not 100% necessary. If you don't have one, just write a letter explaining why and include it in the application. Any proof in lieu of the Option C is good. I would write a letter explaining the situation, include the 12 months of pay stubs from India, a letter from your employer/client, and proof of your monthly pay in Canada - if you submit before you get your first pay slip, the info can be included in the letter from your employer.
2. Which other financial proof is required for successful processing of my Wife's application?
What you have is enough. You don't actually need any income or job to sponsor a spouse (unless you're going to Quebec.)
3. I will be going for the Outside canada application option. How quickly would the file be processed?
The application will spend about 45 days being processed in Canada, and then will be sent to New Delhi, where most applications take from 2 months to 6 months.

vinjovi555

Star Member
Jun 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 July 2010 @ Missisauga
AOR Received.
20 Aug 2010
File Transfer...
20 Aug 2010
Passport Req..
09 Sep 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Still waiting......
Hi Canadian Women.. Wonderful to see a spontaneous reply. Really appreciate it. Thanks!!

Do you think that I can still get the Option C from the Revenue Department? I have my SIN and can they generate one for me? (Though it would be ideally blank, I would still like to enclose it in my application which can potentially show the VO that I dont have any liabilities to the government.. Ofcourse I will write a letter clearly explaining my case but just wanted to include this Option C as well.. What do you think? Can I get one?

Thanks once again for your time in answering my questions.

Best wishes

V

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
I think you have to file your Canadian income taxes before you can get one.

britincanada

Apr 15, 2010
Hamilton Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2010
Doc's Request.
WAIVED
AOR Received.
31-07-2010
File Transfer...
29-06-2010
Med's Done....
22-03-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
26-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2010
LANDED..........
29-09-2010
You need to have filed an income tax to get an Option C Printout...

You should include a copy of the letter of Employment in Canada and write CIC a letter explaining that you have not yet lived in Canada...

When you applied for PR yourself where you with your spouse?? And did you include her on the additional family form?? This could pose a problem if you did not tell CIC you were in a relationship before PR was issued in June 2009...

vinjovi555

Star Member
Jun 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
20 Aug 2010
File Transfer...
20 Aug 2010
Passport Req..
09 Sep 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Still waiting......
Thanks for your replies Canadian Women and BritinCanada. I will include a covering letter in my application. Just curious to know so when exactly can someone file IT in Canada? What is the process when I start working in July and I get my pay in July? When can I file for Income Tax in my case? Dont know much about Canadian rules and regulations.

BritinCanada--> No I was not married to her nor met her when I got my Permanent Residence. I got married to her in late 2009 (after I have received my PR). I got my PR in June 2009. Mine is an arranged marriage in India.. Would this be any problem? Please guide me.

Look to hear from you guys

Thanks and best wishes

V

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Your employer will take income tax off your pay every time you get paid. You then file your income tax return in April. So your income tax return that includes your July 2010 income will be filed by April 30, 2011.

Arranged marriges are fine for getting a PR visa. It's best if the arranged marriage followed the norms of your culture as closely as possible. For example, arranged marriages are normal in India, but ordinarily the families of the bride and groom investigate the prospective spouse's background; the couple will be similar in age, education, marital history, social background, etc.; there will be an elaborate wedding celebration with lots of guests. If your marriage was like this, expect no problems.

britincanada

Apr 15, 2010
Hamilton Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2010
Doc's Request.
WAIVED
AOR Received.
31-07-2010
File Transfer...
29-06-2010
Med's Done....
22-03-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
26-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2010
LANDED..........
29-09-2010
I agree with Canadianwoman..If you had an arranged marriage in India then you should be fine, CIC accommodates customs and traditions of each and every country with the Spouse PR applications.. :) Good Luck with your application..

Make sure your wife gets a police check, medicals done before hand and you pay all the fees upfront $1040.00 for a speedy process!

vinjovi555

Star Member
Jun 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
20 Aug 2010
File Transfer...
20 Aug 2010
Passport Req..
09 Sep 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Still waiting......
Dear Canadian Women and Britin Canada

Thanks for your response. You guys have been great guiding me in a proper way.

Yes mine was exactly like what Canadian Women had mentioned. There were background checks, We are of more or less the same age (she is 3 years younger to me) etc.. and there was elaborate wedding celebration for 3 days where more than 400 guests have attended. So I believe I m on the safer side as per your version 

Canadian Women—>So canadianwomen, one can get OPTION C only in April every year? Say for example I start working in July 2010 and pay my taxes and would like to have Option C in e.g. October 2010.. Would that be possible? (Option C for 4 months or so)?

Canadianwomen, is there any specific format I need to get the letter from my employer? What should be the content in the certificate..so that the Visa officer considers it..? I have received an online offer of employment from my employer in canada where only digital signature is there. Is this applicable?

BritinCanada: Thanks a lot for your wishes. We are in the process of getting the police check (Which is really a pain here in India..time consuming process) and Medicals done so that I can file her application as early possible in the first/second week of July (i will be in Canada in 1st week of July). Yes I will make sure that I will pay the fees upfront.

I hope they process the application in smooth and speedy fashion..

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
vinjovi555 said:
There were background checks, We are of more or less the same age (she is 3 years younger to me) etc.. and there was elaborate wedding celebration for 3 days where more than 400 guests have attended.
This sounds great. You should have no problem because of an arranged marriage.
So canadianwomen, one can get OPTION C only in April every year? Say for example I start working in July 2010 and pay my taxes and would like to have Option C in e.g. October 2010.. Would that be possible? (Option C for 4 months or so)?
I don't think so. The employer takes tax off your pay evey pay period, but you don't actually file your income tax return until April. You don't need an Option C, though, in your case, so I wouldn't worry about it. Just explain why you don't have one and include proof.
Canadianwomen, is there any specific format I need to get the letter from my employer? What should be the content in the certificate..so that the Visa officer considers it..? I have received an online offer of employment from my employer in canada where only digital signature is there. Is this applicable?
Since you haven't started working yet in Canada, this job offer is fine. Once you start working, the letter from the employer should include your hours of work per week, when you started working there, your job title, and your pay.

From what you've told us, it sounds like your application shouldn't have any problems.

vinjovi555

Star Member
Jun 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
20 Aug 2010
File Transfer...
20 Aug 2010
Passport Req..
09 Sep 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Still waiting......
Thanks a lot Canadian Women and BritinCanada.. I hope there wouldnt be any problem for my application and it is processed quickly so that my wife can join me ASAP. it is indeed pain to be so far away for so long time.. :(

vinjovi555

Star Member
Jun 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
20 Aug 2010
File Transfer...
20 Aug 2010
Passport Req..
09 Sep 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Still waiting......
Hi CanadianWomen, Britin Canada..

Need your help! My wife will be going for her medicals on Monday with the Designated practitioner in India. On the Appendix C form for medical in question 3 it is mentioned as "Visa Office that will be processing the file". I will be processing her application via outside canada option (spouse in India). Should she mention Missisauga or New Delhi in that column?.. Bit confused. Pls guide me..

Look to hear from you soon

Thanks, V

vinjovi555

Star Member
Jun 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
20 Aug 2010
File Transfer...
20 Aug 2010
Passport Req..
09 Sep 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Still waiting......
Re: Sponsoring my wife ONLY- IMM 0008 bullet 9

Hi Guys.. another question which popped up for my wife while filling the IMM 008 Background/declaration..your answers will be highly appreciated:

I m in the process of filing application for my spouse PR. In IMM 008 form (background/declaration) in question 9 it states:

Have you or it you are the principal applicant, any of your family members listed in your application for permanent residence in canada ever:

* Previously sought refugee status in canada or applied for canadian immigrant or permanent resident visa or visitor or temporary visa?
* been refused refugee status in or an immigrant or Permanent resident visa or visitor or temporary resident visa to, canada or any other country
they say- If your answer to any of the questions is YES, provide details below..

I got an offer through my IT company in India to go to Canada and I have PR. I had applied for a visitor visa for my spouse and it was rejected. the visa officer mentioned the reason as " since your spouse is a PR in canada, he needs to sponsor you for your PR"

So in this case are the bullets applicable for my spouse as her visitor visa is rejected? if yes please guide me on waht to write in the details section below.. can she mention the same what the visa officer had given the reason?

look to hear from you guys..

thanks and best wishes

V

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
vinjovi555 said:
My wife will be going for her medicals on Monday with the Designated practitioner in India. On the Appendix C form for medical in question 3 it is mentioned as "Visa Office that will be processing the file". I will be processing her application via outside canada option (spouse in India). Should she mention Missisauga or New Delhi in that column?
Put New Delhi.