+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

sponsoring my thai wife

farangbob

Oct 28, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone, I am new here and need all the help I can get. I am in the process of completing my forms to sponsor my wife presently living in Thailand, I am a cdn citizen, but unfortunately living in Quebec. It seems as if I sort of have to go through two border crossings!
I am filling in the forms for my wifes side, as best as I could, for example where the form asks for street, number, city, town, since she lives in a village, her address does not have a number , street or town. and it is not a post office box either. I am wondering what the correct format is to put in the boxes provided??? Upon completion of her forms, they ask for her signature. I was wondering if Sending her the page for the signature electronically, and whether cdn immigration accepts, a fax signed document, or an original ink signed paper??
Thanks for the help

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
The correct format is the same as if you were to send her a parcel or a letter. You may wish to have her appoint you as an authorized representative, otherwise CIC won't speak to you concerning her application.
We did so, although we ended up not needing it and don't regret it. It's only one additional form.

You must submit an original ink sign paper. You can complete what's necessary electronically, she prints and signs, and then sends it to you to submit with your application to sponsor.

Christoph100

Jun 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2014
Doc's Request.
23-09-2014 Rcvd 27-09-2014, 29-09-2014
AOR Received.
SA :04-09-2014
File Transfer...
04-09-2014 AOR2 09-23-2014
Med's Done....
05-07-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-04-2015 Validity-10-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2015
LANDED..........
31-05-2015
Is there not a number corresponding to her district that she is in that identifies the village area?
Have you ever sent anything to her by mail?
You can always ask your wife what her resident address is and her mailing address as it could be different.

Filling out the forms can be daunting however just take your time and double check everything you do.
As stated already the forms that your wife needs to sign must be signed in original ink.

Has your wife already completed and received her Police check certificate from the Royal Thai?

If your able to it may be better to actually fly over for a month to help prepare the documents.
I had done that for us, I had flown over and we did as much as we possibly could while I was there.
The Royal Thai even wanted a copy of my passport that I signed in front of them too when my wife applied for her PCC.

Chris

farangbob

Oct 28, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Christoph100 said:
Is there not a number corresponding to her district that she is in that identifies the village area?
Have you ever sent anything to her by mail?
You can always ask your wife what her resident address is and her mailing address as it could be different.

Filling out the forms can be daunting however just take your time and double check everything you do.
As stated already the forms that your wife needs to sign must be signed in original ink.

Has your wife already completed and received her Police check certificate from the Royal Thai?

If your able to it may be better to actually fly over for a month to help prepare the documents.
I had done that for us, I had flown over and we did as much as we possibly could while I was there.
The Royal Thai even wanted a copy of my passport that I signed in front of them too when my wife applied for her PCC.

Chris
I had never sent my wife anything by mail, I've been given a number with several words, will try to use that as street number. She is going for the medical this week to a hospital authorized by Cda immigration. For the Police check, I read that I should wait for a letter from Imm. Cda, Tks

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
Read where?

The PCC's are to be included with your application.

Awesomeg

Mar 2, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 13/2014
Doc's Request.
24-07-2014
AOR Received.
19-03-2014
Med's Done....
27-01-2014....Remeds 13-03-15
Interview........
"Waived" In Process August 19-2014
Passport Req..
July 24-2014.
VISA ISSUED...
DM after almost 15 months of waiting, April 20/15
LANDED..........
15-05-2015 Finally... together...
farangbob said:
I had never sent my wife anything by mail, I've been given a number with several words, will try to use that as street number. She is going for the medical this week to a hospital authorized by Cda immigration. For the Police check, I read that I should wait for a letter from Imm. Cda, Tks
Your file need to be complete when you send it...
Medicals can wait for later, also the payment of the right of landing,
but all other documents need to be submitted to get sponsor approval.

Apply for residence is not an easy task, but there are things that you can not change,
the suggestion of you traveling there to help to get all papers in order is a good suggestion.
If you fail to submit all documents required your application is going to be sent back to you
for you to complete all requirements and send again. That is a waste of time.

Regarding signatures, all signatures need to be original, not from fax or electronic transmitted document.

I would suggest if you can wait for the medicals to be requested by the embassy will be better for both of you.

But other documents need to be submitted.

Good luck

farangbob

Oct 28, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
truesmile said:
Read where?

The PCC's are to be included with your application.
seems there was a revision jan 29, 2015. for Thailand, and we must receive a letter from Cda immigration

Christoph100

Jun 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
05-07-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2015
LANDED..........
31-05-2015
farangbob said:
seems there was a revision jan 29, 2015. for Thailand, and we must receive a letter from Cda immigration
Where did you see this ? provide a link plse.

By the way the Royal Thai like to tell you that they need a letter to apply for the PCC where as Canada does not require this to be done. Your wife will have to be persistent with them and let them know its for a Visa to Canada. As I am sure you know the Thais like paperwork. Your wife should bring the original Thai marriage certificate along with a few photo copies, the copies should be signed by both you and your wife. She will also have to provide her Thai ID and of course copies signed. She should also bring her passport and photo copies of the information page and copies signed. She will most likely need to have this done at the main Royal Thai Police Offices in Bangkok, If i remember correctly located in Silom right across from the mall. It will take roughly 1 month for her to receive it. That will give you about 2mths to send in the application.

There is always the chance that the Royal Thai may refuse to have the PCC done if the spouse (meaning you) are not present with your wife when she attempts to apply for it. They like to see the foreign spouse in person along with passport and to sign the photo copies of it in front of them.

I say this from personal experience as we went through this, my wife's first visit she was not permitted to apply she was immediately asked "where is your husband? he must be here"

Be prepared for a possible trip to Thailand.

Chris.

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
Christoph100 said:
Where did you see this ? provide a link plse.

By the way the Royal Thai like to tell you that they need a letter to apply for the PCC where as Canada does not require this to be done. Your wife will have to be persistent with them and let them know its for a Visa to Canada. As I am sure you know the Thais like paperwork. Your wife should bring the original Thai marriage certificate along with a few photo copies, the copies should be signed by both you and your wife. She will also have to provide her Thai ID and of course copies signed. She should also bring her passport and photo copies of the information page and copies signed. She will most likely need to have this done at the main Royal Thai Police Offices in Bangkok, If i remember correctly located in Silom right across from the mall. It will take roughly 1 month for her to receive it. That will give you about 2mths to send in the application.

There is always the chance that the Royal Thai may refuse to have the PCC done if the spouse (meaning you) are not present with your wife when she attempts to apply for it. They like to see the foreign spouse in person along with passport and to sign the photo copies of it in front of them.

I say this from personal experience as we went through this, my wife's first visit she was not permitted to apply she was immediately asked "where is your husband? he must be here"

Be prepared for a possible trip to Thailand.

Chris.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/thailand.asp

How to obtain a police certificate - Thailand
Do I need to provide a Police Certificate with my Application for Permanent Residence? No. Citizenship and Immigration Canada will send you a letter requesting a police certificate after you send your Application for Permanent Residence. You must bring that letter when you apply for a Police Certificate.

Name of document(s) to get: Police Certificate
Updated January 29, 2015.

Christoph100

Jun 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
05-07-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2015
LANDED..........
31-05-2015
MilesAway said:
How to obtain a police certificate - Thailand
Do I need to provide a Police Certificate with my Application for Permanent Residence? No. Citizenship and Immigration Canada will send you a letter requesting a police certificate after you send your Application for Permanent Residence. You must bring that letter when you apply for a Police Certificate.

Name of document(s) to get: Police Certificate
Updated January 29, 2015.
Thanks that is very nice change to see. Should help eliminate the procedures that we went through.

Chris