+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring husband from Iraq

Jan 25, 2009
I have a question and would appreciate if someone can reply that went through this or knows what steps to take.

I travelled to Syria in March to marry my husband, we stayed there for a month, took awhile to submit the application as we were waiting awhile for papers from ministry of health and one from justice department. I assume I had all the information they would need, alot of pictures, alot of emails exchange between me and him and change of names on bank account, copy of itineary, house hold bills. etc.. Paid the fee online and sent them the receipt also.

Yesterday I went online and check the status on the application for the first time and it showed finally. I think it states that the application is being returned.

I know I should wait for their letter in the mail to see what the reason for returning the application. I hope its nothing and can be fix right away.

I wanted to ask if its possible to apply for temp visa while we resend the sponsorship application and if possible would we need another clearance from the ministry of health and clearance of criminal record again to send for temp visa? or can we use the same?

The bottom part is from the CIC website

Thanks

We received your application to sponsor xxxxx xxxxx xxxxxx on July 9, 2009.

We started processing your application on August 10, 2009.

We returned your application with a letter on August 10, 2009. You may re-apply or resubmit your application when the information requested is provided. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

mr.lonely

Aug 3, 2009
hi 0503...u can submit to TRV along with the PRV it is ok ....they need original police clearence so yes u have to do another one for the TRV....

resubmit ur PR application..... u should know that application for sponsoring family memeber from IRAQ have a priority process now so be sure that u paid all fees and submit everything to avoid any delay......please let me make a suggestion to you when ur application return to you and you fix the problem before u send it back again write on the envlope (situation in iraq)....pepole did that and get the primary approval within 4 days only!!...here is a link that may help u to understand http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/faq/immigrate/sponsor/index.asp.....good luck.

hickins

Sep 12, 2009
question is for mr.lonely,

I have applied for my parents, and my wife applied for hers and we both got sponsorship application approved in 1 week under situation in iraq priority processing, and now that our parents sent their PR application to Damascus case processing center, I haven't hear anything from them, as last thing I have is that they started processing in Sept 1st.

Do you actually know people had their approval in 4 days? please give more info.

Thanks