+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

sponsor question

brig

Jul 21, 2010
my brother is applying for study permit in Delhi for Masters in Mechanical Engineering.
I am the older brother a permanent resident in US.
Do anyone think it will be a problem if I be a co-sponsor along with our parents?
Would they consider him as a potential immigrant if they see the brother settled in US?

bhavik_gem

Nov 4, 2012
Hey..

It seems you didn't get any response from this post. But I would like to know what did you finally do for sponsoring your brother?
I have the same situation. I am in India, I want to study in Canada and my brother is in USA. Can he be my sponsor? Would that have any negative effect on my VISA application acceptance?

Kindly reply at the earliest and it will help resolve a lot of my queries.

Thanks.

vinitmenon

Nov 1, 2012
check my reply:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/sponsor-as-brother-currently-residing-in-usa-good-idea-or-bad-idea-t123579.0.html

bhavik_gem

Nov 4, 2012
Thanks a lot to all of you for your informative posts. I didn't show my brother as a sponsor. I paid my fees for teh 1 year program in full and did a GIC with ScotiaBank for the requisite amount. I got the VISA on 13th-Dec and I am leaving on 29th-Dec, for George Brown College. The program is T403 - Construction Management. My wife is accompanying me as a Dependent and we plan to apply for her SOWP (Spouse Open Work Permit) after landing there.

Regards.