+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsership

dvd365

Jul 2, 2024
Hello. I live in Canada and I am sponsering my 11-year-old daughter who is in Iran. Today I received a rejection letter because I had mistakenly not entered her name in the IMM0008 form at the time of my immigration. Of course, her name is in the rest of the forms. I have 30 days to protest. Can something be done?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello. I live in Canada and I am sponsering my 11-year-old daughter who is in Iran. Today I received a rejection letter because I had mistakenly not entered her name in the IMM0008 form at the time of my immigration. Of course, her name is in the rest of the forms. I have 30 days to protest. Can something be done?
Are you saying that you did not declare her in your PR application when you immigrated? Did she complete a medical as part of your PR application?

How did you obtain PR? Through which program?

dvd365

Jul 2, 2024
I just did not add his name in the imm0008 form and the immigration officer said that I did not declare him in my file. At the time of my immigration, he was not asked for medical examinations. But in the current sponsorship case, a medical examination was requested, which was done. I have migrated through skilled worker (economic).

Flyingfast

Feb 9, 2022
I just did not add his name in the imm0008 form and the immigration officer said that I did not declare him in my file. At the time of my immigration, he was not asked for medical examinations. But in the current sponsorship case, a medical examination was requested, which was done. I have migrated through skilled worker (economic).
Unfortunately, you can never sponsor your daughter as a result of not including her on imm0008 form

Reactions: YVR123 and Naturgrl

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
This means you did not properly declare your daughter in your PR application. Your daughter was required to be listed as a dependent in your PR application and to go through a medical as part of your original economic immigration application. Since this didn't happen and you didn't properly list her in your application, you can never sponsor her for PR.

I would recommend you get advice from a lawyer but there likely isn't much that can be done about this situation.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Where _exactly_ is her name in the the other forms you refer to?

As others noted, a non-disclosed spouse or child cannot be sponsored in future.

I'm not saying it is a good chance, but there may be a possibility that you having shown the daughter on other forms would make it possible to avoid the lifetime ban, on basis that was clearly in error. (Note in some other cases seen here, IRCC has paused the PR application and required the parent to add children disclosed elsewhere - which for whatever reason didn't happen here).

If indeed you have disclosed her on other forms, then seeing a lawyer at least for a consultation may be worthwhile.

Again, though, I'm not suggesting that it is certain that this defence will work.

Amiah_world

Star Member
Nov 17, 2023
Why would anyone not add their child names on their application, something doesn’t add up and that’s why they rejected your application. These are simply not mistakes that adults make, you better fight as hard if this is really your child because there’s no way I missed not putting her name on the first time of you loved this child and had intentions of ever getting her to Canada. This is all on you.

Reactions: dvd365

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I'm not saying it is a good chance, but there may be a possibility that you having shown the daughter on other forms would make it possible to avoid the lifetime ban, on basis that was clearly in error.
To clarify: "in error" or more accurately that the child WAS disclosed on other forms, just not the IMM0008. This may depend on which other forms/where she was mentioned or left out.

Also note that if you got rejection letter, there is likely a deadline there - number of days within which you can appeal.