+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponcering second wife from Pakistan

ali_ ZAHWA

May 3, 2010
I did sponcer my Ex-wife when she came canada. After some months we figure out we cant live to geather. Almost after a year i went karachi pakistan gave her divorce acording to pakistani LAW and got divorce paper.
Because i was in pakistan so i again did marraige in Pakistan in (2007)after 2 weeks of my divorce.
then i came back and applied for my new wife and mississauga office approved my application and gave me time of 9 month that time is almost completed. my ex-wife is still in canada.
i visited 2 times after my marriage. my wife gave a birth of baby boy. I already add my baby on my file with passport pictures and medical.

MY question is does it going to effect for the immigration of my new wife and my baby boy because of second marriage ?

how long usually it takes for second wife to get in to canada?

Is there any chances of refusel of canadain visa of my new wife?

please if any body have info let me know

thanks

8bitviking

May 15, 2010
Am I correct in understanding that you went back to Pakistan (just?) to divorce your ex-wife and to marry another woman, within a matter of two weeks? This is certainly questionable behaviour and will no doubt raise red flags with the application. You might have divorced your ex according to Pakistani law, but you are a resident of Canada now so you should start thinking like one and do things accordingly to Canadian law - ie. the divorce of your ex.

Having said this I sincerely hope you are able to obtain a residency for the sake of your son, although you may want to think about your options should the application not be approved. You may also want to seek the advice of an immigration lawyer to maximise your chances of success.

I

iarblue

You posted this same question about a month ago we all answered you then.
Of course your app is going to be looked at very strongly,all we can tell you is that you write a long letter explaining yourself and your decisions.And we also told you you are canadian and that you were in canada and know in canada as to being married to this ex wife of yours and you may not yet be recgonized as divorced in canada.
Also we told you that of course they might highly not give you a visa for your second wife as you were only in packistan for two weeks and got married.
You can be almost certain of an interview with immigration and be very carefull because if they get suspicous that you are bringing women here and divorcing them just so they get in the country you yourself may see that you are sent out.
We can not tell you what an immigration offical may think only they can all we can tell you is that you are in for a long wait.

B

buddhadimple

My advice would be to not only be very careful, but to start trying to find a balance between your own culture and Canadian culture. Generally speaking, the 'West' isn't very tolerant on "wife shopping" or arranged marriage in general - especially when the partner is in another country and has no experience of Canadian culture either (ie. the language, etc). A lot of people worry that these partners, especially women, are in potential danger as, in the opinion of western culture, these women are moving in with someone they don't know into a country to which they've never been, and are living under a roof surrounded by people whose language she doesn't speak.

Citizenship and Immigration Canada are asking the government to give them more power to refuse suspicious arranged marriages too. This article is from 3 May 2010: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/toronto/story/2010/05/03/arranged-marriages.html

The CIC wants to target marriages of convenience. The fact that you divorced your wife as soon as your obligation to her through your sponsorship ended, and did it in Pakistan (not in Canada) in a 2 week period while also "picking up" another wife to bring over not only sounds like it was done as a matter of convenience but also that there's nothing stopping you from divorcing her too in a couple years. And if the CIC put pressure on you not to divorce this one, there is (to me) the unfortunate decision, based on precedence, whether she would be in any danger should you want to end the relationship. The rights of women in Canada are far different from the rights of women in Pakistan and other eastern countries, and unfortunately that stark contrast can sometimes lead to this possibility having to be considered (I don't know if the CIC do, but they certainly should).

ASyed

Jun 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ISL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 2012
AOR Received.
Dec 2012
File Transfer...
ISL April 2013 then LON May 2014 add doc req May 2014 now PPR1 req April 2015
Med's Request
April 21 2015
Interview........
June 2015
VISA ISSUED...
DENIED VISA on June 22 2015
Hi,
Asslamualikum,

I'm sorry so many of us in Canada are awaiting the arrival of our spouses and here you are making marriage a game. Because of people like you the rest of our Pakistani's are suffering.

Please divorce your first wife in Canada so that you may be able to proceed with sponsorship of second wife.

Pakistan had gone from 28 to 32 months in the last year for spousal sponsorship

ASyed :(

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
Why should the OP stay in marriage that doesn't work? I don't think its fraud, it is just that his marriage didn't work out....

So he married 2nd time, everyone deserves happiness, the child is from 2nd marriage, if i am not mistaken. Think people.

There are bigger frauds in other countries yet their processing times are still short and processing is very fast.
Pakistan/Afghanistan folks are waiting triple times the wait experienced by others in the name of "security".

Anyone happened to check the auditor general's report on CIC/CBSA, seems criminals still manage to enter quicker than spouses.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
@canvas... I couldn't agree more. Also, if the OP could marry legally in Pakistan and it's recognized in Canada. Surely, he can get a divorce there too and it should be recognized in Canada. Becoming a PR or citizen of another country does not mean one should abandon their culture either. The only requirement is to obey the law.

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
I also concur. The OP should expect no trouble whatsoever at all.

"CIC put pressure on <<someone>> NOT to divorce . . . " ??? Are you friggin kidding me?? And the West is quite over-tolerant and supportive of somewhere in and around a 50% divorce ratio.