+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP Processing times

simran_rajhans

Feb 29, 2024
Hi all, my SOWP Application timelines are as follows:

Application Submitted: 24 February 2024
Biometrics Updated: 29 February 2024
(Upfront medical)

Since then, I have not received ANY update. It has been almost 5 months.

Application Status Tracker says:
Biometrics - Completed
Background Verification - In Progress (since 1st March itself..)
Medical exam - not started
Eligibility - not started

Application number series starts with "W3101.."
Spouse is pursuing PhD in Canada, and thus is on Study permit.

Anyone else with similar timeline or file series?
did you or anyone received any update?

bennetteleven

Jul 21, 2019
Can you tell me what documents you submitted for your spouse?
Hi
I know most of the documents were not required, but I choose documents that showed she had strong ties to Cameroon.
- Letter from her employer that puts her and leave and says she will have her job when she returns.
- Her CV and proof of past employment
- Proof of property in Cameroon and plans for how to utilize the property.
- Letter of explanation from my wife in which she explains the importance of us being together and arrangements she has made to for continued running of her projects in Cameroon in her absence.
- Her post graduation diplomas
- Her criminal record check
- My explanation letter in which I told me the history of our relationship and how it is important we are together
- My work permit, My passport, My employment letter with the NOC code and payslips, Bank statement (I had less than 3500CAD)
- proof of relationship (marriage certificate (official and from our church), family booklet, pictures of all marriage ceremonies, communication before and after marriage)

Reactions: max_payne666

simran_rajhans

Feb 29, 2024
Hi,
I applied for SOWP from India on 6th March and my biometrics was done and updated on 12th March.
I did not do upfront medical before submitting my application and after biometrics I haven't received any request for medical exam.
I did fill the "Request for Medical Exam IMEE form".
Since it has been 6 months now, so I have 2 questions -
i) Can i get upfront medical exam now?
ii) Should i wait for the medical request or should I raise a webform?

Thanks in advance!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,
I applied for SOWP from India on 6th March and my biometrics was done and updated on 12th March.
I did not do upfront medical before submitting my application and after biometrics I haven't received any request for medical exam.
I did fill the "Request for Medical Exam IMEE form".
Since it has been 6 months now, so I have 2 questions -
i) Can i get upfront medical exam now?
ii) Should i wait for the medical request or should I raise a webform?

Thanks in advance!
Stop spamming. No one is going to answer your question once you posting the same question over and over.

simran_rajhans

Feb 29, 2024
Stop spamming. No one is going to answer your question once you posting the same question over and over.
Sorry for spamming.. it's being 6 months and my medical is also not done, so I was just trying to get some help. I have deleted it from mostly all posts.
If anyone is aware of this situation, can someone please help?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Sorry for spamming.. it's being 6 months and my medical is also not done, so I was just trying to get some help. I have deleted it from mostly all posts.
If anyone is aware of this situation, can someone please help?
Has your eligibility and background even started? You can do the upfront medical. When does your spouse’s permit expire? Is he on a study permit doing a Masters? If not, that may be why it isn’t being processed. You are not eligible even though you submitted application prior to March 19. IRCC may not even process it. May be easier once spouse is on PGWP.

simran_rajhans

Feb 29, 2024
Has your eligibility and background even started? You can do the upfront medical. When does your spouse’s permit expire? Is he on a study permit doing a Masters? If not, that may be why it isn’t being processed. You are not eligible even though you submitted application prior to March 19. IRCC may not even process it. May be easier once spouse is on PGWP.
Eligibility - Not started (Message showing - "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.")
Background check - In process (Message showing - "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.")
Spouse's study permit expires in Sept'25, he is doing PG.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Eligibility - Not started (Message showing - "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.")
Background check - In process (Message showing - "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.")
Spouse's study permit expires in Sept'25, he is doing PG.
So IRCC has not even started eligibility (opened the file) and probably the reason is because you are no longer eligible. Not much you can do. So program ends in September 2025 or he graduates in May. If graduating in May they may not process. Apply when he has PGWP.

simran_rajhans

Feb 29, 2024
So IRCC has not even started eligibility (opened the file) and probably the reason is because you are no longer eligible. Not much you can do. So program ends in September 2025 or he graduates in May. If graduating in May they may not process. Apply when he has PGWP.
The program will end in May. got it and thanks for the reply!