+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP Processing times

bennetteleven

Jul 21, 2019
To share my timelime
I am on PGWP. I applied for SOWP for the wife. :)

Application submission: 2nd July 2024
Biometric request: same day or the next day
Biometric update: 4th July 2024
Medical update: 12th July 2024 (upfront)
That's when I noticed that eligibility review and background check started. I didn't receive any notification email.
PPR & letter : 31st July 2024 (portal still shows eligibility and backgroundcheckin process)
Applied from Cameroon. Decision from Romania.
We are Christians and our friends and I prayed hard for a quick PPR.
I hope you all have good news soon.

Jay189

Aug 1, 2024
Hi all, asking on someone’s behalf.
Has anyone ever witnessed that Sowp (main applicant) application being processed (still reviewing eligibility) while dependents kids study visa is approved? TIA

maximaxx99

Feb 22, 2022
Faisalabad
Category........
CEC
To share my timelime

That's when I noticed that eligibility review and background check started. I didn't receive any notification email.
PPR & letter : 31st July 2024 (portal still shows eligibility and backgroundcheckin process)
I am quite surprised as Cameroon has a processing time of 29Weeks, and Pakistan has 23Weeks, still you got it in four weeks and mine has no update since three months :LOL

max_payne666

Jul 17, 2024
To share my timelime

Can you tell me what documents you submitted for your spouse?

memolllak

Jun 17, 2022
Hi every one.
I hold both study permit and work permit. study full time in colleges and working fulltime remotely, I want to sponsor my spouse work permit with my status as a fulltime worker. when you want to start an application, there is a question asking if you holds a study permit. if you answer yes to this question, it says you are not eligible to apply for a wp for your spouse because you are a college student. in this case, since i also hold work permit and i want to apply with a worker status, should i answer no to this question?

Brda7780

Aug 7, 2024
Hello,

My husband has applied for SOWP on Feb 21st 2024, his profile shows no update except submission confirmation, his series is 3100 , is it normal? is anyone else of 3100 series?
Hello,

I applied on February 29, 2024 and until today there has been no update and I also have an application with W3100

Any updates to your SOWP application?

aryan2080

Aug 7, 2024
This is stressful:
SOWP for PGWP holder working in Canada in TIER 1 job. Application submitted on April 18 from Nepal. Biometric updated the very next day. Upfront medical done, but even the medical is not updated.
Back then processing time was 16 weeks, now it is 33 weeks (are you serious?). If processing time was this much, I would have applied for visitor visa which would have been quicker and then applied for OWP from inside Canada.
What would be the best option besides waiting for 6-month long wait-period which seems to increase every week?