+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP: Issuing work permit at port of entry

Darvin

Star Member
Jan 17, 2011
Hello All,

I recently received sowp and understand that the work permit will be issued at the port of entry.

May I know can I withdraw my proof of funds (fixed deposit) now before issuing the work permit at the port of entry?

bhavu1988

Sep 7, 2024
I went to port of entry to get spousal open work permit. and they are not satisfied with my answers for visiting canada. So, they called me for further examination on 10th sept again. So, anyone can guide me what will happen and what will they examine? is there any one have such experience? can they depot me? please reply me asap.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
I went to port of entry to get spousal open work permit. and they are not satisfied with my answers for visiting canada. So, they called me for further examination on 10th sept again. So, anyone can guide me what will happen and what will they examine? is there any one have such experience? can they depot me? please reply me asap.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/country-of-residence.608948/#post-10909409

Probably when you went from telling them you were a worker in London in your visa application to wanting to get a work permit during your one month visit

You told them one thing to get your visa and now this

If you’re returning in 20 days why the work permit ?