+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP from within or outside canada

simonchhetri

Jun 25, 2022
I am currently in canada on visitor visa. Applied sowp on may 3rd 2021. Medicals passed and review started on 23rd November 2021. What is your suggestion?
[/Q
Outland from india. Later moved to canada on visitor visa
Please reply is it possible to apply for visit visa even after applying for SOWP ? I have already applied for SOWP (1 month ago) but since visit visa are processing faster i want to know what will happen if I apply for visit visa ? Will my SWOP application be cancelled?

sal97

May 16, 2021
Yes. You can apply for visit visa when your sowp is in progress and you can get it approved. I mentioned in my visit visa sop that since sowp is taking time to process, i need to visit my visa for a short time.

After reaching canada, i updated the canadian address and contact address in my work permit application through webform. Confirmed the same with the ircc agent also. But my file is still in new delhi. She insisted me to raise a seperate webform requesting change of country and i did so. Its been two weeks, will confirm in few days whether my file has been transferred to canadian office or not.
hey! I know it's been a long time simce your post but were you able to transferyour application successfully? I am in the same boat. Have a visitor visa so I am planning to travel to Canada but I am not sure what to do with my work permit application. Any help/ advice would be much appreciated!

atailor

Dec 5, 2023
hey! I know it's been a long time simce your post but were you able to transferyour application successfully? I am in the same boat. Have a visitor visa so I am planning to travel to Canada but I am not sure what to do with my work permit application. Any help/ advice would be much appreciated!
Please update your outputs. We have been waiting for SOWP for longtime and planning to apply for visitor's visa simultaneously. There are lot of people like me in same boat. Your help will be really appreciated. Thank you!

sal97

May 16, 2021
I ended up not transferring my application. Transferring takes additional time. So I kept my application in India only. Although, since I had visitor visa already, I was able to travel to/from Canada. I am not sure what the situation would be if you apply for visitor visa after you have submitted SOWP.

AnuradhaBala

Apr 8, 2024
Yes. You can apply for visit visa when your sowp is in progress and you can get it approved. I mentioned in my visit visa sop that since sowp is taking time to process, i need to visit my visa for a short time.

After reaching canada, i updated the canadian address and contact address in my work permit application through webform. Confirmed the same with the ircc agent also. But my file is still in new delhi. She insisted me to raise a seperate webform requesting change of country and i did so. Its been two weeks, will confirm in few days whether my file has been transferred to canadian office or not.
Hi! I'm in the same situation now. Did you get your SOWP easily? Please reply. Thanks!