+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP from within or outside canada

Pranav2890

Feb 28, 2021
Hey guys, need a suggestion.

Is the processing time for SOWP different when applied from canada and india?
Is it much less when applied after spouse comes to canada on Visitor Visa and applied for SOWP from within Canada?
My spouse has been waiting for her SOWP from India since 3 months and I have heard that some of the others are waiting since a year.

Will the SOWP process expedite if she applies for her visitor visa and apply for SOWP after applying from within canada.

Thanks!

Oct 14, 2019
Hey guys, need a suggestion.

Is the processing time for SOWP different when applied from Canada and India?
Is it much less when applied after a spouse comes to Canada on Visitor Visa and applied for SOWP from within Canada?
My spouse has been waiting for her SOWP from India for 3 months and I have heard that some of the others are waiting for a year.

Will the SOWP process expedite if she applies for her visitor visa and applies for SOWP after applying from within Canada?

Thanks!
Yes, It seems. They should process the INLAND application faster.

The processing time for the OUTLAND application is 43Weeks & for INLAND is 123Days (17Weeks)

So it will be 50Days (Visit Visa) + 123 Days (183days; 26Weeks). All this while your spouse will be with you in Canada when waiting for an OWP visa approval.

P.s I have been waiting since April 27th 2021, Please apply for Visit Visa & the INLAND OWP

Jeja

Oct 23, 2020
Yes, It seems. They should process the INLAND application faster.

The processing time for the OUTLAND application is 43Weeks & for INLAND is 123Days (17Weeks)

So it will be 50Days (Visit Visa) + 123 Days (183days; 26Weeks). All this while your spouse will be with you in Canada when waiting for an OWP visa approval.

P.s I have been waiting since April 27th 2021, Please apply for Visit Visa & the INLAND OWP
I am currently in canada on visitor visa. Applied sowp on may 3rd 2021. Medicals passed and review started on 23rd November 2021. What is your suggestion?

Oct 14, 2019
Outland from india. Later moved to canada on visitor visa
Cool, That means you have applied for Visit visa when your OWP is still in Process ? Could you share your Visit Visa TimeLine too.

There's no direct answer for your question, There are multiple scenarios.
It all Depends on how many months left on your VISIT visa.

Jeja

Oct 23, 2020
I applied for visitor visa on Nov 3rd and got the ppr on Nov 16th through the new portal. Moved to canada on December 15th. So basically there is almost 5 months of stay left for me in canada.

Jeja

Oct 23, 2020
I applied for visitor visa on Nov 3rd and got the ppr on Nov 16th through the new portal. Moved to canada on December 15th. So basically there is almost 5 months of stay left for me in canada.
My sopw was in process since may 3rd 2021.

Oct 14, 2019
ok.

Few of my friends got their spousal OWP approved between 7-8months. In that we should be getting our applications approved by end of this month or next month.

You have these scenarios:

Scenario 01: If your OPW gets approved as mentioned above, you can start working (or look for a job as soon as you get a visa), If it's not approved by end of your Visit Visa period, you can ask for Visa Extension. ( But I have not seen any OPW not approved for 12months )

Scenario 02: If you cancel this OUTLAND & apply for INLAND it could be Processed too but the processing time is 123 days. Even then you have to ask for VISIT Visa Extension and I guess you will have to change all paperwork accordingly for INLAND.
Also, you will not be able to work all this wait PERIOD (123 days).

The LEVERAGE of getting approved is higher for Scenario 01.
Also with Scenario 01, you could quote the LONG WAIT Period when you rise a WEBFORM or Contact CUSTOMER Care in Canada.

I hope this helps.

Please do update, whatever you do. There are many people like us (April, may 2021 applicants) who are waiting for their OPW to be approved.
With this thread I got to know we could happily apply for VISIT VISA when OPW is Pending ( We did not dare to apply in Sep, assuming OPW will be cancelled )

TIA

Jeja

Oct 23, 2020
Yes. You can apply for visit visa when your sowp is in progress and you can get it approved. I mentioned in my visit visa sop that since sowp is taking time to process, i need to visit my visa for a short time.

After reaching canada, i updated the canadian address and contact address in my work permit application through webform. Confirmed the same with the ircc agent also. But my file is still in new delhi. She insisted me to raise a seperate webform requesting change of country and i did so. Its been two weeks, will confirm in few days whether my file has been transferred to canadian office or not.

Oct 14, 2019
Yes. You can apply for visit visa when your sowp is in progress and you can get it approved. I mentioned in my visit visa sop that since sowp is taking time to process, i need to visit my visa for a short time.

After reaching canada, i updated the canadian address and contact address in my work permit application through webform. Confirmed the same with the ircc agent also. But my file is still in new delhi. She insisted me to raise a seperate webform requesting change of country and i did so. Its been two weeks, will confirm in few days whether my file has been transferred to canadian office or not.
Ok Cool. Thanks for explaining.

Jeja

Oct 23, 2020
1. Proof of funds
2. Letter from wife's employer
3. Duration of stay
4. Proof of marriage (not sure about this)
Financial docs

1. Bank statement of your wife and you with funds
2. Tax statement of you and your wife
3. Pay stubs of you and your wife
4. Employment letter from your employer.
5. Invitation letter from you.
6. Employment letter from your wife's employer (Not mandatory)

*Proof of relationship

1. Marriage certificate
2. If your Marriage is new (less than 2 years) add your marriage photos and casual photos (10-15 nos) and snapshots of whatsapp, fb(10-15), other communication snapshots, other documents proving your relationship like joint bank accounts, jointly held property.

*Statement of purpose from your wife writting why she wants to visit you in Canada.( it is very important)

* Duration of stay shall be preferably for a month.
* Any travel history attach scanned copy of visa's and stamps.

Reactions: Miracle2018