+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP application has been 7 months

ffseries

Oct 7, 2024
Dear all,

Has anyone contacted this number, 1-888-242-2100, to speak directly with an IRCC agent about why the spousal open work permit application is taking so long?
Did it have a positive or negative impact on the application?
Can we get a more informative response about the delay from an agent compared to submitting a webform?

My study permit application was approved 4 months ago but my wife’ OWP application is now still in processing although I submit her application at the same time with mine.
I also submitted several webforms but no luck.

Last edited:

ffseries

Oct 7, 2024
What is your program? Where did spouse apply from? Applications do not have to processed together or at the same time.
I am a graduate student, and we applied together from the Philippines. Do you know if anyone in this forum receive a visa for their spouse after waiting more than 7 months?

please note that I dont receive any additional request from IRCC which may cause the delay.
Everything is unknown.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am a graduate student, and we applied together from the Philippines. Do you know if anyone in this forum receive a visa for their spouse after waiting more than 7 months?

please note that I dont receive any additional request from IRCC which may cause the delay.
Everything is unknown.
So you showed the tuition plus $26k. Call IRCC (if you are the representative) and ask about status.