NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-12-2016
AOR Received.
02-03-2017
Thanks for the previous reply.

Does anyone knows which way is better (fast processing) to apply: paper application (in VFS chandigarh) or online?

Thanks and regards,
Aman

Pilla

Apr 20, 2016
GreenHak said:
Good news to all Paper applicants.

You can now check application status online directly at the CIC website :)

hi can you please provide the link where we can check the status online in CIC website for paper applicants

Pilla

Apr 20, 2016
GreenHak said:
Good news to all Paper applicants.

You can now check application status online directly at the CIC website :)

I saw an option of linking my paper application in CIC site from where I can track my application status but after trying that way it is showing incorrect data or it is saying application might not have been uploaded .is there any other way to see the status then provide the URL link for that

Navprateek

Dec 29, 2015
ajsingh said:

Does anyone knows which way is better (fast processing) to apply: paper application (in VFS chandigarh) or online?

Thanks and regards,
Aman
Hi Aman,
When we applied paper based was way faster than online. If you choose to apply paper based, Chandigarh is still taking long as compared to Delhi. My husband lives like 7 hour drive away from Delhi but we still choose to get there rather than applying in Chandigarh.

rikin_patel11

Apr 20, 2016
Hi

I also applied for SOWP on February 12 2016 with Upfront medical (Paper Based Application) from India.

And The file submitted to Banglore Visa Office.

Processing time is over (2 months and 1 week), but i haven't got any update yet.

Anybody got any Update ?

Thank you

khushm27

Feb 19, 2016
rikin_patel11 said:
Hi

I also applied for SOWP on February 12 2016 with Upfront medical (Paper Based Application) from India.

And The file submitted to Banglore Visa Office.

Processing time is over (2 months and 1 week), but i haven't got any update yet.

Anybody got any Update ?

Thank you
Hi,

I applied on feb 17 vfs bangalore.. No update still.. :(
Do keep us posted about ur status.

subhk

Apr 20, 2016
Hello rikin_patel11 and Khushm27,

We have applied for SOWP on Feb5th Online with upfront medicals. Still IRCC has requested medicals on March 16th. Have not heard anything after that.

Thanks,
Subhk

b4ahmad

Star Member
Dec 5, 2013
subhk said:

We have applied for SOWP on Feb5th Online with upfront medicals. Still IRCC has requested medicals on March 16th. Have not heard anything after that.

Thanks,
Subhk
That is very normal of CIC. When they asked for medical, you should have attached the medical report that you previously attached with your application.

BTW, where your spouse currently residing? and did you apply online or paper based?

GreenHak

Star Member
Dec 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2016 - Paper Application
Doc's Request.
Not Requested
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
01-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Submitted with Application
VISA ISSUED...
04-05-2016
Pilla said:
hi can you please provide the link where we can check the status online in CIC website for paper applicants
Login to your MyCIC account. You will see a button 'Link application' or something related to that. None of us managed to link our paper based applications in it yet.

GreenHak

Star Member
Dec 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Not Requested
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
01-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
04-05-2016
subhk said:

Thanks,
Subhk
If you clarified IRCC that you have already submitted medicals, then you are fine. Online application outside Canada takes around at least 3 months to get processed.

GreenHak

Star Member
Dec 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Not Requested
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
01-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
04-05-2016
ajsingh said:

Thanks and regards,
Aman
I've heard Chandigarh consulate's processing time is higher than others. As Navprateek hinted, you can go for New Delhi.

subhk

Apr 20, 2016
b4ahmad,

I applied online based application. My spouse is in India...I am student here in canada. Yes I attached same medical report.

GreenHak,

yes, I clarified that I am already submitted medicals and still included medicals to be safe side. Wow it takes 3 months for online application? How do we know which office(bangalore, new delhi, chandigarh) is processing this application if applied online? Also, Feb 15th applicant who got approved is paper based application?

ssuresh1985

Jul 5, 2015
Does CIC notify us about the receipt of medical? The hospital said they sent the medicals 2 days back but my attorney says she hasn't recieved any notification yet.

GreenHak

Star Member
Dec 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Not Requested
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
01-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
04-05-2016
subhk said:
b4ahmad,

I applied online based application. My spouse is in India...I am student here in canada. Yes I attached same medical report.

GreenHak,

yes, I clarified that I am already submitted medicals and still included medicals to be safe side. Wow it takes 3 months for online application? How do we know which office(bangalore, new delhi, chandigarh) is processing this application if applied online? Also, Feb 15th applicant who got approved is paper based application?
IRCC introduced load balancing to make the speed up online application processing. An online application made outside canada can be sent to any visa processing centres around the world.

But usually, they are being sent to the home country of the applicant. In India, I've observed most of the online applications are processed in the Canadian High Comission in Delhi.

Anyway no one can predict accurately where it will be processed unless they disclose while communicating with you when the application is in process.

You can find more information on online applications in the following thread.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/spouse-open-work-permit-online-application-approved-timeline-t272262.0.html