+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP 2016 applicants

abhinavshah

Nov 13, 2013
rkapoor said:
Yes I contacted through CSE, no reply yet from there.
My scenario is little different, though my spouse have applied online and mentioned in the form apply from country of citizenship that is India
however his country of residence is UAE and I am afraid that the file is being processed over there as for UAE its almost 7 months... :(
As far as I know, the online application processing time will depend on the applicants current country of residence. So if you are the applicant and your country of residence is India, then the processing time will be applied accordingly... May I know what is your country of residence?

And if you think the processing time is passed you might better want to contact the CIC call centre in Canada...

JWZR421

Star Member
Feb 24, 2016
AB
Category........
Visa Office......
MVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2016
AOR Received.
24-02-2016
Med's Request
Upfront Meds
Passport Req..
09-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-06-2016
b4ahmad said:
Applied for SOWP on 19-jan-2016 online. No update yet. Has anybody heard anything from CIC regarding SOWP recently?
Someone who applied Inland on Jan 5, and received approval yesterday, 22 Jan.

Maangat

Mar 27, 2016
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
2nd Feb 2016
AOR Received.
11 may 2017
Med's Done....
2nd Feb 2016
Hello everyone
My name is Maangat from Ludhiana punjab . Applied online sowp on 2 February 2016 with upfront medical . My spouse submitted my application through her CIC account on the behalf of me . She has post graduate work permit . I worried about my application . I didn't get any updates even no info upload about my medical passed . So can anyone tell me about the procedure and processing time of applications
Thanks

Navprateek

Dec 29, 2015
Maangat said:
Hello everyone
My name is Maangat from Ludhiana punjab . Applied online sowp on 2 February 2016 with upfront medical . My spouse submitted my application through her CIC account on the behalf of me . She has post graduate work permit . I worried about my application . I didn't get any updates even no info upload about my medical passed . So can anyone tell me about the procedure and processing time of applications
Thanks
Don't worry the processing time for online application is more than 3 months. For you its only been a month you will see some update by end of april but it can go to may as well.. So relax

rajk223

Apr 1, 2016
Hello everyone...I had applied for sowp on 13th Dec 2015 online..did not receive any update yet..my file is processing in chandigarh embassy ...

Maangat

Mar 27, 2016
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
2nd Feb 2016
AOR Received.
11 may 2017
Med's Done....
2nd Feb 2016
Hello navprateek

Sorry to say ,, The website of CIC showes 2 months processing .

Maangat

Mar 27, 2016
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
2nd Feb 2016
AOR Received.
11 may 2017
Med's Done....
2nd Feb 2016
Hello rajk223

How do you know , your file processing in Chandigarh embassy .... Are you submitted upfront medical or not ?

rajk223

Apr 1, 2016
I am in Canada and I called CIC on their toll free number , they said your file is processing in Chandigarh. Medical not Submitted yet.

Maangat

Mar 27, 2016
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
2nd Feb 2016
AOR Received.
11 may 2017
Med's Done....
2nd Feb 2016
Thanx for share your experience with me .
Hope ,,we will get good news ..

GreenHak

Star Member
Dec 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2016 - Paper Application
Doc's Request.
Not Requested
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
01-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Submitted with Application
VISA ISSUED...
04-05-2016
Hey all,

Anyone got any response for the application ?

Keep everyone posted.

Navprateek

Dec 29, 2015
Maangat said:
Hello navprateek

Sorry to say ,, The website of CIC showes 2 months processing .
Well,
First of all I didn't apply online so I cannot say that its the exact time it took to process mine. All I told you was an overview after looking at so many posts on this forum. there are people who applied in December and are still waiting for an update. Just as a note when I applied for my work permit (not my husband's SOWP file) inside Canada the processing time was listed as 2 months and trust me/ not it took 3.5 months to get the permit approved. So cic times displayed are not precise. If you look carefully it says that these time frames may change depending on the load of applications. Only way you can have an idea about the processing time frame is from the experience of other whose applications were processed around the same time.

I hope your application gets processed/ approved in 2 months or less. Keep your fingers crossed!

GreenHak

Star Member
Dec 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Not Requested
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
01-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
04-05-2016
Navprateek said:
Well,
First of all I didn't apply online so I cannot say that its the exact time it took to process mine. All I told you was an overview after looking at so many posts on this forum. there are people who applied in December and are still waiting for an update. Just as a note when I applied for my work permit (not my husband's SOWP file) inside Canada the processing time was listed as 2 months and trust me/ not it took 3.5 months to get the permit approved. So cic times displayed are not precise. If you look carefully it says that these time frames may change depending on the load of applications. Only way you can have an idea about the processing time frame is from the experience of other whose applications were processed around the same time.

I hope your application gets processed/ approved in 2 months or less. Keep your fingers crossed!
Hi,

Could you please let me know how to track paper applications status on CIC website (not on VFS) ?

I went to this link https://onlineservices-servicesenligne.cic.gc.ca/eta/applicationQuery?lang=en&_ga=1.165476543.141049417.1447965433

It is asking for application number. I don't know my application number as I only have the tracking number from VFS. I tried with it but it's not working.

GreenHak

Star Member
Dec 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Not Requested
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
01-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
04-05-2016
dinkarinjosh said:
Hi Guys,

Need some help . First of all let me let you know my wife is in Canada on ICT . I can file open work permit as a dependent. Can some one please give the document list what i have to submit?
Once I have collected all the documents I shall ask for the further procedure. Note I am in India and have got dependent visa with me but not work permit, as I have yet to apply.

Thanks,
Dinkar
Check PM ;)

Navprateek

Dec 29, 2015
GreenHak said:
Hi,

Could you please let me know how to track paper applications status on CIC website (not on VFS) ?

I went to this link https://onlineservices-servicesenligne.cic.gc.ca/eta/applicationQuery?lang=en&_ga=1.165476543.141049417.1447965433

It is asking for application number. I don't know my application number as I only have the tracking number from VFS. I tried with it but it's not working.
Hi GreenHak,
You might have received an email which states your application number with in a week time. Did you successfully sign up to get email and text alerts in regards to your application?
When we applied my husband got a message and sign up for alerts and updates going to vfs website. Did the same, and when his medical request came they gave an application number to our case in the same email/

GreenHak

Star Member
Dec 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Not Requested
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
01-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
04-05-2016
Navprateek said:
Hi GreenHak,
You might have received an email which states your application number with in a week time. Did you successfully sign up to get email and text alerts in regards to your application?
When we applied my husband got a message and sign up for alerts and updates going to vfs website. Did the same, and when his medical request came they gave an application number to our case in the same email/
I paid for text alerts in VFS. I didn't signup for anything after applying. I believe you got the application number because you got a medical request directly from CIC.

In my case, I won't get my application number as I submitted medical upfront.

No other way than waiting for the outcome ??? ??? ???