+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP 2016 applicants

b4ahmad

Star Member
Dec 5, 2013
Applied for SOWP on 19-jan-2016 online. No update yet. Has anybody heard anything from CIC regarding SOWP recently?

abhinavshah

Nov 13, 2013
Since the processing time for work permit is 2 months & its almost been 2 months since you've applied, have you considered contacting CIC for any updates?

By the way, have you given up-front medicals when you applied for SOWP?

Navprateek

Dec 29, 2015
Guys the paper applications applied at vfs New Delhi/Ahmadabad/Bangalore are taking upto 1.5-2 months whereas online applications are taking upto 3 months these days. So be patient and pray for he best. The paper based ones will get a result sooner than it is for online applicants

faizy786

Jun 12, 2015
Hello everyone I have applied for ainp last year but still waiting my wife just got a job in noc B as she has graduated from alberta we are still waiting for her work permit to come both of us are here in Alberta we got married here in Alberta in September 2014 and we have a baby who's a citizen can you tell me what's the wait time to move from PG work permit to spouse work permit as my work permit will expire this November and what documents are required do I have to do a medical test as here since 4 years and my wife since 3 years and what are the chances of approval?

ashpur88

Star Member
Jun 24, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
b4ahmad said:
Applied for SOWP on 19-jan-2016 online. No update yet. Has anybody heard anything from CIC regarding SOWP recently?
Any updates b4ahmad? I applied online in the first week of March with upfront medical and I was surprised to see that they have updated my application saying "Medical Passed". They have reduced the expected processing time from 2 months to 1 months (for applications in India) so I am hoping that they will clear the backlog quickly now

ssuresh1985

Jul 5, 2015
Hi,

I applied for my SOWP online this week. I got it applied from my wife's attorney in Canada. I'm staying in India. Where will my applications be processed? And, the CIC website changed it processing time from 2 months to 1 month in India? How long would the online processing take?
Thank you all very much

rkapoor

Feb 17, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ashpur88 said:
Any updates b4ahmad? I applied online in the first week of March with upfront medical and I was surprised to see that they have updated my application saying "Medical Passed". They have reduced the expected processing time from 2 months to 1 months (for applications in India) so I am hoping that they will clear the backlog quickly now

Thats really fast. I have applied pnline and its been 3 months no updates.
Even didn't get any reply from CSE

ashpur88

Star Member
Jun 24, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rkapoor said:
Did you apply with upfront medical too?

Even I was surprised to see an update from them so soon. I assumed everyone got an update for medical and the delay begins when they start reviewing the documents

GreenHak

Star Member
Dec 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2016 - Paper Application
Doc's Request.
Not Requested
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
01-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Submitted with Application
VISA ISSUED...
04-05-2016
ashpur88 said:
Did you apply with upfront medical too?

Even I was surprised to see an update from them so soon. I assumed everyone got an update for medical and the delay begins when they start reviewing the documents
It is not delay. Checking your medical test is almost instant. They do it online. But when it comes to processing and verifying the application, it needs human attention. So it takes time.

ashwanijha86

Jan 1, 2016
Hello everyone,
Just apply using VFS, don't apply via CIC website they will stall your application for at least 3 months unlesss you have LMIA. Apply via VFS with tons of paper.

ashwanijha86

Jan 1, 2016
My wife got SOWP I am sharing the time-line here

Applied via CIC 10 AUG 2015
Rejected 9 November 2015

Applied via VFS 14 JAN 2016 with medical
Visa Approval - 2nd February 2016.

Documents :
Forms
Cover letter
Rejection letter
Invitation letter
My LMIA
My work permit and SIN
My offer letter
My bank statements
Marriage photos
Marriage certificate
Marriage card
Her Degrees

Hope you all get SWOP and other visa type soon.

Cheers

abhinavshah

Nov 13, 2013
rkapoor said:

Hello rkapoor,

Did you try contactig CIC for any status updates? Correct me if I am wrong... but 3 months is beyond normal processing times for Indian applicants, right?

rkapoor

Feb 17, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes I contacted through CSE, no reply yet from there.
My scenario is little different, though my spouse have applied online and mentioned in the form apply from country of citizenship that is India
however his country of residence is UAE and I am afraid that the file is being processed over there as for UAE its almost 7 months... :(

ashpur88

Star Member
Jun 24, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I wonder if there is a harm in applying through VFS again despite having an online application in process. Seeing how long people have been waiting after applying online, I am tempted to apply again via VFS. Any thoughts?