+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Social Workers 4152, Applied already/going to apply!

Jul 25, 2011
Hi I am a newbie and not quire sure about the changes between AOR and PER. Could you advise the difference or it's just the change of the name?
Also, would it be different for visa office to announce PER? I mean like there is a thresthold for application received for processing. And if that visa office haven't completed that high number of files, they might request CIO to temporary stop sending/forwarding files :) to them until the cap on files going down.
I see Olive submited quite a while in May but still haven't got PER?
I also belong to the Singapore office :(

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
@ 3883, an appl receives Positive Eligibility Review after CIO reviews the initial appl. This notice comes via an email to the applicant. CIO then forwards the file to the applicant's visa office who also sends the applicant Acknowledgementt Of Receipt, this thru snail mail or e-mail ( depending on ur VO).
Haven't heard anywhere that VO stops files from CIO due to high volumes of files. Some applicants are just unlucky to be waiting for PER so long, for others it's a sign of NER to come. It's adviseable to send CIO an email, better than fone call. They key is to check if payment has been processed cos unprocessed payment after 1+ months cld be bad news....Mandie

Olive Green

Star Member
Jun 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9th May 2011
IELTS Request
Send with application
File Transfer...
28th July 2011
mandiebraxton said:
Hi Olive, any news at your end? We are waiting for your PER news ;) Mandie
Hello Mandie
No news yet. May be I'm a bad sinner....LOL
Hoping to hear something very soon...... ;)

Thanks

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
Olive Green said:
Hello Mandie
No news yet. May be I'm a bad sinner....LOL
Hoping to hear something very soon...... ;)

Thanks
If i quite remember, you payment was processed late...so chin up. Waiting to hear ur good news too! M

efer

Star Member
Jan 18, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
How long it takes from second AOR to teh next stage?

ear All,

I have received PER on May 5, 2011.
Second AOR issued from VO on 8 June
Visa Office - Singapore
Ecas status: RBVO
NOC 4152

1) How long will it take to change my status ? Is it normal that VO is taking so much of time?

2) Due to my work in different International Organizations I have visited many countries for conferences and workshops which I have mentioned in my application, will that cause delay for processing?

3) I have done my masters in English but have worked with INGos like OXfam, Save the Children for 10 years, is their any change to get refusal from VO since I do not have social work degree.

I see many debates regarding this confusion. Some says it is necessary to have degree, some says work experience is important.

Please help

Wolvy

May 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-29-2011
AOR Received.
PER: 9-1-2011, 10-4-2011 2nd AOR
Med's Request
10-28-2013 & RPRF requested, doc request 12-27-2013
Med's Done....
11-8-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
03-19-2014
Good luck everyone waiting for your PER, myself included, hopefully everyone will get our positive new soon.

With regards to having a degree in SW or job experience it is a topic discussed here before. My opinion is that in terms of VO I think the job duties is what matters, not necessarily a degree in social work. So as long as you can prove that you have 4152 job duties for at least one year than I think you'll be ok. However, getting a job in Canada as a social worker (if that's what you want to pursue) without a degree in social work or similiar degree than it could be an issue as social work is a regulated profession in I think most provinces. HTH!

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
Wolvy said:
Good luck everyone waiting for your PER, myself included, hopefully everyone will get our positive new soon.

With regards to having a degree in SW or job experience it is a topic discussed here before. My opinion is that in terms of VO I think the job duties is what matters, not necessarily a degree in social work. So as long as you can prove that you have 4152 job duties for at least one year than I think you'll be ok. However, getting a job in Canada as a social worker (if that's what you want to pursue) without a degree in social work or similiar degree than it could be an issue as social work is a regulated profession in I think most provinces. HTH!
Spot on! Mandie

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
Re: How long it takes from second AOR to teh next stage?

efer said:
ear All,

I have received PER on May 5, 2011.
Second AOR issued from VO on 8 June
Visa Office - Singapore
Ecas status: RBVO
NOC 4152

1) How long will it take to change my status ? Is it normal that VO is taking so much of time?

2) Due to my work in different International Organizations I have visited many countries for conferences and workshops which I have mentioned in my application, will that cause delay for processing?

3) I have done my masters in English but have worked with INGos like OXfam, Save the Children for 10 years, is their any change to get refusal from VO since I do not have social work degree.

I see many debates regarding this confusion. Some says it is necessary to have degree, some says work experience is important.

Please help
In your case, what you should be worrying about is the job prospects in Canada as Wolvy rightly said, Social Work is a regulated profession requiring a SW degree.
With your immigration application, you are on track..you passed thru the PER stage.......and rejection at VO stage is unlikely. Good luck for the rest of the process....Mandie

Jul 25, 2011
mandiebraxton said:
@ 3883, an appl receives Positive Eligibility Review after CIO reviews the initial appl. This notice comes via an email to the applicant. CIO then forwards the file to the applicant's visa office who also sends the applicant Acknowledgementt Of Receipt, this thru snail mail or e-mail ( depending on ur VO).
Haven't heard anywhere that VO stops files from CIO due to high volumes of files. Some applicants are just unlucky to be waiting for PER so long, for others it's a sign of NER to come. It's adviseable to send CIO an email, better than fone call. They key is to check if payment has been processed cos unprocessed payment after 1+ months cld be bad news....Mandie
Thanks Mandie,
The thing is I applied through a representative with a bank draft. I got advice from my lawyer to wait between 4 and 7 months for AOR. Should I contact my agent to check if they don't receive PER email about my case after 2 months?

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
@ 3883, sometimes consultants don't pass the right info to their clients. I suggest u send CIO en enquiry abt ur application status. Include ur name, DoB and country of brith.At least you will get a fine number which you can use to check ecas. First of all check with the consultant if payment has been processed......Mandie

efer

Star Member
Jan 18, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Thank you for your suggestion and comments. I was wondering wherther travelling to other countries can cause delay in processing the file.

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
efer said:
Thank you for your suggestion and comments. I was wondering wherther travelling to other countries can cause delay in processing the file.
You mean as on holiday? Thing is you need to provide police clearance if you lived in another country more than 6 months. Perhaps the only hitch I forsee is getting medicals in your absence or something....don't know if this answers your question.....Mandie

Tasneem

Star Member
May 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2011
Med's Request
15-05-2013
Olive Green said:
Very good luck Tasneem (ahmed Toi) Lol........ ;)

Olive
(ahmed Toi) ::)

Olive Green

Star Member
Jun 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9th May 2011
IELTS Request
Send with application
File Transfer...
28th July 2011

astopal

Feb 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Olive Green said:
did u not like it......!!!!LOL

;)
Hi All
I recieve PER on 11the April, My Ecas status is RBVO from almost 3 months, but i did'nt recieve 2nd AOR nor my ecas status is changed from the same time my VO is london can any body plz update me in this regard???? because i saw many people recieve their 2nd AOR very soon after the PER? but in my case still nothing, so i m very worried,????????