+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOCIAL WORKER

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
zeenat imran said:
hello. i m applying in june 2011 under NOC 4152. as the cap is not reached yet. still i have chance?
As of May 20, the total application received for social workers was approximately 641, I believe you still got a chance in June. Good luck!

entemaria

May 1, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
4152 Social Worker
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 9, 2010 received in sydney, NS
Doc's Request.
filed with application... document request for spouse in January 2011
IELTS Request
filed with application
File Transfer...
29 Nov 2010
Med's Request
29 June 2011. CANADA POST took 22 days deliver this mail.
Med's Done....
26 July 2011 - Principal Applicant, 02 Sept 2011 - Spouse and baby
Interview........
waived!!!!
Passport Req..
Received
LANDED..........
lives in the capital city of Canada... Ottawa, Ontario for last 4 years
mandiebraxton said:
As of May 20, the total application received for social workers was approximately 641, I believe you still got a chance in June. Good luck!
You are right mandie!

social

Nov 6, 2012
Hello,

I am student in India; at present pursuing my Masters in Social Work with a concentration in Crime, Criminology an Justice. I am expected to graduate in May 2013.

I would like to work in Canada as a social worker. Could you please guide me.

jaybee1026

Jan 30, 2022
IF YOU ARE A SOCIAL WORKER AND IF YOU NEED TO REGISTER IN ANY PROVINCE IN CANADA AS SOCIAL WORKER, it is a SIMPLE TASK

1. GATHER YOUR DOCUMENTS FROM THE SCHOOL OR UNIVERSITIES WHERE YOU STUDIED
2. DOCUMENT IT PROPERLY... BE VERY CAREFUL WHILE YOU DO YOUR DOCUMENTATION!!!!
3. DECIDE WHICH PROVINCE YOU ARE MIGRATING
4. SEND IT TO TO CANADIAN ASSOCIATION OF SOCIAL WORKERS, OTTAWA, ONTARIO, CANADA
5. WAIT FOR A MONTH OR TWO... YOU WILL RECEIVE YOUR POSITIVE REPLY!
6. BE HAPPY!
7. GET YOUR PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR WORK PERMIT
8. APPLY TO THE PROVINCIAL REGISTRATION BODY
9. BE HAPPY AND WAIT.
10 YOU WILL RECEIVE IT BY MAIL

don't wait your money and time by going to Ryerson University Program..
faculties from Ryerson suggested this option to me. so why you don't try this...

I TRIED THIS OPTION AND I AM SUCEESFUL... BUT NOW I DON'T WANT BE A SOCIAL WORKER.. I WANT BE A LAWYER.. SO I AHVE APPLIED TO OTTAWA UNIVERSITY LAW SCHOOL.. ( FORGOT TO SAY... I WAS A LAWYER BEFORE.. I GOT MY LAW EDUCATION CREDENTIALS ALSO GOT EVALUATED AND I NEED TO STUDY ONLY FOUR SUBJECTS TO STUDY..
Since it is 2022, is the same process applicable, I am newbie here, planning to work in Canada as a Social Worker

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Since it is 2022, is the same process applicable, I am newbie here, planning to work in Canada as a Social Worker
No, the same process is not applicable. Research the Express Entry program if you want to understand how to immigrate to Canada.

bookibeaut

Apr 27, 2023
Dear Y2J, there is a thread on social workers, and we will be happy to have u join us to share our experiences: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/social-workers-4152-applied-alreadygoing-to-apply-t70325.0.html

Now with regards to your question, this has to be seen in 2 parts:
1. immigration purposes
2. job prospects in Canada

This question has already been posed and I did some research and I can only comment on the number 2. I guess you are already aware that social work is a regulated profession: Saskatchewan, Alberta, Ontario, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador and to register to practice in any province should meet certain requirements, one of which is to hav BA or MA in Social work. I have however come accross one province, Ontario where you could still apply for alicense without a social work degree so far as you have a bachelors and have performed the role of a social worker for at least a year:http://ocswssw.org/en/sw_no_degree.htm. The other thing is to have you degree evaluated.....the Canadian Association of Social Workers evaluates only social work degrees. I believe your question is more to do with 1 than 2, but I hope this has given you some insights
Hi @mandiebraxton , please I need your help on pathways to explore in working as a social worker in Canada. I'm a practicing social worker in Africa with over 10years of experience. I'm licensed by Nigeria Social Worker Association. I'm considering FSW/PNP express entry pathway. But after reading your responses on the thread, I feel it best to stand on the shoulders of experienced folks like you before investing my hard earned money into immigration process. Plus my current CRS is 366 which is a major drawback. I look forward to your response and from any other member that will help. The link to the social workers group l/thread is broken, could you please share the active web link with me. Thanks a bunch.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi @mandiebraxton , please I need your help on pathways to explore in working as a social worker in Canada. I'm a practicing social worker in Africa with over 10years of experience. I'm licensed by Nigeria Social Worker Association. I'm considering FSW/PNP express entry pathway. But after reading your responses on the thread, I feel it best to stand on the shoulders of experienced folks like you before investing my hard earned money into immigration process. Plus my current CRS is 366 which is a major drawback. I look forward to your response and from any other member that will help. The link to the social workers group l/thread is broken, could you please share the active web link with me. Thanks a bunch.
You need to increase your score for Express Entry - FSW. At 366, you want to increase score to over 470. So you need to look at learning French or studying a Masters or PhD. As for PNPs, without a job offer, provincial license and low EE score, there may be no options. You need to research each PNP program.

bookibeaut

Apr 27, 2023
You need to increase your score for Express Entry - FSW. At 366, you want to increase score to over 470. So you need to look at learning French or studying a Masters or PhD. As for PNPs, without a job offer, provincial license and low EE score, there may be no options. You need to research each PNP program.
Noted. Thanks for your contribution.