+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SINP 2016 --- Preparation & FAQs

imgoingtocanada

Jul 5, 2015
talktoudaykumar said:
you should show atleast one year exp on NOC which you are applying. It is not related to your education.
However, if your education is totally not aligned with your NOC, there will be a problem.

For example.. if you done commrece and doing job of IT or Mechanical Engineering ... then it's problem. If your job is somewhat related to your field of study.. then it's good.

Finally your study should atleast align with your current NOC which you are applying and you should show one year exp for that NOC your applying.

Hope this helps.

hi,

since my experiences and intended occupation is not at all related to my education, what if, i take an assessment test to get a national certification for my intended occupation, it's a certification that's recognized by my country. so it's the other way around, work experiences first then the certification to prove that my experiences and knowledge are all legit, would that work?

thanks

ashuindian

VIP Member
Jan 5, 2016
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
4Jan16
Nomination.....
01Jun16
AOR Received.
17Jan17
File Transfer...
09 Feb17
Med's Request
08 Jun17
Med's Done....
13 Jun17
Passport Req..
05-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2018
LANDED..........
15-05-2018
If we have at least 1 year or more experience related to computer sales. For which NOC code will we qualify?

ashmilwaqas

Star Member
Dec 19, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi guys,

will you guide me that which documents are needed to prove that your close relative lives in Saskatchewan?

i uploaded my bro's heath card, pay stubs, bills and canadian citizenship card! Is it enough as a prove of close relative or some thing else is also required as a proof?

Please guide!

Thanks in advance!
Regards

nickarter84

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
LANDED..........
10-08-2016
ashuindian said:
If we have at least 1 year or more experience related to computer sales. For which NOC code will we qualify?
Send your complete duties and responsibilites to NOC@WorkingInCanada.Gc.Ca

they will tell you about your exact NOC Code.

imgoingtocanada

Jul 5, 2015
talktoudaykumar said:
you should show atleast one year exp on NOC which you are applying. It is not related to your education.
However, if your education is totally not aligned with your NOC, there will be a problem.

For example.. if you done commrece and doing job of IT or Mechanical Engineering ... then it's problem. If your job is somewhat related to your field of study.. then it's good.

Finally your study should atleast align with your current NOC which you are applying and you should show one year exp for that NOC your applying.

Hope this helps.

hi,

since my experiences and intended occupation is not at all related to my education, what if, i take an assessment test to get a national certification for my intended occupation, it's a certification that's recognized by my country. so it's the other way around, work experiences first then the certification to prove that my experiences and knowledge are all legit, would that work?

thanks

Blanka

Star Member
Sep 10, 2014
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-06-2016
imgoingtocanada said:
hi,

thanks
Legit or not, but you're still wouldn't have experience in your field of education which is one of the requirements.

imgoingtocanada

Jul 5, 2015
Blanka said:
Legit or not, but you're still wouldn't have experience in your field of education which is one of the requirements.

yes, but if i have the certification, it's like that's part of my education now, isn't it? part of my training

Blanka

Star Member
Sep 10, 2014
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-06-2016
imgoingtocanada said:
yes, but if i have the certification, it's like that's part of my education now, isn't it? part of my training
These are the requirements:

You may apply under the SINP International Skilled Worker Category without a job offer in Saskatchewan if you live outside of Canada or you have proof of legal status in Canada and you meet the following criteria:
1. Score a minimum of 60 points out of 100 on the point assessment grid.
2. Have a minimum language score of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 4. Please note: CLB 4 is the minimum; employers and regulatory bodies may require higher language scores.
3. Have completed a minimum of one year of post-secondary education or training which is comparable to the Canadian education system and has resulted in a degree, diploma, certificate, or a certificate equivalent to a trade certificate (that is verifiable).
4. Have a minimum of one-year paid work experience in the past ten years related to your field of education or training.

My personal opinion is that it is not the same, because with that certificate you get the confirmation that you have experience in whatever you are doing and you know how to do that job. Getting a certificate for what you do is not equal to post secondary education comparable to Canadian education, and it's not education, it's assessement of your skills.

If you want to claim points for education, beside diploma / certificate you have to provide your transcripts, and that's another problem. So think wisely before you do something.

armanarian

Jan 15, 2016
Category........
Other
Hi guys,
One time I was rejected because my employment experience is not related to my post‐secondary education.
next time i wanna to submit again , can i change my reference letter's duties and mix my experience with my education?
my experience is electrical technician & my education is management.

ankit_46

Star Member
Oct 12, 2014
Hi One_topsy,

I have applied for SINP on 4th dec.. NOC:2281.. I have got a mail on 11th dec to submit missing document. I have submitted that fund document on 24th Dec. My status shows " in-process "

But while I have checked the fund status on OASIS it shows 1.53.000 INR. the document which I have provided clearly stats "6,09,000 INR" . It will create any issue ? Should I contact to SINP regarding this ?

Kindly suggest.

One more thing, comparison to dec month the process is running quite slow in this month. Anyone started receiving any updates regarding nomination now..

ashuindian

VIP Member
Jan 5, 2016
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
4Jan16
Nomination.....
01Jun16
AOR Received.
17Jan17
File Transfer...
09 Feb17
Med's Request
08 Jun17
Med's Done....
13 Jun17
Passport Req..
05-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2018
LANDED..........
15-05-2018
If Intended occupation is not matching your University 3 years degree (After Higher Secondary) or Master's Degree or Ph.D. and you want to apply on basis of your another Post Higher Sec. one year or two year Trade certificate course/Other NOC related course (Ex. Computer Diploma for NOC 2282)

Q. : Will you still eligible to get Education 20 Points or 23 points in the Point Assessment Grid behalf of your 3 years University Degree or Master's
Degree or Ph.D. for OID category?

SINP Ans. - No you would not receive the 20 points or 23 points if your work experience does not relate to that education. You would get only 12
points (1year trade course) or 15 Points (2 year trade course)

OnOn

Star Member
Feb 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My husband is going to apply under "international skilled worker-employment-job-offer" stream.

He has been working from April 24th,2015 till now and he will have terminated his job the end of March to go to Canada in April.

It is possible for us to insist '1 year work experience'?

Blanka

Star Member
Sep 10, 2014
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-06-2016
OnOn said:
My husband is going to apply under "international skilled worker-employment-job-offer" stream.

He has been working from April 24th,2015 till now and he will have terminated his job the end of March to go to Canada in April.

It is possible for us to insist '1 year work experience'?
One year of work experience in intended occupation is a must, and you will have to prove it by providing reference letters from his employer.

OnOn

Star Member
Feb 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Blanka said:
One year of work experience in intended occupation is a must, and you will have to prove it by providing reference letters from his employer.
Thank you very much.
He will prove ' 1 year work ' with his name card and reference letter.
Is it going to be enough?

dkr1980

Jan 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2016
Doc's Request.
19-05-2016
Nomination.....
13-06-2016
AOR Received.
Waiting
IELTS Request
Submit with application
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Dear SINP 2016 Friends,

I have create spreadsheet for 2016 for updates status.

Thanks